We chose Sunshine Suites based on the excellent reviews and price, and we were not disappointed. Every staff member we encountered acted like they loved their job and were thrilled to help us. They cheerfully answered every question we had, from what time to call a cab for the airport to good restaurant recommendations.
The room was what you'd expect for a reasonably priced hotel. Nothing over the top but just about everything we needed. The kitchenette is nice for preparing your own meals or just keeping a few snacks and drinks close at hand. It included a few basic dishes and utensils. The room was clean and well-maintained. At one point our AC stopped working and a repairman had it fixed within an hour. The room was very quiet despite being near one of the main roads. My only suggestion would be to have more hooks in the bathroom or more hangers in the closet. We quickly ran out of places to hang our swimsuits and towels after visiting the beach, and things take a long time to dry. We were on the ground floor so did not have a railing, which many guests used to hang towels to dry.
The grounds are beautifully maintained with Adirondack chairs and hammocks available for relaxing. The pool is small but a nice place to hang out and enjoy drinks from the restaurant next to it. The restaurant was great and we ate there several times. Many people not staying at the hotel also eat there, and we were even referred there by a local who didn't know we were guests at the hotel. The free breakfast is decent. It was pretty much the same thing every one of the 5 days we stayed but really can't complain as it was free.
The resort is a quick walk from the beach. Chairs and small beach towels are provided to take with you. There are a handful of shops and restaurants within walking distance, but once you've tried all those places, be prepared to take a cab, bus or rent a car to get anywhere else.
We did not bring kids but the resort is very family-friendly. Overall a wonderful experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands