“Great place, just across street from the beach.”

Sunshine Suites Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Indianapolis
“Great place, just across street from the beach.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We haven't been to GCM for 6 years and decided it was time. We are avid snorkelers so although being on the water is always nice, it's usually dark when we're in the room anyway. 7 Mile beach is right across the street. We took advantage of the "grab and go" breakfast 6 of 8 mornings. It's convenient and free! The Sunshine Grill, a restaurant onsite has the best shrimp or fish tacos I've ever had! Our room was clean but a little small. It had all the extras we needed (a full size refrigerator and a coffee maker). The grounds are perfectly manicured and the staff is very friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan-Carol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
NewJersey
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked this vacation 1 week before we left and this is exactly what we were hoping it would be. The hotel itself is well kept, clean and near the beach. I was traveling with my 2 daughters and one has severe food allergies so the kitchen in the room was a big draw. The kitchen itself was equipped with the basics which worked well for us. We walked to the grocery store and stocked up on water and snacks. I've read the reviews that there is no ice maker at the hotel but it had ice cube trays and we just made ice. I didn't find it a problem at all. Check in was a breeze, everyone was so friendly and nice every time I stopped in. The room had 2 ceiling fans which really helped keep the room cool. I did have to call down 2 times. The first time was the evening of our arrival when we realized the sofa bed did not have sheets. The second time was when the smoke alarm was beeping for no reason. Someone was at our room both times within 5 minutes. Excellent response! There are plenty of beach chairs by the pool which you just pick up and take with you (nice touch). I saw one beach umbrella but it was gone the next morning. I would like to see more umbrellas as there is no shade at all on the beach and in August it's a bit much. The walk to the beach is short, about 5 minutes. It's not the most scenic walk as you go between the Westin hotel and another. I found myself going around the walk thru to the parking lot of the Westin because there was always an employee of the Westin smoking in the walk thru. Just a bit odd but still a short walk to get to a gorgeous beach.
The Sunrise grill was so good! We ate there at least once everyday. They accommodated my daughters allergy and the food was wonderful. I loved the fish & shrimp tacos and the shrimp quesadillas. We found if you have a late lunch or early dinner (around 3pm) there is no wait time otherwise for lunch and dinner there is always a 20-30 minute wait. We always had leftovers to have as a snack later. The grab and go free breakfast was fine. There was very good coffee, juice, cereal, baked goods, fruit and some days hard boiled eggs. I realize people have complained that they cut the muffins in half but I have no problem with that. Try it, if you like it take another half, it's better than wasting food. I made pancakes in the room for my daughter with things we purchased at the grocery store so it worked out well for all.
The pool was very nice and the water was warm (I loved it). There is a bus stop on the main road and we took it to Georgetown for $2.50 US per person. Very convenient. The free shuttle bus to the Turtle Farm stops by twice a day. They have free Wii-fi but it was out our first day and the password was changed mid week, but they did call at some point to let us know (i had already stopped in to reception). Most of the time I would say it worked very well.

All in all this was a very relaxing, beautiful vacation. I would definitely stay at the Sunshine Suites again!

Room Tip: We were in the building closest to the beach on the second floor. There is no elevator but I didn...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cerj2
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Wonderful service, rooms were great, excellent location! The hotel is perfect for the casual traveler:) I highly recommend this place for anyone who wants a nice place to rest and be close to the beaches, restaurants and the airport!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lisa C
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I just spent the past 5 days here at the Sunshine Suites and it was absolutely wonderful. Check in was a breeze. Reception was fast and friendly. We stayed in room 309 (which was a suite). We had a full size refrigerator and freezer, microwave along with a 2 burner electric cooktop. The room was very clean and appeared to recently updated. The main office provided beach towels for us. If you wanted to take some beach chairs, they were plentiful and free to use as well. Wifi was free in the rooms, but was spotty during our stay. Housekeeping was good.
The Grill was terrific! The fish tacos are the best, but the red snapper sandwich is a close second. We ate her multiple times and the food and service were excellent! Michael was our bartender on multiple occasions and was very friendly and helpful.
The pool is small...but I'm not complaining. Walk across the street and you are at a beautiful beach! I would not hesitate to stay here the next time I visit the Caymans! It was better than I hoped it would be!!!

Room Tip: Our room did not have much of a view (309) but was very quiet. The restaurant closes early, so unle...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mikeshamokin
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Sunshine Suites are a very short walk away from the stunning Seven mile beach. There are beach chairs to borrow and sometimes you also get a parasol.
The rooms are clean and have enough space, the kitchnette has everything you need, if you want to cook on your own.
The staff is very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brigitte B
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have spent many vacations at Sunshine Suites including Thanksgivings, we're talking around 15 years! Accommodations are clean and I consider spacious. There are 2 buildings with 3 floors. No elevator is the only downside but help is available to you if needed. A short walk to a beautiful beach with beach chairs provided and beach towels. The sunsets are gorgeous.The water is calm and clear. Kids can have fun in the pool before going to bed. If you don't want to rent a car, local tours will pick you up and the local bus runs every 15 minutes @ 2.50 US pp along 7 Mile. Sundays most stores are closed and the bus does not run so get your shopping done. The food at Sunshine Grille is reasonable and really good. I have my favorite (had the same thing 3 days out of 4) you can't go wrong and servings are plenty to fill you up. Complimentary Breakfast is set up now in a quiet open building with seating inside or out. Plenty of choices for kids and adults too. If you are looking for a "Pamper You to Death" place find somewhere else. If you like doing your "Own Thing" then try Sunshine Suites. I think you will return again and again as we do. The BIG PLUS is it is that we consider Grand Cayman a SAFE Island. Capt. Marvin Stingray City tours is in the little shopping strip nearby. They took us on a trip many years ago and it was so much fun. Nice Island with Great People!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lorraine C
niagara falls
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife, daughter and myself stayed here. Great room with kitchen. I loved this place!!! Location is perfect. Just off seven mile beach which is breathtaking. So you have to walk across the road... Big deal.. Groceries are near by, a corner store within 3 min. Walk. $5 taxi rides up and down seven mile beach.. You must see the turtle farm. Cemetery beach is great for snorkeling we rented a car across the street, that was fun. You must do a stingray tour.. A MUST do.. The island is beautiful with a lot of hidden places to see. Don't bother with fine dinning $$$ or just be wise..

• Stayed February 2014
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#1 of 1 in East End

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!