My wife and I spent a week at Sunshine Suites and thoroughly enjoyed it. While not right on the waterfront you simply need to cross the street to access the beach. Sunshine provides high quality collapsible beach chairs for it's guests that are an easy carry the 300 meters to some of the nicest sand and crystal clear calm waters you could ever ask for. You can either plunk your chairs down "in between" any of the beachfront resort properties but we preferred to go a bit further North on the beach to a large strip of sand directly in front of the Cayman Governor's residence.
The resort itself is in decent shape and the well kept grounds quite beautiful. Our 1 bedroom suite had everything we needed and it was also clean and comfortable. A good A/C unit in the room and 2 ceiling fans kept the heat at bay when we were in our room. We took advantage of the large fridge and full kitchen and cooked at least 1-2 meals a day to save a few bucks as the restaurants in the Caymans can be a bit pricey. Sunshine does have a free continental breakfast that we tried out a couple of the days but found we often preferred to make our own coffee and breaky. About the only complaint was the lack of cutlery in the drawers and the absence of a dishwasher.
We ate at the Grille restaurant onsite a couple of times and found the food and the service good! Although one breakfast was essentially ruined by the grounds-keeping staff mowing and blowing loudly for 2-3 hs on Wed morning, so maybe go out for breakfast on Wednesdays!
All in all we enjoyed Sunshine Suites and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands