We stayed at the Caymans for a long Valentine's weekend and absolutely loved it - for the price and the quality of accomodations it's an absolute steal compared to what you'll pay right across the street for the other hotels that are on the beach nearby (Westin, Ritz). Crossing the street is no big ordeal as someone else mentioned - pick up the freely-provided chairs and walk 5 minutes to the beach. Beach access is directly across the street as you come out of the Sunshine Suites grounds. The landscaping and hotel surroundings are very neat and well-taken care of, and the hammocks are a nice touch as well. Even the building colors were pleasing to the eye and very colorful, pastels abound, in contrast to the drab faded blue of the Westin and the boring biege of the Ritz. The hotel has its own beach-cleaning station to wash your feet off before heading back inside, which was nice after hanging out at the beach. Towels are also included, so we always had what we needed for the day when we went snorkeling or to watch the sunset (a daily ritual you'll soon come to love). Our room was great as well, no complaints; it was clean, quiet, and very comfortable, just the right size to use as a place to crash for the evening. The service at Sunshine was stellar; Renoir at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating. Everything was stellar in terms of service, and though the Pina Coladas were great, the female bartender was a bit gruff and not very friendly, and even shortchanged us on the drinks, though the rest of her coworkers were very polite in contrast. We didn't dine at the Sunshine Grill but breakfast was quite bountiful and it's a cool hangout day and night. The hotel also had a very hip, lounge-like feel that was a nice respite after hours spent in the sun. It's also very centrally-located in the middle of Seven Mile Beach, as a launchpad to go north or south exploring. We'll definitely come back to Sunshine the next Cayman go-round and highly recommend it to everyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands