“Absolultely Wonderful!”

Sunshine Suites Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 11 March 2011

This is truly a gem of a hotel. Perfect location along Seven Mile Beach, friendly, helpful and accomodating staff, terrific restaurant (with generous hot breakfast buffet included!). The rooms were clean, the beds were super comfortable. There is not one thing wrong with this hotel. We had a fabulous stay and highly recommend the Sunshine Suites.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 March 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 8 days in March. It was much better than expected.

The rooms were nicely furnished with a nice sofa, small table to eat on, extra chairs to relax on, a fridge, microwave, plates, glasses and utensils. Everything needed for convenience. Bathroom was well kept and was stocked with shampoo & conditioner.

The service was better than I have received at 5 star resorts. Anything we asked for was handled in a prompt, friendly manner. My wife lost her watch and when we got back to the states, we contacted the front desk. They had located the watch and they mailed it out the next day. Very impressive. If we needed extra towels for the beach, no problem. Plenty of lawn chairs too.

An added bonus was that the guests who were staying there were all friendly. Most of the people were booked on scuba diving excursions so the conversations were always lively. In addition, by early evening, the place was quiet.

I mentioned in another review how much I liked the food in the Sunshine Grill. We ate there 5 times!

I have heard comments that a drawback is that the beach is 200 yards away. Nothing wrong with getting a little exercise especially when it means saving a lot of money. Another comment is that the internet connection is slow. This is true but why worry about this when you are on vacation?

I noticed that the Sunshine Suites had plenty of repeat customers. They can add my wife and I to the list. We will be back next year for another visit.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreggMS
Reviewed 11 March 2011

This was our third time staying at this hotel and it was awesome. The staff are friendly, polite,accommodating and helpful. We love staying here. The location is perfect, breakfast is included and very good. The Sunshine Grill makes delicious food and the little ice cream they provide at the end of your lunch just satisfies your sweet and ice cream wish. We cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Everything you could ask for in a hotel. clean and comfortable. Short walk across the street to the beach. Never had a problem with getting a beach chair, pleanty were always available! Rooms were clean and well kept, however i found the pillows were too thick ( but thats just me!) Great value for your money, as long as you are OK with crossing the street to the beach then this is THE PLACE to stay! Continental breakfast included, nothing fancy, but filled your stomach! Any questions please just ask!

Reviewed 1 March 2011

Me and my wife from Sweden stayed 5 nights at Sunshine in one of their bedroom suotes. We have been to severla Carabean islands but this was the ever best. Sunshine suites gave us really values for our money. Very friendly, spotless clean, convinent situated, service 100% perfect. free internet, beach towels and chairs. We are already talking about going back.
So if you plan a trip to Cayman do not spend money in overpriced hotels like Westin, Ritz etc as Sunshine Suites are perfect.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

I know Grand Cayman very well. having lived there and tried all the hotels. I have no hesitation in recommending Sunshine Suites as the absolute best value for money. All the staff are extremely helpful and conscientious;the grounds comprise magnificent palms and superbly-kept lawns, with open views. The magnificent and justly famous Seven Mile Beach is only a ten minute stroll away. Suites have two tv's and are delightfully furnished

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My husband and I had to stay a couple of extra days at the end of our vacation because he was ill and the Shangri La B&B where we had been staying (absolutely excellent place) was full. I had the travel insurance company call Sunshine Suites and arrange for us to stay there - they only had a couple of rooms available and managed to accommodate us at late notice.

Admittedly this was hardly an ideal situation and the insurance company did everything they could to make things as time-consuming and difficult to arrange as they possibly could but...Sunshine Suites were brilliant. Every single member of staff that I had to discuss things with were helpful, courteous and quite frankly offered the kind of service I would expect from the Four Seasons (who I love to stay with if I can). Wonderful. The facilities were comfortable, room staff friendly and if I really wanted to stay somewhere close to Seven Mile Beach I would recommend it. Luckily my husband was well enough to leave (or maybe unlucky - Cayman is not such a bad spot to get stranded at) and so we only stayed two nights.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#5 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!