My family and I recently spent a week at the Caribbean Club and had a lovely time. The CC arranged for a taxi from the airport and it was roughly $30 USD and super easy. The location of the hotel is perfect, within walking distance to grocery shopping, dining and activities. The beach is absolutely gorgeous, immaculately clean and the snorkeling is fantastic. For the majority of our stay, we had the beach to ourselves. Common areas of the club are well kept and trendy. For the most part, the staff is competent and always friendly. We dined at Luca and it was delicious! The service was fantastic and the food was perfectly timed and cooked. I peeked in at the Sunday brunch and it looked fantastic as well.
We did have a number of issues during our stay, however. In and of themselves – the complaints are inconsequential yet when added together indicate a lack of facility maintenance, which was disturbing given the CC’s reputation. I had arranged for a high chair to be in our room ahead of time however, I had to place three calls to the front desk, over a two day period, in order to get one delivered. Our kitchen was woefully under stocked with basic cooking items (pans, tongs, food containers and wine glasses), the oven took (literally) one hour to heat to 350, the dishwasher did not properly clean and the ice maker was broken. In the queen suite, the main door knob and all bathroom fixtures (faucets, TP holder, towel racks) were loose or coming off the hinges and the temperature in the room was easily 10 degrees colder than the rest of the flat. There was a significant ant problem on the deck (which is gorgeous, by the way) which made eating outdoors or lounging on the super comfy furniture impossible. The wireless internet was sporadic, at best, and the audio and visual on the television needed calibration. Most importantly, there was black mold in the showers in both the king suite and the children’s bath that could not be removed by housekeeping. After a number of days, I requested to see a similar unit and I was happy to learn that the issues we faced in unit 302 (the mold, poorly maintained hardware) were in fact unit specific. We also took advantage of the concierge grocery service, however I would not recommend doing so. Many of the items I requested were incorrect and the fruit had to be thrown out the day we arrived. Upon check out, our bill was incorrect for the number of nights as well as the quoted rate.
Even with all of the above said, we will stay there again and I would recommend the Caribbean Club to my friends and family. With this caveat: don’t use the grocery service, bring your own wifi hotspot and speak up. No matter how small or insignificantly irritating an issue is, for almost $1,000 USD per night, it should be perfect. And from my personal experience, the staff is more than willing to help make it so. Bottom line: I think they simply dropped the ball in our unit. I’m hopeful this feedback will encourage a more thorough reconciliation process and communication of unit details moving forward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Club is a luxury hotel offering 1-3 bedroom villas and suites located in the heart of Seven Mile Beach. Each suite has a large living room with full equipped gourmet kitchen and a beautiful balcony furnished with dining table and lounge chairs overlooking Seven Mile Beach. The oceanfront villas built directly on to the white sand of Seven Mile Beach offer wrap around patios with direct walk-out on to the beach or breathtaking views. Beach service, lunch and dinner is served by LUCA, our onsite restaurant. We will cater to your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribbean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Caribbean Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands