“Lovely time, room for improvement.”
Review of Caribbean Club

Caribbean Club
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Chicago
“Lovely time, room for improvement.”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My family and I recently spent a week at the Caribbean Club and had a lovely time. The CC arranged for a taxi from the airport and it was roughly $30 USD and super easy. The location of the hotel is perfect, within walking distance to grocery shopping, dining and activities. The beach is absolutely gorgeous, immaculately clean and the snorkeling is fantastic. For the majority of our stay, we had the beach to ourselves. Common areas of the club are well kept and trendy. For the most part, the staff is competent and always friendly. We dined at Luca and it was delicious! The service was fantastic and the food was perfectly timed and cooked. I peeked in at the Sunday brunch and it looked fantastic as well.

We did have a number of issues during our stay, however. In and of themselves – the complaints are inconsequential yet when added together indicate a lack of facility maintenance, which was disturbing given the CC’s reputation. I had arranged for a high chair to be in our room ahead of time however, I had to place three calls to the front desk, over a two day period, in order to get one delivered. Our kitchen was woefully under stocked with basic cooking items (pans, tongs, food containers and wine glasses), the oven took (literally) one hour to heat to 350, the dishwasher did not properly clean and the ice maker was broken. In the queen suite, the main door knob and all bathroom fixtures (faucets, TP holder, towel racks) were loose or coming off the hinges and the temperature in the room was easily 10 degrees colder than the rest of the flat. There was a significant ant problem on the deck (which is gorgeous, by the way) which made eating outdoors or lounging on the super comfy furniture impossible. The wireless internet was sporadic, at best, and the audio and visual on the television needed calibration. Most importantly, there was black mold in the showers in both the king suite and the children’s bath that could not be removed by housekeeping. After a number of days, I requested to see a similar unit and I was happy to learn that the issues we faced in unit 302 (the mold, poorly maintained hardware) were in fact unit specific. We also took advantage of the concierge grocery service, however I would not recommend doing so. Many of the items I requested were incorrect and the fruit had to be thrown out the day we arrived. Upon check out, our bill was incorrect for the number of nights as well as the quoted rate.

Even with all of the above said, we will stay there again and I would recommend the Caribbean Club to my friends and family. With this caveat: don’t use the grocery service, bring your own wifi hotspot and speak up. No matter how small or insignificantly irritating an issue is, for almost $1,000 USD per night, it should be perfect. And from my personal experience, the staff is more than willing to help make it so. Bottom line: I think they simply dropped the ball in our unit. I’m hopeful this feedback will encourage a more thorough reconciliation process and communication of unit details moving forward.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
18 Thank zukolivie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This is my fourth or fifth stay at Caribbean Club and yet I my experiences get better and better. Each villa is stylish and tastefully decorated so I'm continually surprised each time I walk into another beautiful unit. They're always very clean and fresh smelling with nice amenities.
The housekeeping staff is friendly and very thorough and I love when they come in for "turn down" service in the evening. They leave a generous amount of bite-size candies on the bedside table. A perfect little treat to top off my day.

Danielle, Sophia and the rest of the Caribbean Club truly tend to your every wish. Although I've always grabbed my own groceries from Fosters Food Fair across the street, I've heard CC will shop for you and stock your kitchen with anything you request.

The pool is clean, the beach chairs are in good condition with nice terry cloth coverlets.
Luca is an exceptional restaurant that offers fabulous food and an extensive wine list.
I will be back to Caribbean Club in November and again in January. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ARubins
Bergen County NJ
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My family had the pleasure of staying at the Caribbean Club for 13 wonderful days at the end of August/early September. I am so glad that we chose this property, it far exceeded all of our expectations. The location is prime - streetside and beachside. It is centrally located with a very convenient shopping center across the street including a liquor store and a large fully stocked grocery store. Many great dining options are within easy walking distance. The swimmer friendly stretch of beach that the property is located on is breathtaking. Soft, white sand, plenty of chairs, an easy entry into the gorgeous, crystal clear blue water and interesting snorkeling an easy swim in either direction make this property special. The infinity pool is located right on the beach and is an ideal setting for families with little ones who want to run between the beach, the ocean and the pool.

We stayed in unit 704 (top floor of the tower, corner unit). It was an absolutely gorgeous unit! Enormous, clean and the contemporary decor was straight out of Architectural Digest. The unit had 3 bedrooms, each with their own bathrooms, ceiling fans, flat screen TVs and DVD players, and we all enjoyed having our own space to spread out in. The kitchen was top of the line with granite countertops, a breakfast bar with stools and high end stainless appliances. It was stocked with every single thing we could possibly need to cook any type meal; there was also a coffee pot and a blender. The kitchen and living room were laid out in an open concept, and the living room had big comfortable couches, a huge flat screen TV and a separate dining table with chairs. There was a laundry room in the unit with a full size washer and dryer as well as an iron and ironing board, which was very convenient and made it easy to pack light for this long trip. There was plenty of closet space and also an in-room safe.

The view from this unit was intoxicating. We spent every single night sitting on the enormous balcony looking at the stars. This unit, being on the corner, had a smaller overhang than all of the other units so the view of the stunning night sky was totally unobstructed when we sat back in our chairs. The balcony had a large dining table and 8 chairs, another seating area with side table and ottoman and also a huge, very comfortable chaise lounger - it was large enough that me, my husband and son could all stretch out on it very comfortably.

We enjoyed several meals at the onsite restaurant, Luca, which is truly not to be missed. Excellent all around! We spent a great deal of time either relaxing at the pool or on the beach (sipping yummy drinks brought to us by the poolside waitstaff at Luca). There are plenty of pool floats and some pool/beach toys are available, which is a nice touch. We used those floats daily! The ocean is almost pool like in it's calmness and swimability, and I saw several people laying on those floats in the ocean. The hotel offers free parking in a garage with elevator access.

From the reply to my first email inquiry, I knew I had selected the right place to stay. Danielle Wolf runs a fine resort, and her staff are among the most courteous and professional we've ever encountered. Everyone was so helpful and kind, offering suggestions on activities and restaurants, making reservations, printing out confirmations and giving us directions. Never once did we hear the word no, and they were genuine in their desire to make sure we enjoyed every aspect of our vacation. Thank you to all the staff members for helping to make this trip truly special for us.

We would not hesitate to recommend the Caribbean Club to anyone. This is the place to stay on Grand Cayman's beautiful 7 Mile Beach for that perfect mix of convenience and luxury. Stop reading the reviews on this incredible resort and book your trip! It's not of matter of "if" we'd stay again, it's now a matter of "when." We can't wait to return!

7 Thank Mama2Tonys
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I spent one week there for my daughter's wedding on Aug. 18th. The accommodations are very upscale. The oceanfront view from the balcony is spectacular.
Great location for food and drinks which are right accross the street. Exceptional service from the hotel staff. Thank you Sophia ! This was the vacation of a lifetime! The beauty of this place is unmatched anywhere and so is the service. Words can not express how impressed I was with The Caribbean Club. My hat is off to you guys. Great job!

Rita Coleman

4 Thank Rita C
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 25 August 2011

From the minute I began to email with Danielle and Harmony at the Caribbean Club about our upcoming trip, I knew I was in excellent hands. Everyone at the CC prides themselves on providing impeccable customer service and we were never left wanting for anything. Groceries were already placed in our huge, top floor condo facing the infinity pool and beach, nightly turndown service provided candy bars which were coveted by our two daughters, and every excursion was booked with no effort at all from us. Our parasailing boat even picked us up on the beach right in front of the CC! It was amazing all around.

The huge balcony with its comfortable chaises and large dining table was one of our favorite places during our stay, including when we awoke to an enormous double rainbow thanks to a quick morning rainshower.

This was our family's first visit to Grand Cayman, but it certainly won't be our last. Our kids loved swimming with dolphins, exploring the sea floor in a submarine, and petting turtles at the Cayman Turtle Farm, and we still have so much more to experience. Thanks to all at the Caribbean Club for an amazing experience!

Room Tip: If you're in the tower, try to get a higher floor for the best views!
11 Thank hrppa
Jamesburg, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Their suites are the most spacious and richly appointed of any accommodations we have previously stayed in, and we travel quite frequently. Every member of their staff prides themselves on both the quality of their service and attention to detail. We loved the large balconies with the cushioned chaise lounges and breath-taking views of the ocean. Every recommendation the staff made for island activities such as fishing, visiting Stingray City, parasailing, etc. were with the best of the best of the tour providers. The onsite restaurant Luca is second to none. We hated to leave but will definitely be back.

6 Thank kromero53
Houston
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was our first visit to Grand Cayman and a special vacation for our family of four. We really wanted a nice place to stay that would give us special memories. We viewed reviews on TripAdvisor and decided that so many positive recommendations had to be telling us something! We booked for one week at Carribbean Club.

We were impressed as we arrived...We stayed in a villa that faced the beach and we have never been so spoiled...beautiful beautiful view of the beach and gorgeous water. (I walked the beach up and down 7 Mile....this is the best part of 7 Mile...) The room had everything you could want in spaciousness and quality of furnishings. Plenty of room and a separate bedroom for everyone. This feels like a home and NOT a hotel room!

Kitchen appliances were more than adequate but we didn't do too much cooking. Saved a little money by eating breakfast in most mornings along with having sandwich stuff in the fridge for quick meals. Try Luca's, Copper Falls steakhouse, Ragatzi's Italian, Guy Harvey's Restaurant for lunch/dinner and Eats Cafe and Paperman's coffeehouse for breakfast...all within walking distance except you can bus in to town for Guy Harvey's and other decent restaurant choices. Ask Krystal or Harmony at the front desk for help and advice on restaurant recommendations...they are right on!

Took out a day charter on Ezona Aquatics' "Heavenly Hooker" as recommended by Krystal too...it was the highlight of our trip! Stingray City, snorkel, fishing, etc...

For your trip to GC, splurge a little and stay at this boutique hotel...it's quiet and never feels crowded. It's luxurious and so relaxing. Even my thrifty husband had to comment.."worth every penny"!

Room Tip: All tower rooms face the beach-you can't go wrong! If you stay in a villa, request one that fac...
5 Thank DachsieGirl