Not much more to say than has already been said. If you're looking for a luxury stay on Seven Mile Beach, this is the spot. After initially reserving at the Beach Suites, we read the reviews here (and learned that resort - condos are the way to go in Cayman), and we switched. Boy were we glad.
We were traveling with our 2 year old and 4 year old. Caribbean Club was perfect. The condos are huge, beautiful, modern, and right on the pool and beach. We had two twin beds in one of the bedrooms, so the kids were able to share a room -- we didn't even use the third bedroom.
The beach is on the best stretch of SMB, and generally empty (no chair drama). There's a grocery store across the street and a restaurant/bar onsite in the event you're too lazy to acquire the ingredients to cook for yourself or fix your own drinks. And the staff was terrific -- front desk was helpful, housekeeping was great (they even helped out with our dishes in the kitchen!), and the pool/maintenance staff was always working to keep the place impeccable.
Beachcomber and Meridian also looked great (other luxury condos right next door to CC), and there are a number of other condo resorts that look nice, though not as fancy. But we walked by the Ritz, the Westin, all the other hotels along SMB, and none of them compared; they all looked totally crazy -- their beaches are packed with chairs and they all give off a pretty chaotic vibe. Not what we were looking for at all.
The only possible downside was that with such a quiet resort (it really felt like we had it almost to ourselves; frequently there was nobody else at the pool or on the beach), the kids didn't have other kids to play with. But we were happy to spend time together in the pool and on the beach, so while it might have been nice to have a few more families around, in the end, we had a great family vacation.
Would definitely recommend and return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Club is a luxury hotel offering 1-3 bedroom villas and suites located in the heart of Seven Mile Beach. Each suite has a large living room with full equipped gourmet kitchen and a beautiful balcony furnished with dining table and lounge chairs overlooking Seven Mile Beach. The oceanfront villas built directly on to the white sand of Seven Mile Beach offer wrap around patios with direct walk-out on to the beach or breathtaking views. Beach service, lunch and dinner is served by LUCA, our onsite restaurant. We will cater to your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Caribbean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Caribbean Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands