“Excellent property”

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 14 December 2011

As a tour operator with 44 years of experience, escorting media and client groups can be stressful. I and all my client group thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay here. All aspects were faultless. Comfortable and large bedrooms, friendly bar and the complimentary breaks were more than adequate. All staff were most helpful and the property is ideally located for accessing 7 mile beach and nearby restaurants. Will definitely choose this property again. No hesitation in recommending it for value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MartinAWH
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach

Reviewed 13 December 2011

This group does an amazing job with a small staff. Sitting next door to the Marriott, you can see how hard they work; hundreds of employees at Marriott vs 40ish at Comfort Suites. Every person at the hotel was friendly, helpful, and went the extra mile. Though the room was small, we were never there. If we weren't diving we were lounging by the pool or eating/drinking at the on-site poolside bar.

Breakfast was very good and always stocked and the manager made it her personal goal to make sure everything was to our liking.

I will have plenty of Marriott points for next year's visit but I will be coming back to the Comfort Suites because of the way they treated me!

Room Tip: If you are "larger" folks ask for one of the new king size rooms if they are available. Ot...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randmac
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My wife and I recently stayed @ the Comfort Suites for a few days. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there - clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The breakfast was excellent as well.

I would like to take this opportunity to compliment the general manager and his staff for providing excellent service. We accidentally left behind some souvenirs in the room after our short stay @ the property. These items are of value to both my wife and I. We were extremely worried and frustrated that this happened. Fortunately, the general manager did thorough investigation and found the items shortly. He also graciously returned the items via mail at no extra charge.

He and his staff went above and beyond in making sure our stay was a memorable one given the circumstances. Well done and thank you so much!!
Jen

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tristanlwj
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Good day and thank you for your review,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the Rum Cakes made it to you for Christmas!

Best of the season to you all, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cayman in the future.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I've been to Cayman several times on business and on leisure before but this was my first time at Comfort Suites. I usually stay at another hotel but unfortunately they were fully booked. All I can say is that if you're planning to stay at Comfort Suites, be prepared to pay hotel rates for cheap motel rooms.

1) When I opened the door to my room, the first thing that struck me was the musty stench. The room was stuffy although the air conditioner was on full blast. The carpets were dirty and the upkeep seemed dated from the 80's. The hair blower was half hanging off the wall. 2) When I pulled out a dresser compartment to put my clothes in, I was greeted with a super musty smell that reminded me of grandmother's old cabin. It was gross. I ended up leaving everything in my suitcase.
3) The bed sheets were a bit sticky, which I assume is from the mustiness. The blankets and pillows were super lumpy, and the air conditioner was noisy. There was a band playing outdoors until 1am. At 6am I heard 2 babies wailing from down the hall. The rooms don't seem to be sound proof at all.
4) The WORST disappointment of all was the beach. Seven Mile Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to and somehow Comfort Suites is situated close to the worst square of the beach possible. Their stretch of beach is narrow and is strewn with seaweed and garbage. LOTS of rusty beer cans. There is no maintenance whatsoever. The lack of maintenance makes it an injustice to Seven Mile Beach. I was so disgusted! Also, contrary to what they say on their website, they are not on the beach. They are behind a huge condominium and squished next to another hotel.
5) Lastly: The lady who was checking me in didn't seem to know how to use the computer system. The reservations manager came to help but she was rude to both of us.

If you're planning to go to Cayman, I suggest you find somewhere other than Comfort Suites. For almost the same price, I prefer to stay on the northern end of Seven Mile Beach which is far better, friendlier, and close to an amazingly beautiful and clean stretch of Seven Mile Beach.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
13  Thank JCanaccord
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear JCanaccord ?

We would like to respond to your issues as we feel they are not a fair representation of our product or standards nor are the consistent with the comments that have been psoted on the site.

1. We are surprised about your comments about musty rooms? Our rooms have been refreshed and are all in excellent condition, we have completely re done 30 of our rooms and all public areas adding a new gym, business center, lobby and breakfast room. I wonder if you’re mixing us up with the hotel that you usually stay at?.
2. All of our rooms are inspected each day and we have no musty drawers on property again perhaps you are mixing us up with your usual hotel?
3. Our bed sheets are all brand new and are part of the Choice hotel bedding standard. We have a new all white bed standard with high quality gel pillows.
4. The Beach – during your stay there was a North Wester gale. This resulted in algae being blown ashore it also deteriorated the hotels at the more remote part of seven mile beach that you refer. I have attached a shot of the beach today. All gone!
5. We do not advertise as being on the beach. We sit 50 yards from the back door to the beach down a small private path, no busy roads to cross; I have attached a photo of the path.
6. Check In - we are very proud of our local staff, we have over 200 comments on the site that mention this. All of our staff is well trained and very friendly. Perhaps you do not want to be checked in by local staff?
7. Noise and bands - all of our rooms are sound proof and we do not have bands playing at the hotel, Our restaurant closes at 11pm.

It is also puzzling that you did not bring any of these issues to our attention during your stay; we have staff that can fix or re attach a hair dryer to a wall within the hour? We wuld have been happy to try and assist you and solve this issues at the time they occured.
My name JCanaccord? is Thomas Mason the General Manager of the hotel and I would be delighted to follow up with your concerns and also invite you back to Comfort Suites where I will personally handle your reservation and assure that you have a good stay. I can be reached at 345-945-7300 or at Comfort@candw.ky Please contact me and I would be delighted to assist you and to gather more information with regards to your stay.

Yours in hospitality

Reviewed 3 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for eight consecutive nights during a recent visit to the Caymans.

This hotel is in a great location as there are lots of places within walking distance. It is located right next to Marriott and is within walking distance to several restaurants and bars.

We cannot rate this hotel any better than three stars due to the problems we encountered. Our reservations were mistakenly canceled. We were fortunate that the hotel was not very full the night we checked in. The beach umbrella would not stay in the sand. The hotel did not have a sand drill to properly secure the umbrella into the sand. The carpet in the room was dirty but they are in the process of doing some renovations. They forgot to give us their on-site coupon discounts at check in and also forgot to put the “do not disturb” sign in our room. The hotel staff was not overly friendly.

This hotel did not appear to be very full as there were only a few people at their Stinger bar and pool everyday during our stay.

This hotel does offer a complimentary breakfast buffet. The breakfast is simple; cereal, scrambled eggs, waffle, fruit, yogurt, breads, juices and coffee. We didn't feel we missed anything by sleeping in and missing breakfast as most of the food was low quality.

To take the bus into town there is a cost of 2 CI per person each way. Catch bus on the street in front of hotel. Just flag down the buses (they are actually mini buses) and are labeled with a Small WB (west bay) in a circle on the front of the bus.

Overall this is a good value for the Caymans. It is a great place to stay for budget minded tourists looking for a basic hotel (nothing fancy) in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear WorldTravellers34

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our great location and that you were happy with the value that you received with your stay, we would like to respond to some of your issues.

We are a three star property no different than any other Comfort Suites that a guest would stay in the USA. Our rates and great value reflect this. We are not a four star property and we do not pretend to be.

The vouchers and do not disturb sign are easily corrected and I personally would have been happy to deliver these to you in person during your eight night stay. We wish that you had brought this up during your stay and this would have been taken care off.

Our breakfast is off a high quality, all of the items are prepared freshly, eggs cooked to order, fresh waffles that you can make your self as well as fresh fruits that we cut and prepare daily. We have yoghurts, a selection of cereal as well baked goods that are prepared and purchased daily from a local bakery. The quality of our breakfast is no different than most of the other hotels on the island and we would like to assure you is off an excellent quality. Our breakfast room has also just been newly renoavted and we have recieved many positive comments from our regualr guests.

We also feature freshly brewed coffee shop quality coffees and fruit juice each morning.

The breakfast is included in the cost of your room. Many hotels on this island would charge up to $20.00 for this type of food and quality.

Thank you for staying with us and please contact me directly should you wish to return.

I can be reached at 345-945-7300 or at comfort@candw.ky

Yours in hospitality

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Loved staying here. The staff was very kind and helpful. Nice pool and bar. Only a few steps away from the gorgeous beach. Great snorkling right off the beach. Has Ambassador Divers on location for great scuba diving!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rob O
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My Wife and I recently spent a week at this place and quite enjoyed it. The breakfast was same as we would have at home. No gourmet breakfast, coffee, juices, milk etc. along with different cereals, yogurts, fresh fruits and waffles. The walk to the beach contrary to some other reviews is only a very short distance on a private path. If that is too far for you to walk you would be considered handicapped. The pool area is nice and the bar/restaurant Stingers is a great place to eat and a terrific value for this area. daily specials, fresh foods and friendly people working there.
The beach is not very wide but you can wade in and snorkel to the fish in seconds. There are many other snorkelling areas within walking distance. We walked to Georgetown daily and some would consider it too far but we are walkers! A wonderfull restaurant on the way to the town is the Thai Orchid. Great dinner there.
The hotel was clean and efficient with friendly staff. I would not pay thousands more for a one week stay.

Room Tip: we stayed on the second floor with no issues but a room verlooking the pool would have been better...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!