When I booked this i was actually a bit confused because I had stayed a couple of times at a Sleep Inn nearby (same chain) which has since changed its name, and I was thinking of that hotel. However I wanted to dive with Ambassador Divers which is right on the property so it made sense.
Price was not bad by GC high season standards but high by world standards for this type of chain property. Check their web site for specials; I missed one that combined some diving with the room.
Pros: Room was spacious, and big work/eat table with adequate light was much appreciated; free wireless internet worked most of the time and staff rebooted modems when necessary; only serious outage was for 8-9 hours one time during the week, mostly overnight. close to beach, can walk to supermarket, banks, stores etc.; kitchenette, lots of storage space in bathroom, breakfast included, bed very comfortable, cable reception and tv above average quality by caribbean standards; quiet. Very good dive shop on the property. Staff are very friendly. Saw some nice stuff snorkeling right off the hotel.
Cons and quibbles: No balconies, no views, no tubs (would be helpful to soak dive stuff -- sink plug did not hold water) Excessive service charge of 10% per night is particularly galling considering nobody lifted a finger to help me with my heavy diving luggage coming or going, including checking luggage while waiting for room to be ready, I had to put it in the luggage room myself, and even when checking out and paying this huge charge I had to grab one of the bellman carts and go up myself; Also $2.50 a day charge for old-fashioned in-room safe is outrageous and no longer the industry norm; Pillows really are too high (I raised my eyebrows seeing this in other reviews but it is true, bad for your neck probably.) Upper floors internet not password protected, would prefer this throughout. Connection adequate for basic stuff but don't expect to do anything that requires serious bandwidth such as music, apps or videos. Plastic pitcher would be helpful in kitchenette to make iced tea etc. Breakfast not fantastic but has some good points eg fresh fruit; could stand a bit of variety day to day. Carpeted floors -- tiles are more hygienic especially in the tropics. Key card system a bit touch and go, I kept having to get mine reset. Housekeeping not awful but not perfect either; however housekeeping staff very helpful when approached for help. Didn't much take to the restaurant on the premises, ended up eating elsewhere most of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands