Travelling with our 11 and 15 year old boys, my husband and I like to book two bedroom options if we can. We decided we didn't need a luxury hotel as it would be lost on them anyway. The Comfort Suites had good ratings as a nice, budget-friendly option, so we went for it. It was really ideal.
Immaculately clean and comfortable, what really distinguished it was the intimate feel and very friendly staff. Always courteous, they greeted us as if we were long time friends every time we passed by. Lynette at the front desk was always friendly, patient and helpful. The included breakfast was really great. Freshly scrambled eggs constantly being replenished from small batches ( so you didn't get the mush intended to last for two hours) with home fries or bacon. There was always fresh fruit and pastries delivered fresh every morning from a local bakery along with make your own waffles, cereal and yogurt. The all important coffee was freshly brewed and very good. What made breakfast such a nice start to every day was Martin, who cooked and managed the buffet. He was so friendly, personable and professional. He really went out of his way to make us feel at home. I really don't think we would have found that atmosphere at the Marriott or Westin, though they would have been a bit more upscale. While I'm used to staying at that level hotel, I really didn't miss anything.
The first night when we wanted to make dinner reservations, my husband said "why don't you just check with the concierge?". I replied that we weren't at the Marriott and Comfort Suites didn't have a concierge. Well, tell that to Lynette who graciously made our reservation, no questions asked.
While they are technically not beach front, their walkway to the beach is no farther than any beachfront hotel. Their pool is very nice, clean and a good size. Stingers, the poolside bar and grill was equally friendly and the food and drinks were both good and reasonably priced by island standards.
I have no regrets about our choice of accommodation and would highly recommend it for any family looking for nice, but not luxurious accommodations on Seven Mile Beach. The only thing I would have liked that they did not offer was a balcony, but we were right around the corner from the pool deck, so it wasn't a big deal.
The Warner family sends a big thanks to the staff and management of the Comfort Suites for such an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands