“A really enjoyable stay”

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Travelling with our 11 and 15 year old boys, my husband and I like to book two bedroom options if we can. We decided we didn't need a luxury hotel as it would be lost on them anyway. The Comfort Suites had good ratings as a nice, budget-friendly option, so we went for it. It was really ideal.

Immaculately clean and comfortable, what really distinguished it was the intimate feel and very friendly staff. Always courteous, they greeted us as if we were long time friends every time we passed by. Lynette at the front desk was always friendly, patient and helpful. The included breakfast was really great. Freshly scrambled eggs constantly being replenished from small batches ( so you didn't get the mush intended to last for two hours) with home fries or bacon. There was always fresh fruit and pastries delivered fresh every morning from a local bakery along with make your own waffles, cereal and yogurt. The all important coffee was freshly brewed and very good. What made breakfast such a nice start to every day was Martin, who cooked and managed the buffet. He was so friendly, personable and professional. He really went out of his way to make us feel at home. I really don't think we would have found that atmosphere at the Marriott or Westin, though they would have been a bit more upscale. While I'm used to staying at that level hotel, I really didn't miss anything.

The first night when we wanted to make dinner reservations, my husband said "why don't you just check with the concierge?". I replied that we weren't at the Marriott and Comfort Suites didn't have a concierge. Well, tell that to Lynette who graciously made our reservation, no questions asked.

While they are technically not beach front, their walkway to the beach is no farther than any beachfront hotel. Their pool is very nice, clean and a good size. Stingers, the poolside bar and grill was equally friendly and the food and drinks were both good and reasonably priced by island standards.

I have no regrets about our choice of accommodation and would highly recommend it for any family looking for nice, but not luxurious accommodations on Seven Mile Beach. The only thing I would have liked that they did not offer was a balcony, but we were right around the corner from the pool deck, so it wasn't a big deal.

The Warner family sends a big thanks to the staff and management of the Comfort Suites for such an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Debbie W
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear BtlBoyz

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and we are glad that the boys enjoyed themselves. I will pass on your comments to all my team, sincerely, thank you for choosing to bring your family to stay with us and perhaps we may see you all back sometime again in the future.

Thomas Mason CHA.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed at the Comfort suites at the end of June 2012, My wife and I were there for 5 days. I was worried about the stay at first, we had a "interesting" check in. We arrived at Noon, check in was not until 3:00. We were told that our romm was not ready yet and to come back in an hour, so we went out to the pool area and had lunch at Stingers, Really good food and friendly staff. At 1:15 or so went back to check in, room still not ready, no biggie, put on swim wear and went to the pool, very nice, warm water lots of Iguana's, so don't be surprised. Went back around 2:45, still not ready. At this point I was pretty tired, we had been up since 3:30 am and all I wanted to do was lay down in a bed. I actually heard what room number we had been assigned and went to see what the situation was, it wasn't ready. Finally around 3:30 our room was ready. It took a while and I understand that check in isnt till 3:00, but don't keep telling me come back in an hour, thirty minutes, ten minutes.
Other than that, we enjoyed the hotel, very nice employees, the breakfast in the AM is more than adequate to fuel up for your day. Short walk to Seven mile beach, Hopefully by the time you get there, some of the beach will have returned.
You do need to take a cab or rent a car to get into George town, I thiink it was around 10 or 12 Cayman.
Our room was a one bedroom suite, I think it had not been remolded yet, but it was clean and we never heard any noise from other rooms.
Would I stay here again,
Yes, with out any hesitation.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor so that may have helped elimate any other room noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ranger_mo_2000
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Ranger Mo 2000
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the delay with your room on arrival, we have been running close to full even in this slower period and occassionally it can be a challenge to get the rooms ready for the 3pm check in. We try and get this done as fast as we can, (hence the request to check back). The folks checking out of the rooms go back on the planes that brought you in, and they all want to stay as long as they can on our beautiful island! - we are sorry for this and assure you we do all we can to get everyone checked in as soon as we can. Thank you again for coming I will pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

There are no "cheap" places on Grand Cayman. If you don't have the budget for the Westin, Comfort Suites is your choice. I am a Cayman veteran, as I own property on Little Cayman and I often stop over on Grand for a night or two. I've stayed at Comfort Suites many times. The staff is very accommodating, the rooms are clean and spacious with a kitchenette that is enormously helpful if you are trying to save money. It's not on the beach, but the beach is a short, pleasant walk up a shaded path. (You may want to bring a foldable blanket as there are no chairs for CS guests.) The pool is in a nicely landscaped garden with a poolside bar frequented by locals (which means the prices are reasonable). I was most recently here in 2011 but the stay I will always remember was in 2008 when a hurricane was bearing down on the islands. I flew my son and I over from Little Cayman as I did not want to pass the storm in my isolated house on the smaller island. I made an online reservation which as it turns out the system should not have let me make. The hotel did not intend to accept any more guests but when we turned up in their lobby they gave us a room. They warned the guests to stock up on water and batteries, and sure enough the power went out. The staff went above and beyond to keep everyone as comfortable and safe as possible.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie M
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Julie M
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel we appreciate your feedback. We are glad that we could assist a neighbour from Little Cayman. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Having just returned from a week long stay at Grand Cayman's Comfort Suites on Seven Mile Beach, my recollection is fresh and writing this review is bringing back very pleasant memories. What's not to enjoy about Grand Cayman, an excellent island choice, particularly for Caribbean first timers. Inviting beaches, clean, friendly, English speaking, easy to get around, casual to upscale dining and snorkeling reefs close to shore and shore or boat excursion diving at its best. How to make it better . . . a stay at the Comfort Suites. Wonderful, can't say enough good things about the experience. Sweet! You'd be foolish to stay elsewhere. I stayed in a two bedroom / two bathroom suite which was perfect for my wife and I and our two 14 year old girls. Perfection was made better with the bedrooms being separated by a living room and kitchnette area. Granite counter top, a large vacation fridge, microwave, stove, oven and sink. If I needed any, they were there but with breakfast included the appliances weren't touched. A very clean and sanitary room kept so by an attentive and accommodating staff. Good AC, inviting beds, crisp linens, plenty of hangers, easy (although unnecessary) to use room safe, soft towels, clean bathroom. Front desk staff acted as if they were your best friends with each day's "Good Morning" or "How can I help you?" . . . and they did. A good pool but with the sea being a mere 75 steps down a wide, well maintained sandy path to the beach, fresh water wading was neglected. (Although I did love the fact that the depth at one end was deep enough to dive into, a rarity these days.) Ambassador Dive Shop on site transported us to the boats to dive, snorkel or take in Sting Ray City (a MUST for any visitor) and Andy's Car Rental right across the street made a day's rental so easy and economical, too. Also across the street are Coconut Joe's and Agua Beach for casual dining or The Wharf or Agua's excellent fare can be reached by taking a short evening stroll. The hotel was safe and secure and truly if there is to be a poster child for "comfort" it would have to be Grand Cayman's Comfort Suites on Seven Mile Beach. Excellent in every way especially if your hard earned dollars are to be well spent. A sweet deal on these suites.

Room Tip: There is such a wide variety of rooms from which to choose use the hotel website's room descript...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Charles R
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Charles R - Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to review the property and we are glad that you and the girls enjoyed your stay. Your comments and feedback will be reviewed with and greatly appreciated by my whole team.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We just returned from a week long girl’s trip to GC. We chose to stay here because of its cheaper price, location, and morning breakfast. This hotel EXCEEDED our expectations! When we arrived it was NICER than we imagined. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, our room was always clean, and the breakfast was great - scrambled eggs, beans/potatoes, waffles, yogurt, cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit, and more.

BEACH: BEAUTIFUL. I noticed on here some people complained that the hotel was not on the beach and you couldn't see the beach from your room. This is correct, but I didn't find this to be a big deal. It was a tiny walk - maybe 30 ft. - down a path to the beach. As for the view, who spends time in their room while in such a fabulous place? We used our room to sleep and then to shower/get ready to go out at night. Otherwise we were out enjoying all Grand Cayman has to offer. The beach here was perfect. It was never crowded and the waters were crystal clear, warm, calm, and shallow. The sand was soft although the closer you went towards George Town in the water the rockier it got. However if you stayed more towards the Marriott side it was primarily rock free. The hotel also provides beach towels so you don’t have to worry about packing any. You could get new ones every day or every hour – whatever you needed.

SNORKELING: There was lots of marine life to see right off our beach. We were amazed at how comfortable the fish were. We would be standing in the water and they would swim up and around us – and not tiny fish – 12+ inch fish at times! I would highly recommend doing a little snorkeling off the beach and getting used to your equipment before you take an ocean snorkeling excursion. There were also four or five floaties for general use anchored down about 50 ft from shore. The Marriott also had two four top floating tables with chairs.

POOL: The pool was a nice break from the salt water and offered great shade during the day. The pool is adjacent to Stingers bar/grill. Stingers had great food although the drinks were a little pricey.

AMBASSADOR DIVERS: There is also a dive shop right on property. We used them for our Stingray City tour as well as snorkeling. They were very friendly and professional. I really liked that their SC tour only took 12 people out per day rather than Red Sail who takes 100+. It was a great personalized tour and they had a photographer who took lots of pictures of everyone and made the pictures into a wonderful video/keepsake. There were also many very attractive people who worked in the dive shop which also made it a nice place to visit :)

ANDYS: Another aspect we liked was Andy's rental car was right across the street. We had heard they had great rates and they did. We rented the smallest car they had for $60 a day total. I would highly recommend renting a car and making sure to drive around the entire island.

Overall, when we return to GC we will be staying at the CS. It is a very nice place and I can assure you that if you are not happy, let them know and they will go out of their way to make things right for you. You can tell they value your business. If you notice in their thread, they comment back on pretty much EVERY review on tripadvisor.... How many hotels’ care enough to take the time to do that? If they care to comment AFTER you've paid and left, just imagine the service you'll get while you're there! DON’T STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank NLR_728
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear NLR_728

On behalf of all the team at Comfort Suites, thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our location. We appreciate you and the girls staying with us. Please let us know when you would like to return and we can set this up for you with a good rate.
Again we appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

This hotel is a "find" in Grand Cayman. Great location and a minute walk to the beach. Pool was nice, not too crowded during our stay. My husband was able to do his laps comfortably. Afternoon shade is welcoming. The Comfort Suites was an excellent choice to accomodate my family of five. (2 teenagers/tween). The breakfast buffet that is included made it all the more affordable since since eating on the island is very expensive. The staff at this hotel is excellent. Everyone was so nice and made us feel at home. From the managers (Thomas & Kaye) to the head of housekeeping, the young ladies behind the front desk to Keith and Martin in the breakfast room. I must say that Martin was phenomenal!! This guy did everything he could to make certain we were completely satisfied with this generous breakfast buffet. He's non-stop running around accomodating guests with a contagious smile. They have a very nice spread of fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, potatos, muffins, bagels, hot/cold cereal, yogurt, beverages. Couldn't ask for more. The staff compliments this hotel. Hospitality was unbelievable. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn K
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Lyn K - It was a pleasure to look after your family during your recent stay. We enjoyed meeting you all and we are glad that everyone had a good time. Your comments will be shared with the whole team. Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and best regards to your family.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We had a great time here rooms were clean and large daily breakfast was added benifit dive site on location was awesome beach was short walk pool was clean and neat hot tub was nice if you looking for good value comfort suite can't be beat

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shelly P
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dera ShellyP - Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the whole team we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#5 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!