“Pleasant Stay at the Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach while in Grand Cayman for business. I (again) had an excellent experience and the staff were quite friendly. I have been here twice with my family before this and have never had any issues with the hotel. The rooms were clean and I have no complaints - would certainly recommend this for other visitors!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bailee23
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear Bailee23

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and also that you have chosen to return again. Your feedback will be reviewed with all the team.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Starting with the name: "suites" - not even close, this was the second smallest room I have ever stayed in; "a short walk to the beach"- yes, but the nearest beach is unusable (sharp rocks); "kitchennete" - wrong again, it's just a microvave and a fridge; posted rates - yes, seem reasonable, that is until they slap a gratuity charge on your bill - suuurpriiise; and, saving the best for last, "your reservation confirmed" - you may find out it is not, just after you've purchased your non-refundable plane tickets, what a fun way to ruin a vacation

Room Tip: go to Marriott next door
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Abzats

Dear Abzats from Calgary?

Thank you for your comments with regards to my hotel. I would like to take the opportunity to respond to your concerns and also to put forward our perspective with your review concerns.
1. The beach - We offer a complimentary beach service with chairs, this is the same beach that the guest at the Marriot use. There is an artifical reef just off shore, there may be a few rocks, but it is certainly not infested with rocks. I would be happy to provide a picture of the beach to you to better illustrate this and to show any future guests.
2. Gratuity - ALL Hotels on Grand Cayman charge a 10% gratuity this is mandated by our governement. This is clearly stated at the time of booking, confirmed by email at time of booking and each guest, (you would be included) would have signed on check in, the full clarification of these charges on the registration card. We do not "slap" charges on bills. If you check your paperwork for the booking you wil find that this should be stated. I can also provide a copy of the registration card for your review which you would have signed.
3. Kitchenettes - We have a basic kitchenette that inlcudes a fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee meaker in all studio suites, which from your review, I believe you stated had booked. The 1 and 2 bedroom suites offer a full kitchen, with stove top, full fridge, micro wave, toaster, coffee maker. (We also offer a hot and cold complimentary breakfast as well) All of the rooms can be viewed on booking web sites such as www.caymancomfort.com, Expedia.com, Choicehotels.com where there is a full description of each room and also a picture that clearly shows the room set ups. Perhaps if you need a larger space you may want to look at one of the 1 or 2 bedroom suites. Please note that these rooms are upgrade rooms and do sell for a higher rate. This is the beauty of our hotel, we offer 5 suite types that are geared to a guests budget and number of persons in the room, we feel our rate and value is very good. The Marriott that you refer to recommend, would charge about $200+ above what you would have paid per night, plus gratuity with no breakfast for similar size room to our studio.
4. Contact - I worked over the complete Holiday week and would have been happy to meet with you and discuss your issues. It is to bad that you chose not to bring this to my attention when we could have followed up and tried to find a soloution.
Please contact me and I will be happy to review your booking, find out what took place and respond in detail to your concerns. I can be reached at 345-945-7300 or by email comfort@candw.ky - If we are at fault with a booking we will make it right.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

If customer service was a deciding factor, we will choose to stay here. When have you ever seen a hotelier care enough about their reviews and feedback to read them and comment?? I've been online looking at Grand Cayman hotels to decide on our trip in February and was just amazed at the hotel management response to their reviews. Keep it up Comfort Suites. More hotels should take your lead and care what their customer says....good or bad. -C. Ridgeway

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Dear Caryl R
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind comments. We appreciate this. We sincerly try and listen to our guests feedback and also to try and implement guests feedback. We completed our $2.5 million renovation this November, all of the design , layouts, changes with breakfast, the new gym, business center, beach chair service on our beach, were all driven by the feedback of our guests. My team try hard and we enjoy delivering the best posible service to all our guests. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

After booking and paying for this hotel, I became nervous because of the reviews I read. The hotel was a pleasent surprise! The hotel has been recently remodeled. The price was great compared to the hotels in the area. It is not directly on the beach but it is a two minute walk and their is no need to cross the street. It is a beautiful, swimmable beach. Not all of them are so look into this before booking your hotel. Their is a dive shop at the hotel were you can rent scuba and snorkeling gear. It was $8 to rent mask and snorkel. There is a great man made reef right there.They are extremely helpful in helping you with excursions at 1/2 the price. A good breakfast was included which is a great help on a rather expensive island. The food and drinks were also good at the poolside restaurant/bar. Drinks can be rather expensive but happy hour is 5-7. Rum punches are $4 all day long and are great. This hotel is right on busline. $2 a person C.I. from Georgtwon to the Turtle Farm- end to end.

Room Tip: We stayed in the business suite. This king room had a poolside view, a fridge, toaster, coffee make...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dberrios2
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear dberrios2 - Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
I have copied our Trip Advisor review score just to reassure you about any negative comments on our hotel. I think you would agree the score that we have, which is rated at the excellent level by Tripadvisor and which is also the same as other 7 Mile hotels such as the Marriot and Westin would indicate positive guest feedback for our property. (I believe the current score as off 21/12/12 = 4.3)

Hotel ratings (overall)
4.0/5
based on 411 Customer reviews

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

3 night stay mid December in a 1 bedroom suite on the ground floor. After two weeks of living in hotels it was great to be somewhere with a bedroom! TV in the lounge area and in the bedroom - nice. The laundry in the hotel also gratefully used by us on our first night. Breakfast was great, and we ate lunch and dinner in Stingers and found the food and drinks good there too. Found all the staff friendly and helpful, from the front desk, to Stingers to the breakfast guys. Short walk to the beach, and as noted by a prior review, not a lot of beach space at this point - we used the loungers at the pool then nicked down to the beach for a swim - worked for us. Free wi-fi always gratefully accepted. Rooms were clean, neat and comfortable.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mazzieg
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear Mazzieg from Melbourne

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed the service and quality of our hotel. I will pass on your feedback to the whole team who will be thrilled with this.
We appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

I just returned home from a trip to the Cayman Islands. From the moment I walked in the Comfort Suites, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very clean & up to date. Here is the break down.

LOCATION- Excellent! While it's not "beach front", I could literally see the beach from my room since I was on the top floor. From the back of the hotel door, the beach is literally steps away, about 50 yards down a narrow sand pathway, right next to the Marriott next door.

ROOMS- Very clean, up to date and spacious. I was really surprised at how modern the rooms looked. It's exactly as shown in the pictures. The kitchenette comes in very handy. *Ask for a room in the middle of the hotel. The wifi connection is much better. I had to switch rooms because the first room at the end had no wifi connection.

STAFF- was very friendly and helpful, especially the housekeepers and breakfast staff. I don't remember the guy's name at breakfast, but he was so polite & helpful. And the housekeepers were the BEST I've ever encountered in my life. Even when I declined turn down service, she offered me towels & took my trash through the door & asked if there was anything I needed. When we returned, she left a bag with wash clothes in front of our door because we weren't there & we had asked for them. The housekeepers are world class here and went above and beyond to accommodate me.

THE FOOD- We only tried conch fritters & calamari from the bar restaurant while we were at the beach. Both were good.

I would definitely recommend the Comfort Suites to anyone who wants to stay at a nice, clean, comfortable and convenient hotel in Grand Cayman. You can't beat this deal. It's unfair that people compare this to a 5 star hotel. If you want luxury, stay at the Ritz. I'm pretty picky & this place met my standards.

UNDECIDED? I was debating between this place and Sunshine Suites, after visiting sunshine suites while on the island, I'm glad I went with Comfort Suites. Sunshine Suites was also nice, but it's accross the street from the beach, further away from the beach & you have to cross a busy street to get to the beach. While, Comfort Suites is situated steps in front of the beach out the back door. No streets to cross.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank GorjessTraveler
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dera Gorjess Traveller

A sincere thank you for your kind review and evaluation of my hotel. All of the team will be thrilled to recieve your feedback, particularly the housekeeping team and the breakfast chef.
I wanted to let you know that we haD a brand new internet system installed on Friday (14/12/12), this has greatly improved our wifi service. We offer a complimentary basic service and also for a charge of $9.95 per day a faster high speed service that is ideal for streaming video and also if the net is required for business work. The basic service at no charge is also a big upgrade from the old system.
Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. On behalf of all the staff we wish you a safe and happy festive season.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

After a 10 year hiatus my wife and I returned to Grand Cayman for visiting friends and also several days of rest and relaxation on the beach and on the water. We wanted a central location that allowed us beach access and convenience to the Seven Mile beach attractions and services. We chose Comfort Suites for its location, their recent remodeling, and value based on comfort and services.

The property looks like it was built yesterday. Bright, clean, and ready for business. In fact when we walked in it had that new fresh aire about it that just makes you feel good.

The staff was as good as it gets. Service with a smile, attention to details, and accommodating of most any request or need, or just to have a friendly chat with. The breakfast area has fresh foods laid out early every morning. Mr. Martin was exceptional on special order omlettes and my eggs over easy. :-)

I plan to repeat our stay on our next trip.

Room Tip: We had a poolside view room (west side) and it was most quiet all the time. And it gave you that la...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael K
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear Michael K
Thank you for your review. Its great to hear some feedback on our new renovations. We are all very proud of our hotel and the team will be thrilled to share in your positive comments. I will also pass on your special mention to Martin.
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!