“Cookie Cutter Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I found this inn to be clean with a courteous staff and a good breakfast included. We arrived in the middle of Pirates week which added to the excitement of the stay. The pirates were a all over the place. The beach is small, about a one minute walk from the pool. Hats off to Marvel of the breakfast staff. Very pleasant lady. You can pay more for a place to stay and more luxurious accommodations but this provided all we needed in a good location. Area for improvement, the pool bar staff needs a personality upgrade. At least act like your happy to see customers there. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert C
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear RobertC - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I will speak with the owner of the bar with regards to your concern. Sory for any inconveniance. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Let me begin by saying that we were totally impressed with the way we were treated by the General Manager Thomas Mason and his staff. To say you are focused on customer service and to deliver on that makes it easy to write this review. My wife and I like to use the fitness facilities when we travel and this stay was no exception. We commented to a staff member that there should be wipes for cleaning the equipment, towels, foot straps for the exercise bike, and updated exercise mats for stretching, etc. This staff member reported our issues to Thomas and he immediately came to see us. We expressed our concerns and he told us what he planned on doing that day, buying a new exercise bike, keeping the towels replenished, and new mats. I wasn't totally convinced that we weren't just getting promises until the next day when we went to exercise and EVERYTHING that Thomas had promised was delivered. We were totally impressed! In addition, even though it was the weekend and Thomas was not working, he stopped by the exercise room to make sure everything was okay with us. Talk about great customer service.
This hotel also provides a continental breakfast for guests that includes the typically cereals, oat meal, waffles, etc. In addition, they provide scrambled eggs and a meat of some kind. On the first day we had eggs with bacon which were very good. When we came down for breakfast the next day, we thought we smelled bacon again, but found out it was eggs with sausage patties instead. No problem with that but we said to one of the staff kiddingly, do you have any bacon today? This staff member tells us let me see what I can do and delivers a plate of bacon to us. Wow, again, who does that is they are not customer focused.
Thank you Thomas Mason and your staff for the great experience at your Comfort Suites, Grand Cayman. Jeff & Donna N.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeff - thank you for your kind comments. We do try hard to ensure that all our guests needs and requests are met. It is nice to recieve your recognition for our efforts. Thank you again.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. At check-in our room was not ready yet, so the font desk called and found out it would be ready in 10min. The room was very large. Beds were very comfortable. Shower did not have a lot of water pressure. We went to breakfast every morning and each day they changed up the hot items on the buffet which was nice. The waffles were my favorite. Breakfast staff was so friendly and would walk around to the tables to make sure everyone was doing good (not typically seen for a free breakfast buffet). The front desk staff was by far the best staff I have ever dealt with! They helped us with different activities to do while we were there. G went above and beyond when I had a wardrobe malfunction, she stepped right in to help! Even the guys cleaning the pool in the morning said hello as we walked by. We walked down the path in the morning to see the sunrise! It was beautiful!
Overall great place to stay!

Room Tip: Even room numbers have a view of the sunrise in the morning!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Butano8627
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Bethvac570 - thank you for your kind review. I will ensure that both the breakfast chefs and the front desk will receive your kudos. The team will be thrilled to receive your praise and appreciation for their efforts.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect - located a few steps away from the beach, where the sand was beautiful and clean. The beach was a little rocky, but if you take a stroll down the beach, you'll find more a nicer place to swim. The restaurant located on the patio had reasonable quality food, nothing spectacular. The continental breakfast was well stocked as well - eggs (hard boiled or scrambled), potatoes, toasts and bagels, yogourts, fruit salad etc.

I wish the rooms had been a little cleaner - I noticed some grime in the suite I was staying in located on the cupboards of the kitchen, and on the cutlery. Also, the elevators were ridiculously slow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear RosaryLab - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we appreciate your feedback. Bit surprised to hear of the issue with grim in your room, the hotel was completly renovated last year and we have a very high level of cleanliness that our reviews would support.
We are sorry if we did not meet your expectations.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Although Grand Cayman can be an expensive place to vacation, I found this hotel to be a good value located in a desirable location. Although it lacks an upscale ambiance and is more basic in what it offers, I found my room to be clean and have the things I needed. I did find the bed to be a little saggy. There was a coffeemaker, micro wave and refrigerator. The staff was helpful and friendly. The included breakfast was sort of generic in quality, but there were several choices to pick from.

There is a restaurant/bar on the property, which I found to be good, although I only had 2 meals there. The property isn't right on the beach, but it's easy to get to by walking down a short path starting at the hotel's pool area. Beach chairs need to be replaced, but were OK. It was very nice to walk right into the water to swim or snorkel. Must say the snorkeling there isn't great, but is just OK. Lots of divers stay here, and there is a dive shop on the property. I probably would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Deanna - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy that you found our property to be excellent value. We are not a five start hotel and do not pretend to be one. We are a Comfort Suites just like in the US or Canada, we offer a great product and location at a great price, with complimentary breakfast, wifi, beach chairs on the beach only a short walk away, an on site dive shop, restaurant and small gym as well as our VIP 10% restaurant and attraction vouchers we feel that we offer great value . Again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I just got back from a week at this hotel and it could not possibly have been any better! The room was spacious, comfortable bed, good linens and towels. There is a desk to work at and the Internet was reliable. My King room on the fourth floor had a good view of the ocean (though not the beach) but I could watch the cruise ships arrive in the morning and depart at sunset. There is a fifty yard long path from the pool back to the beach, but I actually liked this because it kept the hotel from being salty and gritty like many oceanfront properties become. The hotel and room are spotless (I even caught the manager doing the "white glove" check on the elevator!) All the staff were as helpful and courteous as can be. The breakfast is first rate, with eggs and bacon and good fruit as well as the standard continental fare (and it is all included in the room rate). I appreciated that the breakfast went until 10:00 AM because it let me get in a morning snorkel on the reef next to the hotel before filling up on breakfast. Another nice point of this hotel is that it seems to attract a friendly crowd of guests! When I return, it will definitely be to the Comfort Suites! As to cost, I reserved the AARP rate and at the end of the week, my bill was exactly five cents in excess of the amount estimated when I reserved at ChoiceHotels.com, in other words, no surprise costs at all!

Room Tip: There are no beach view rooms, but there are ocean view rooms on the upper floors. The hotel is onl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rich W
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Rich W - Thank you for staying for us. Your comments and feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the whole team.
Thank you.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach from 10/25 to 10/31 this was our third stay at CS and I can say that it keeps getting better and better. Areas that have improved over this period are; staff attitude and attentiveness, thanks Guldolyn ( I know I misspelled your name sorry) ; room cleanliness; rooms have been renovated and the breakfast has changes from a cold continental with a waffle maker to a continental with eggs and a hot side of bacon or sausage.

The breakfast hosts Martin and Jermaine are very attentive and if they are in a slower moment they will make eggs and bacon to order, yum. As many of you know GC in not a cheap place and this feature alone is about $10 to $15 of value per person.

The hotel has also started putting out beach chairs on for the patrons. While their beach is small it does have a sandy entrance and nice snorkeling for a late in the day dip.

CS is the best place on the island to get a bargain price with solid three star services.

I will definitely be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Palmettostatesman - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Guadalyn will be thrilled with your feedback and I will make sure that she received your "kudos" for her efforts. We appreciate you staying with us, and we are gald that you enjoyed your vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#5 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!