“Great value, location and condition”

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Riyadh
“Great value, location and condition”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was a great spot about 20 minutes from George Town and right on the seven mile beach strip. Rooms were in great condition with minibar and fridge. Very clean premises and we had a breakfast included. Had a good breakfast selection, eggs, waffles, fruit, sausage, etc. Air conditioning was excellent, and so were the showers, sometimes too hot! It has free wifi, and workout room which I went nowhere near. Andy's rent-a-car right across the street so we took a day and had a great drive around the island. Ambassador divers is right on the premises and as a frequent diver I can definitely give them a thumbs up - most of the divers were repeats. Stingers restaurant by the pool served an amazing variety of meals for the afternoon feed. Beach was right there, and although the strip wasn't expansive like Turks, much like Antigua. Very kind reception staff. Honestly it was a really good spot.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Raggedshoes451 - thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the property and also our great location. Thank you again for taking the time to review us.
Thomas Mason CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Spent 1/17/14-1/22/14 at the Comfort Suites. Our toilet didn't work (we became friends with maintenance fast) but that was the least of my concerns. We spent Friday night at Stingers eating there with family and friends. A group of men were hanging around the bar watching tv, not eating or drinking. My friend (who is staying elsewhere) walked into the women's bathroom (at Stingers) to find one of the men snorting coke on the counter. She came back and told me. We then watched him leave. I told the bartender and cook/manager and then told the hotel manager when I went into the hotel. Hotel manager said they do not own Stingers but would look into it. Stingers manager said nothing. Then Sunday night my husband sat at the bar and watched a man sitting next to him get papers out to roll joints and then they went on the side of the hotel. He said he could smell pot. I told the hotel manager again and their response was the same. It's too bad because then I didn't feel safe with my kids there and will never go back to that hotel again. I already submitted this review and was contacted by the hotel and requested to contact them directly, but I have already given them all the information in person and would rather just leave it at that. I then received notice that my review was inappropriate and removed, I have no idea why but here is another shortened version. I don't submit reviews but felt this was important enough to submit it twice.

Stayed January 2014
9 Thank Coconutmama
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Coconutmam?- I would like to respond to your allegations and posting with concern. Comfort Suites does not, has not and will not tolerate any type of illegal activity on our property. These are series allegations and ones that we do not take lightly. They are also allegations that have series legal and financial affects. The police were called and investigated your concerns imediatly as I was notified. There were no findings of illegal activity. Please contact me 345-945-7300 or by email comfort@candw.ky. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and to also take the Time to ensure that an official complaint is made on your behalf with the relevant authorites.
Truthfully
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a month on relocation to Grand Cayman. All members of staff were welcoming and helpful. Special mention goes to Jermaine and Martin who cook and serve breakfast; they were absolutely faultless in their attention to the guests and always cheerful. The location is incredible and the facilities good (outdoor pool, beach area, small gym, onsite restaurant etc). The decor of the rooms is a little old-fashioned but that did not detract from our stay (and is not unusual for Cayman!). We stayed in a suite which had basic cooking facilities and a fridge - very useful in a place as expensive as Grand Cayman. I would highly recommend Comfort Suites for both holidaymakers and those relocating to the island.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Clarefids - Just a quick note of thanks for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and also for you choosing to stay and recomend us. The breakfast Chef's will be thrilled with your comments. Thank you again.
Minneapolis/St. Paul
Reviewed 20 January 2014

OK, it's a Comfort Suites not the Taj Mahal! Nonetheless, it's clean, comfortable, and friendly. Certainly way better than probably your vision of a freeway Comfort Suites in the US. I was down here for a conference which was held at the Westin, but just couldn't bring myself to pay the $600/night to stay there for 5 nights, so I poked around and found this hotel and have not been disappointed. I believe the Comfort Suites is a good value compared to some of the more luxe resort hotels. Very easy beach access, nice pool courtyard, and their on-site restaurant, Stinger's, is a super-friendly place that serves surprisingly good food. The room A/C units are a bit noisy and there are no balconies if that matters to you. But you have quick and easy access to their nicely-landscaped grounds.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear BachataGuy - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and the staff will be thrilled to recieve your comments. Again thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 18 January 2014

From the moment I checked in and until I left, I felt welcomed and at home. Friendly courteous staff maticulously kept grounds great breakfast every morning wow I could go on and on and on. I was sorry to leave.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear decalijm - thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we are gald that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to review us. This will be shared with all the team.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed for the second time in 12 months - staff very friendly, and rooms more than adequate. Very central location, close to beach, with nice pool and pool restaurant. The only downside is the breakfast, which is served from disposable plates/cutlery. Food good though, and prices very reasonable for Cayman standards.

Room Tip: All rooms very quiet, we were in 311 which has 2 queensize beds, and kitchenette with table & ch...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mkawhite
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear mkawhite - thank you for your kind review of our hotel and staff. The styrofoam plates are a brand standard for Choice Hotels. We have looked at getting round this, we are also a bit tight for space with our small kitchen where we serve over 300 guests a day. We plan to expand the kitchen latter in 2014. We will be looking at implementing china plates and crockery at this time. Thank you agin for choosing to stay with us.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Can't beleive I forgot to review our stay here. My mother and I made a short trip to the Cayman's for my birthday in Dec 2011. We didn't want to spend a ton on the hotel because we knew the island itself would be expensive and wanted to spend our time enjoying the island. The hotel is well located, close to george town, and accross the street for a restaurant that we enjoyed for lunch. The staff was very friendly. We were especially well taken care of during breakfast. The gentleman that ran it at the time waited on us hand and foot. Not what you expect at a comfort suite. There were loungers available for the beach which you had to pull out yourself and return after use. This could have changed since our stay. It was a minor hassle and we did not mind. The hotel is not located directly on the beach but was a very short walk past the pool. Which we did not use, the ocean was far too beautiful to waste. Overall we very much enjoyed our stay, and would not hesistate to return if headed to the Caymans again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JetSetJ21
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Jet Ski - thank you for your kind review, we appreciate your feedback. Martin and Jermaine our breakfast Chefs will be thrilled with your feedback. For the peak season we do have beach attendants that set up and take down the umbrellas and loungers for our guests on our beach. Sorry that we did not have them in place during your stay. Again thank you for stayintg with us, we appreciate this.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#1 of 1 in East End

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!