“So affordable, so clean, so close to the beach”

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Northwoods, WI
“So affordable, so clean, so close to the beach”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the past 5 years and have never been disappointed. Along a beach dotted with large and expensive resorts, the Comfort Suites is this little but clean and affordable oasis. Technically, it's not "on" the beach; a small private resort stands in between. But a short, clear path leads from the pool area to the Caribbean. The small pool area is extremely comfortable with its own little bar/restaurant and a dive shop adjacent. Across the street is "Coconut Joe's," a wonderful outdoor bar/restaurant built around a huge tree and featuring a large projection TV always showing sports. The Comfort Suites staff has always been friendly (with the rare exception that you find no matter where you stay)... not outgoing, but friendly. They have this great breakfast nook (with indoor and outdoor dining) that often serves freshly made scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage as well as waffles. Within walking distance is a strip mall, a gas station (for liquor, snacks or other provisions), and the Royal Palms beach bar. We strayed once and stayed a large nearby resort; we got no extra value for the extra dollars. The Comfort Suites is hands-down a better choice. It's family friendly and a fine place for couples needing a simple place to crash after a day of exploring beaches, restaurants and island attractions.

Room Tip: There is no "beach or ocean view." Rooms in this T-shape overlook the busy West Bay Road o...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear midwesterboy - thank you for your kind review, we appreciate your time and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thomas Mason CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

If it were not for Jermaine and Martin in the Kitchen, I would not have anything good to say about this place. These two were wonderful and they deserve much better than working in a kitchen. Their customer service is supervisor and professional!

The hotel itself was unacceptable. I have given a dirty smelly room with no tub. The staff at the desk lied and said the hotel had no tubs. After several days of complaining about the mold and smell, I escalated the complaint and finally got another room on my last day there. I got sick from the dirty room. The new room was better and guess what? It had a tub.

Many thanks to Jermaine and Martin. I hope you get positions that are worthy of you in a senior capacity because you are amazing.

To the hotel, I really hope you improve the condition of the hotel as well as your customer service. It was unacceptable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank SedonaRedRocky
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear SedonaRedRocky - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel offers a shower in all rooms. The only room types with a tub are our 2 Bedroom suites and also a limited number of business king pool view rooms (which we do not advertise as having a tub.) This is clearly highlighted on our web site and also at the time of booking. The hotel has been running at full capacity since the beginning of November. Unless a two bedroom suite is booked we do not advertise or offer tubs. I am glad to hear that we were able to accomdate your request with a change of room type which also sounds like you were upgraded?
The breakfast team will be thrilled to recieve your feedback, we appologise for not being able to offer a tub in a room catgegory that does not have one.
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The staff always had a smile on their face, there to help with whatever you needed. I was there with a group who stayed for a month and the staff would always greet us every day. I would definitely go back. Thanks for a great experience Comfort Suites!

Room Tip: One and Two Bedrooms are spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lauren B - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The team will be thrilled to recieve your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Riyadh
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was a great spot about 20 minutes from George Town and right on the seven mile beach strip. Rooms were in great condition with minibar and fridge. Very clean premises and we had a breakfast included. Had a good breakfast selection, eggs, waffles, fruit, sausage, etc. Air conditioning was excellent, and so were the showers, sometimes too hot! It has free wifi, and workout room which I went nowhere near. Andy's rent-a-car right across the street so we took a day and had a great drive around the island. Ambassador divers is right on the premises and as a frequent diver I can definitely give them a thumbs up - most of the divers were repeats. Stingers restaurant by the pool served an amazing variety of meals for the afternoon feed. Beach was right there, and although the strip wasn't expansive like Turks, much like Antigua. Very kind reception staff. Honestly it was a really good spot.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Raggedshoes451 - thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the property and also our great location. Thank you again for taking the time to review us.
Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Spent 1/17/14-1/22/14 at the Comfort Suites. Our toilet didn't work (we became friends with maintenance fast) but that was the least of my concerns. We spent Friday night at Stingers eating there with family and friends. A group of men were hanging around the bar watching tv, not eating or drinking. My friend (who is staying elsewhere) walked into the women's bathroom (at Stingers) to find one of the men snorting coke on the counter. She came back and told me. We then watched him leave. I told the bartender and cook/manager and then told the hotel manager when I went into the hotel. Hotel manager said they do not own Stingers but would look into it. Stingers manager said nothing. Then Sunday night my husband sat at the bar and watched a man sitting next to him get papers out to roll joints and then they went on the side of the hotel. He said he could smell pot. I told the hotel manager again and their response was the same. It's too bad because then I didn't feel safe with my kids there and will never go back to that hotel again. I already submitted this review and was contacted by the hotel and requested to contact them directly, but I have already given them all the information in person and would rather just leave it at that. I then received notice that my review was inappropriate and removed, I have no idea why but here is another shortened version. I don't submit reviews but felt this was important enough to submit it twice.

Stayed January 2014
9 Thank Coconutmama
Dear Coconutmam?- I would like to respond to your allegations and posting with concern. Comfort Suites does not, has not and will not tolerate any type of illegal activity on our property. These are series allegations and ones that we do not take lightly. They are also allegations that have series legal and financial affects. The police were called and investigated your concerns imediatly as I was notified. There were no findings of illegal activity. Please contact me 345-945-7300 or by email comfort@candw.ky. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and to also take the Time to ensure that an official complaint is made on your behalf with the relevant authorites.
Truthfully
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a month on relocation to Grand Cayman. All members of staff were welcoming and helpful. Special mention goes to Jermaine and Martin who cook and serve breakfast; they were absolutely faultless in their attention to the guests and always cheerful. The location is incredible and the facilities good (outdoor pool, beach area, small gym, onsite restaurant etc). The decor of the rooms is a little old-fashioned but that did not detract from our stay (and is not unusual for Cayman!). We stayed in a suite which had basic cooking facilities and a fridge - very useful in a place as expensive as Grand Cayman. I would highly recommend Comfort Suites for both holidaymakers and those relocating to the island.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Clarefids - Just a quick note of thanks for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and also for you choosing to stay and recomend us. The breakfast Chef's will be thrilled with your comments. Thank you again.
Minneapolis/St. Paul
Reviewed 20 January 2014

OK, it's a Comfort Suites not the Taj Mahal! Nonetheless, it's clean, comfortable, and friendly. Certainly way better than probably your vision of a freeway Comfort Suites in the US. I was down here for a conference which was held at the Westin, but just couldn't bring myself to pay the $600/night to stay there for 5 nights, so I poked around and found this hotel and have not been disappointed. I believe the Comfort Suites is a good value compared to some of the more luxe resort hotels. Very easy beach access, nice pool courtyard, and their on-site restaurant, Stinger's, is a super-friendly place that serves surprisingly good food. The room A/C units are a bit noisy and there are no balconies if that matters to you. But you have quick and easy access to their nicely-landscaped grounds.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear BachataGuy - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and the staff will be thrilled to recieve your comments. Again thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#1 of 1 in East End

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!