“Easy on the budget but could be better for divers.”

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Annapolis, Maryland
“Easy on the budget but could be better for divers.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

No beach views but very easy access to the beach. Beach chairs available. Practically shared beach with the Marriott next door. I would prefer having a fresh water rinse on the beach like Marriott but instead it was available by the pool which is further inside. Not a big issue really.

We are divers and there was lack of any place to rinse or dry our gear. We attempted to dry inside our suite which was a lost cause as it was rather damp even with A/C running. The room smelled as a result. Surprised that there were no balconies as this would have solved the problem. It was our mistake for not noticing prior to booking. There is a clothes line in the small bathroom, but there is no way it would dry there due to the lack of air circulation.

Free wifi was very reliable. Small computer area to print boarding passes. Also free.

Rooms were fine. Clean. Beds were comfortable. Plenty of pillows and towels. A/C worked fine. No bug problems. Bathroom light was dim. No mildew. Safety box is $100 deposit plus $2.50 per day.

Bar and restaurant was by the pool. It was fine. Nothing special.

Overall, this hotel suite is fine for the budget. My only complaint is that I wish it was more diver friendly in that it had a fresh water rinse for gear and place to hang dry. Ambassador Dive shop is conveniently located behind the hotel, but not sure if you can use their water bucket if you don't book with them.

• Stayed June 2014
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guests - thank you for your taking the time to review my hotel, we appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the value that we provided. We are not strictly a dive hotel per say, we do have the Ambassador divers on site and they are happy for visiting divers to use the water tanks to rinse gear. Ambassador also can store dive gear on request if space is available. Thank you again for staying with us.
Thomas Mason CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and the hotel was extremely welcoming. The front desk attendant Amanda was very helpful. The beach is just a few steps away and it is LOVELY. Stingers is right behind the hotel and the bartender Chinky was absolutely amazing!! Make sure you go there and ask for her or Phil. I must say they made our stay worth while. The food is great and Phil and Chinky are very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guests - thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your graduation trip, congrats to you! we appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here whilst on business for a few days, with company booking my hotel. Would I stay here again? I'd prefer not to.

It was fine, but really just a perfunctory budget hotel, budget business hotel. Nothing more. Place was full of American tourists and teenagers walking around in the beach and swim wear.

Room was fine, nothing special. Everything worked and was clean.

Poolside area was fine if you had a little relaxation time, but not really a pool you'd wish to spend all your holiday at, but then the beach is only a 2 minutes walk.

Breakfast was terrible though. Plastic cutlery, and paper/plastic bowls/plates. An incredible waste of plastic on a daily basis, ruining the environment as you throw everything used once in a bin. Plastic cutlery made you feel like you were in prison, and the food wasn't much better. Everything self service. The breakfast atmosphere was really terrible, very dispiriting. We were there the first morning then never again, we ate out in a great little cafe 2 minutes across the road.

Food by the poolside was fine, typical bar poolside food, burgers etc. Nothing fancy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank J H
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear JH - Thank you for reviewing my hotel, we appreciate your feedback. We are a Comfort Suites property similar to the USA and also in europe and our rates would refelct this, perhaps it is this value that your company thought advantages with their booking process? We offer a great hot and cold breakfast as part of the room rate. This includes eggs, a changing hot meat each day, fresh fruits, cereals, juices, oatmeal, freshly baked each day croisants and danish as well as small muffins and freshly brewed coffee and tea. We use plastic plates and utensils as part of the Choice Hotel brand standard and I would challenge anyone to find a better value with room and breakfast included on the island. My hotel also has one of the highest occupancy levels of any hotel on the island and yes you will find tourists visiting the Cayman islands along with corporate guests in most hotels. Again thank you for staying with us, please contact me directly should you wish to stay with us again and I will personally assure you that you will be taken care off. I can be reached at comfort@candw.ky or by phone at 345-945-7300.
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spotted a scurrying cockroach in my room on 3 separate occasions. I did not inform the desk after the first one since I know they can often be present in warm climates. After I spotted another 2 cockroaches on another day (it was now Thursday) I called the front desk. All the desk did was ask me when my checkout day is, which I responded with Saturday, and then they stated that they would pass a note along to the manager. There was no offer to switch rooms, no refund, no apology, and not even a follow-up call or message from the manager the following day. I would have appreciated any of these actions, or even something simple like giving me some glue traps to place them around and try to catch them. This is very poor handling off this situation! To think I spent more than $1600 to spend in a hotel room with cockroaches in it. Imagine you see a cockroach scurrying under the couch. Makes you not want to sit on it right?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Ryan S
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Ryan - thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I am concerned about your review and wished you had contacted me directly with this regards. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to the island. Please contact me directly at comfort@candw.ky or by phone at 345-945-7300 and I would be happy to follow up your concerns.
SCOTLAND
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights here. I found the hotel to be very good. The rooms are spacious and clean. Lovely crisp cotton sheets, sofa & small kitchen in the room.
I had some dealings with the manager Thomas Mason who is a Scottish gentleman....gentleman being the operative word. This guy has a lovely way with him and is so proud of his hotel.
The complimentary breakfast is more than enough to fill. The breakfast boys were wonderful.
I found the lady who takes the room numbers at breakfast to be a bit aggressive, not what you need first thing in the morning. Strange manner.
T.J at the beach is also great, where do you get someone to move your umbrella as the sun turns!!! I've never experienced that anywhere! So well done to him. I see people are saying the beach is tight and close together. It is, but I've also stayed at The Beach Suites and when it was The Hyatt and it's also close to each other. Relax and enjoy the beach which is only a few steps from your beach chair. Great deal, I will be back soon I hope. I just can't fault this place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 404351scot
Dear 404351scot - Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and visit to the island. The whole team will be thrilled with your feedback. Thank you again.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

How to have a perfect vacation? Stay at the Comfort Suites on Seven Mile Beach, and you'll have nothing to take you away from a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms are good sized, and clean, and comfortable. A delicious breakfast is included in the price, and you're just a short walk away from one of the best beaches EVER!!

Room Tip: I think any place in this hotel would be good. It's far enough away from the road, and is not n...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mary b
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Mary - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, The team will be thrilled to recieve your review.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

For comfort suites - this is by far their best. A short walk to 7 mile beach , with its own beach chair area, a very friendly staff and an amazing breakfast. Continental breakfast reigns supreme here with fresh eggs, sausage,fruit, pastries, cereal & a waffle maker! Get there early - the food does run out slowly. The rooms are nicely designed - the only downfall & reason for us not returning is due to the bed bugs that we endured during our short stay . Eventually checked out and moved to the westin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 310Lion
Dear 310 Lion - thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that your enjoyed your stay. Please contact me and I will follow up with your concerns regarding the bed, we would have taken care of this for you. I can be reached at comfort@candw.ky or by phone 345-945-7300.