My husband and I spent a weekend here in mid-May. It was an impromptu mini-vacation and our first trip to Grand Cayman. We found everything we needed at this hotel. Our room overlooked the pool area and was spacious and clean. Plenty of towels were provided too.
We found the breakfast buffet to be more than adequate. Coffee was good and there was a nice selection of breakfast items. I thought the young man taking care of the breakfast operation did a great job. All members of the front desk staff were helpful and very polite also.
The beach is less than a minute walk from the pool area and there are lounge chairs with umbrellas available, although I think during the busy season you could encounter turf wars over the chairs. At high tide the beach narrows considerably so enjoy your patch of sand while you can.
The hotel is also very convenient to a number of local restaurants and a mini-mart/gas station-all within a few minutes walk. If you want to go into Georgetown, you can wave down a bus from the street in front of the hotel.
Unfortunately the weather was not cooperating the weekend we were there. Storms were moving through which is typical for this time of year. The water was rough and churned up so snorkeling was out of the question for us. There weren't many people in the water along Seven Mile Beach at all. Also there were some problems with the pool during this time so it was also off-limits.
That said, I would return to the Comfort Suites in a heartbeat. While it doesn't offer a big, splashy resort experience (where you're often nickeled and dimed for everything), it is a good choice for vacationers who don't want to break the bank while enjoying all that Grand Cayman has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands