The only really nice thing about this hotel is that you don't have to cross the road to get to the beach. The rooms are average, size is decent.
The rooms weren't particularly clean. There were ants in the coffee maker - ants everywhere, actually - the air conditioner was dusty (moldy? I don't even know...).
Bathroom was fine. Pool was nice. Hot tub was nice.
Overall, our stay was just...okay, as far as the hotel is concerned. Fortunately, if you walk way up the beach in the direction of the Marriott, etc., you'll eventually hit really nice beaches. Seven mile beach is GORGEOUS. So if you're not going to be spending a lot of time in the hotel, it's fine, no major problems. It's just not anything special. The thing is, though, that Seven Mile has so many enjoyable activities that CS didn't have a huge negative impact on our stay. The island is beautiful. There's a small shopping center nearby and you can take a bus up to Cemetery Reef, the dolphin and turtle places, the stores/shopping center, etc. etc. Buses (minibuses, really) come all the time and cost $2 Cayman. They'll take you anywhere you want to go, just ask to be let off once you see your destination. Transportation on this half of the island is VERY convenient.
The trip was lots of fun anyway- but if I come back, to be honest, I'd probably stay at Sunshine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands