US Airways Vacation arranged this hotel for our vacation package. We have stayed at many Choice Hotel chain hotels all over the world, and this hotel met our expectation. The Seven Miles Beach is a minute's walk (about 60 yards) from the hotel. It is located right next to Marriott Hotel, and considering the location, the price is very decent. The front staff welcomed us very nicely upon our arrival. They were pleasant, friendly, and courteous. The cleaning ladies were very nice - they greeted us with a smile whenever we saw them.
We stayed in a Deluxe Studio Suite with Kitchenette - the suite has a faucet, a microwave, a coffee maker, a refrigerator, and a container for ice. The suite does not have a bath tub, but there is a shower which is big enough for any size person.
The hotel provides you with free bath towels for the beach. You need to sign a piece of paper - your name, room number, how many towels you are taking. They also let you have beach chairs.
The bus stop is conveniently located across from the hotel, and it is very nice when you want to go to downtown or go to restaurants on West Bay Road. It was very hot and humid when we were there, but we did not have to walk far at all when we wanted to take a bus (a van with a yellow or green sign designating its route) which cost CI$2 or US$2.50. The bus drivers were very kind and nice.
The Stingers Restaurant and Pool Bar is located right next to the swimming pool. We shared fried conch for an appetizer. My partner had Coconut Almond Crusted Fillet (CI$16.95), and I had a few pasta bowls (CI$6 during the Happy Hours). The prices are very decent since all other restaurants we tried charged us a lot of money. The service staff were very friendly and nice. In this island, 15% tips is included as service fees, so pay attention when you tip.
Marquee Plaza which has restaurants, cafes, an office supply store, etc. are only a few blocks away from Comfort Suits. The plaza has fast food restaurants such as Al La Kebab and Burger Shack as well as Cimboco Restaurant and Smoothie Factory. There is a gas station which is also a convenience store in the corner. Pizza Hut is right next to it.
Overall we had a great vacation in Grand Cayman Island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands