We stayed here on our last minute trip to the Caymans. This is our 3rd trip to the Caymans but our first stay at the Comfort Suites. We knew in advance they did not have their own beach but that they shared with the Marriott (where we have also stayed). It's not much of a beach (quite rocky) so do yourself a favor and either rent a car or take the bus down to either Governor's Beach, Smith Cove or Cemetery Beach which are all close and much better. The hotel has a very small pool and a crappy bar/restaurant with lousy drinks but reasonable prices given the incredible expense of the Caymans.
The property is smoke free but the lobby reeks of tobacco and cigarettes. It's there that you can find Chaz who works in the evenings and can tell you nothing (for example: Chaz, where is Welly's Cool Spot? Is it off Fort Road? to which Chaz will say, "Yes" but no, it is not). Chaz can't tell you where anything is or if anything is open. He also will not be happy if you interrupt his conversation to make a reservation at a restaurant. But I guess that's the job. The front desk will also assure you that everything is open on Sundays. I can assure you, it is not.
Included in our rate was the breakfast we'd come to think of as "Rage Waffle." There are two waffle makers. The entire hotel wants them at the same time. The directions are clearly explained in both words and pictures, but it's apparently hard to follow them. This leads to people trying to "help" others (in other words hurry them along so they can get at the waffle makers) and hence, the rage part of the "rage waffle" breakfast. There is also some yogurt, some scrambled eggs and some odd sausage (and sometimes deep fried bacon nuggets). Apparently if you are cagey you can get an omelet. But that was a level we weren't willing to go to.
Rooms: functional and reasonably clean. Plenty of mildew in bathrooms and carpet which has seen much much better days. Oddly almost no mirrors (there was one but in the pitch dark behind the bathroom door?). Very small bathroom which never dried out but the fridge and the microwave were nice to have (the microwave plate was the wrong size so microwaving a cup of milk for coffee led to a minor disaster at one point). The florescent light in the "dining" area of the suite came on only intermittently and the one next to the bed had to be slapped to show it who was boss if you wanted to read.
But here's the thing. You don't come to the Caymans to be in a hotel and lounge in your room. You come to sit on the beach and snorkel and dive and watch the sunset and eat seafood and love life. So in the end, it doesn't much matter as long as the sheets are clean, you've got some towels and once in a while you eat a nice waffle (hint: spray, pour, flip, remove when it beeps). If you want to go on a budget stay here. You want to go better, go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands