“magical”

Villas of the Galleon
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The most beautiful breathtaking views and sunsets. Lisa is a gracious hostess who treats you as family and makes your stay most pleasurable. The beach feels like your own paradise. We had a most wonderful experience and would recommend Villas highly.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank StatenIslandBosco

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Having rented condos frequently it did not even occur to us to check if it had a washer dryer, It did not. But Lisa said she would do our laundry for free. The intro information could offer much more. A map would help . We had trouble locating the unit . Days later we found out from the cleaning crew that we could ask for a scheduled time instead of always being surprised. We stumbled on the outdoor beach shower by accident shortly before we left . Their was a race starting at 6 am to claim a beach umbrella. The property is located in the middle of seven mile beach a great location. With upscale hotels either side their are sports and restaurants aplenty . No pool meant small babies but no kids splashing and making noise at night . All in all a wonderful place

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed at the Villas of the Galleon in April. Since we had our wedding here, we had about 30 guests staying at the villas as well. Lisa was a pleasure to work with for booking and gave us a good group rate. The villas are very clean, well maintained, and very low-key. The villas come equipped with everything you need. We were able to keep our entire group together at the villas and cook out quite a few nights. The beach is beautiful and peaceful. The villas are between the Ritz and the Westin. Both of these resorts have busy beaches, but the beach at the villas was very large and open. Not too many people. The grocery store is close by and eats cafe is right across the road (Great menu and food prices at eats) There is not a pool, but the ocean is crystal clear, calm, and shallow enough for swimming pretty far out. I will stay here any time I come to Grand Cayman!!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Excellent location on Seven Mile Beach & West Bay Area plenty of shops, Bars and restaurants. The apartment is like home everything you could ever want. The view is amazing from the apartment and the beach is immaculate very clean and loungers and beach towels supplied to residents, the apartment is cleaned top to bottom everyday all the staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I know lots of people say that they usually don't write reviews, but I honestly have only written 3 before this and they weren't very long or detailed. I depend heavily on reviews when I'm deciding on something so I wanted to write a review with all of the info that I would like to know about a vacation rental when choosing. I just had to write about VOG! My husband and I stayed at the Westin on our first visit to Grand Cayman and decided to try a vacation rental for our second trip. After TONS of online research, I decided on a 2nd floor condo at VOG. First, LOCATION: Its right between the Westin and the Ritz, so you have the freedom of a rental while still being able to walk to a hotel to go to the bar, swimming pool, restaurants, etc. Its also located in a central location on Seven Mile Beach and is close to grocery stores, restaurants, etc. Second, BEACH: VOG has its own beautiful stretch of beach access with chairs and umbrellas for guests. We loved that there were always chairs available no matter what time of day and its very quiet which is not at all effected by the Ritz or Westin guests, it has a very private feel. The sand under the water at the beach is soft and theres no coral, etc. like many of the other places that I came across. Third, the office manager and staff are very friendly and are there to help with anything you ask of them. They have charcoal grills at the office which they will bring to your condo if you want to cook out. But beware, our condo owner told us that we could grill on our 2nd floor patio however, management saw us grilling and it turns out it isn't allowed on the 2nd floor patios, so keep that in mind. Since most of the condos at VOG are individually owned, I would recommend looking at multiple condos because each of them have their own style, furniture, bedding, etc. Also, be sure to look at condos on all 3 floors so that you can see what type of view they have as well as privacy if thats of importance. If you can't tell, I highly recommend VOG! We will be staying here for years to come!

Room Tip: We originally wanted a room that was beach front and on the ground floor. However, I'm so glad w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

A great bargain compared to the places we have stayed. I think the office could be cleaned up a little bit and maybe a phone call to ask how you are doing.... but overall.. the price is great.. the location is the best.. and I love the small property. We have friends that go every year.. We can see why.. lovely

Room Tip: get a ground level.. sneak back in to get a beverage..
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Bookended by the monstrosities named the Ritz and the Westin, these apartment style beachhouses provide a welcome juxtaposition to expanding corporate blight along seven mile beach. Located right on the Caribbean sea, Villas of the Galleon offers convenience along with breathtaking views of the sunset. The rooms are clean, the beds are excellent and the price is right! All of the rooms I have rented come with a full kitchen, and Foster's grocery store is within walking distance. They provide charcoal hibatchi's (charcoal not inc.). Grilling in front of the the most beautiful beach in the world is basically my idea of a dream vacation, so you can see why I speak so highly of this place. But there are also plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Copper Falls is an amazing steakhouse, and the top rated trip advisor restaurant Sunshine Grill is right across the street.

Perfect for families and couples. Not a place for the collegiate spring break crowd.

I got married on the beach in front of the villas. It is a cherished memory. I would hate to see this oasis replaced yet another high-rise hotel. SUPPORT VILLAS OF THE GALLEON!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple