“Great location and value”

and 1 more site!
The Anchorage Condominiums
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Great location and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

After staying at the Christopher Columbus next door, we choose to stay at the Anchorage as The Christopher Columbus raised their fees. It was a great choice. The Anchorage condo was plush, roomy, clean, recently decorated with current furniture, etc. The kitchen was stocked with needed dinnerware/dishware/silverware. The screened in porch was our favorite spot when resting out of the sun. Of course location is priceless. This is the most beautiful section of 7 mile beach! The beach is NEVER crowded and you don't rent beach chairs!! We loved the hammock! This year the mosiquitos were awful. At sunset and later you have to run from them....Also, the island landscape companies are now using very loud blowers which were AWFUL...two unfortunate changes we've observed this time around :(

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cswbkw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
memphis, tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

our stay at the anchorage was awesome.we stayed here for an entire week in july. everything was perfect, from the staff to the unit itself. we stayed in #14 and had the most amazing view. the unit was well decorated, stocked, and very clean! if we ever go back, i will most definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank memphisbelle_10
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed at the Anchorage from 2 - 12 May 2011 and really enjoyed the entire experience. We stayed in the gardenview condo and felt like it had everything we needed and was very comfortable. I agree with what someone else suggested and that is to see what all the condo has before going to the grocery store. Ours already had some spices, coffee, coffee filters and we also left dry pasta and some other grocery items for the next goup. We thought the Manager Judy was a super helpful, very nice lady, also Amanda the houskeeper always had a smile on her face and she was just really a special person. We thought that for us it was a good location, we liked renting a car because it gave us so much freedom to go wherever we wanted. Our main prioity was snorkeling and we did it every day and look forward to coming back next year and finding more places to snorkel. We will definately stay here again, this time with a ocean view. If anyone reads this and stays at the Anchorage, tell Amanda and Judy hi from Tina and Mark.

Room Tip: Pleas make sure to ask for anything you need because they will try very hard to make your visit perf...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank frenchies_10
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Staying at The Anchorage was the highlight of our trip to Grand Cayman. Great location, great beach and ocean entry, extremely clean and well managed. We stayed in Unit #11 - great view, nicely decorated and well equipped. We enjoyed talking with Patrick, the grounds keeper - he alerted us to the sea turtle activity in the area(!) and it was obvious that he takes great care of the outdoor areas - very clean and well maintained.

No more than half the units were booked during the week we were there. We never had a problem using a cabana when we wanted one but I can see where it might be a problem when more fully booked - a consideration if your stay is during the busy season. There is road noise (not unique to The Anchorage - unfortunately, you experience it anywhere along Seven Mile Beach). We highly recommend a white noise machine for nighttime - we always travel with one.

There are grills available poolside - do wish they had been gas instead of charcoal. We decided by the time we purchased all we would need for a burger meal plus charcoal at Cayman prices, it wouldn't be worth it. It was wonderful that beach towels were supplied and we were able to exchange them several times during the week! We also borrowed floats and noodles from the office. Housekeeping/maid service was excellent and unobtrusive.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank LoveBandBs_8
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

I travelled to the Caymans as a child and have fond memories of the time I spent there. I recently went back on my honeymoon, the first trip I have made as an adult. I have to say the island is more beautiful than I remember.

We were referred to the Anchorage from friends that stayed there in the past and are so happy that they let us in on their little secret. The rooms are wonderful. They are bright and clean, decorated beautifully. The staff is great, Judi in particular is amazing. Anything we needed she was eager to help with.

As I was reading some other comments, I was surprised to read OH's but I did get a chuckle out of it. I imagined a wave coming and eating the beach in front of the Anchorage while leaving the neighboring sands undisturbed. Well I can assure you that no angry waves have devoured the beach at the Anchorage. As you can see in my pictures, the sand is white, the water is blue, and we found a piece of paradise.

I was able to use a cabana anytime I wanted. I can't stay in the sun for extended periods of time so I was in the shade more than I was in the sun. Normally I would worry about hogging it but the other cabanas were empty the entire time we were there. While I enjoyed the view and a book, my wife grabbed a float and hit the water. The beach was not crowded at all. There were some people enjoying a walk but definitely no oppressive foot traffic that you may see at a large resort. The other guests had plenty of room to spread out and grab a slice of sand. One guy was turning his chair throughout the day like a rotisserie chicken, ah the memories!

So would we recommend the Anchorage to friends? Let me put it this way. My wife and I have lived most of our lives in Florida. We currently live 30 minutes from the beach. We can go anytime we want. We are counting the days until we touchdown again in Cayman. When we do, the Anchorage will be waiting.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JnMHope
Ferndale, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

I am in the middle of my third stay at The Anchorage and once again am loving it. The condos are always clean, well-decorated and have every amenity you would ever need. They are affordable and in a great location. The staff is helpful and present if you need something. And I love that there is coin laundry available by the office.

Though the beach has washed away and is smaller than my previous two visits to The Anchorage, that won't keep me from visiting next time. I can't do much about Mother Nature's plans and all of the rest of the advantages of staying here make it worth it. Even though it's currently a bit smaller than usual, it is quiet, gorgeous and there is always lots of room around the pool and the cabanas.

There are plenty of lounge chairs and space and there is even a grill for visitor use which is nice. The pool and deck area always are clean and kept up nicely.

Though you need a car to get to many places on the island, it is great that you can walk to a few places, like Tiki Beach for lunch and other places if you are a real walker.

I won't ever stay anywhere else in the Caymans.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ksbDetroit
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I am very surprised that ohio did not enjoy thier stay because i have stayed at the anchorage every year,the last time was November 2010 and found this to be the best hotel for the money-the beach is wonderful,and the adjacent property (beach) allows for lots of room to spread out -you would be hard pressed to find a better value for the dollar with the condos very nicely appointed ,and the staff is wonderful-i would reccomend it over and over -and will be going back this year !!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo