We have stayed at The Anchorage many times, but this is the first time we've stayed in #16. What a delightful haven from the hustle and bustle of Grand Cayman. The unit is decorated very tastefully and comfortably. The kitchen is well-stocked with everything one might need. The bathrooms are beautiful. The master bathroom is spacious and has a full tub/shower as well as a shower. There is ample closet space, and the master bedroom is very comfortable. This unit has a washer and dryer in it as well, making it very convenient to bring a smaller suitcase and then return home with clean clothes.
The best part about unit 16 is that it is located at The Anchorage! The management and housekeeping staff are all very friendly and attentive. We are part of the family when we're staying there, and even if we aren't staying there. We have friends on the island and sometimes stay with them, but we always stop in to say hi to our friends at The Anchorage. It feels great to be greeted with hugs and inquiries about our kids, even when we aren't staying there.
I should also mention that the location of The Anchorage is on one of the most beautiful spots along Seven Mile Beach. If you want to lie shoulder to shoulder with several hundred other people in a confined space, this is not the place for you. The Anchorage only has 15 units (no unit #13), so it's quiet and uncrowded. It's the perfect place for couples of for families. You can swim, snorkel, walk, read, or take a nap and not be disturbed, except by perhaps an iguana scampering across your path on the sidewalk. This is the perfect spot to be at the end of the day for something of a national sport: sunset watching. We like to make frozen daiquiris in our kitchen and bring them down to the beach to see what Mother Nature has planned for us each night of our visits to The Anchorage.
Since condos are the way to go on Grand Cayman (food in restaurants for a week will cost a fortune), you can't go wrong with this wonderful home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3 story condo complex is located on Seven Mile Beach. It is a small complex - 15 condos. The Anchorage is known for having one of the most fabulous beaches on Seven Mile Beach - Cayman Islands. Beach front condos are 2 bedroom, 2 bath and den or 3 bedroom condos. The Garden A and Garden B condos have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. All condos have central A/C, free wireless internet, cable TV, ceiling fans and a complete kitchen. All condos have either a screened balcony or patio. Amenities: Fresh water pool, beach cabanas, beach umbrellas, plenty of beach furniture for all to enjoy, outdoor shower, barbecue grills, tennis court and daily maid service everyday except Sundays and some public holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Anchorage Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage Condominiums Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- The Anchorage Condominiums Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands