“Best Place on Seven Mile Beach!”
Review of Harbour Heights

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seven Mile Beach
Harbour Heights
Reviewed 5 March 2011

My family (kids' age 10 & 11) stayed at Harbour Heights #6 in January and had a fantastic time! This was our 2nd trip as a family. We loved the fact that the beach is literally steps away from the condo. We were comfortable letting the kids explore the beach while we were on the balcony as we could see them since you are so close and the area is so safe..Their beach is beautiful, no rocky areas which exist at some other condos. It was great having the kitchen amenities so we could "eat in" which provided a cost savings.The condo offered everything we needed..even fun Carribean music to put us in the island mood. We also appreciated the information booklet listing activities and contact info for excursions like Sting Ray City, St. Pedro's Castle, restaurants and fun shopping locations with local artwork and gift items. We felt the condo was very roomy and decorated in a fun Carribean theme..We can't wait until our next trip to paradise at Harbour Heights!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Harbour Heights

Reviewed 5 December 2010

After much research, my husband and I chose Harbour Heights on the northern end of Seven Mile Beach. We had looked into various hotels along 7 mile including the most well known Westin (we peeked and it was my favorite out of all three if you go that route), Ritz, and Marriott. Then, as I dug around further I found the VRBO web site and started to find listings of many condos that were on seven mile. Some of these condos were more within our price range and seemed to fit our trip a little better this time around because they had a kitchen and plenty of space. We had stayed in condos before and although some may not have all the fancy extras some of the hotels have (pool bar for example), we have found they can be more laid back, spacious and have a feeling of being at home.

After looking at pics from several Harbour Heights units, talking to an owner, pricing things out, and talking with the property manager Missy, we decided this was the place for us. For some reason it just felt right. I must admit I was still a little nervous at first because there was not much written on HH, but we were not disappointed and very happy with our stay.

It felt like we were at our home away from home. When we got there Missy the manager, was in the office and she immediately knew who I was and had our room ready with a chilled bottle of wine to boot! Her dogs greeted me in the office as if they were my own too. We were also introduced to Bud (Missy's husband) who manages the property too. You can tell both love their job and I'm pretty sure they have been at HH for a while now and take lots of pride in "their" condos.

The unit itself was a two bedroom, split into two levels. Downstairs was a kitchen and living/ dining room area with the patio that looked right out to the water and pool (as far as I could tell every unit has an ocean view...no garden views here). Upstairs were two bedrooms and two baths. The master overlooked the ocean as well. The entire unit had lots of space and plenty of storage (dressers, closets, etc). We felt kind of funny having an entire extra bedroom, but this would be great for traveling with friends or family. The kitchen was also a big plus. We found early on (and had heard from message boards) that Cayman food prices were a little higher (about 20%) than what we were used to. We went to the grocery store (about a mile away...we walked it and it wasn't too bad even carrying bottles of juice and soda, but you could also take a bus or cab easily from the property). We used the kitchen daily to make breakfast and/or lunch. By saving here, we were able to not worry so much about dinners out.

From looking at the pictures I found online each unit is decorated differently with furniture and accessories suiting the owner's taste. Our unit had everything in good condition and it was beachy themed throughout. We had two TVs (master and living room) complete with DVD players. The unit also had high speed internet. We were happy to have this because it helped us in looking up places and activities on the island. Be sure to bring a cable though (not wireless). The most important thing was our unit was clean! I am very picky about this and we had no problems with bathrooms, kitchens, bedsheets and other things not feeling clean. The maid service definitely does a good job in this department. In fact, I loved the little touch of having a personal foot pan to get extra sand off of your feet right out next to the door of our unit.

The beach was only steps away. Our unit was one of the closest, but none are what I would consider far at all. HH has a few little huts set up with beach lounges under them. They are nice, but honestly we wound up under a giant pine and palm (plenty of shade of this beach if you want it) most of the week or we pushed our chairs out a little and got some rays. It was fantastic being so close because a few steps and you were back in for lunch.

The beach was calm and quiet. Next to HH is Public Beach which I must say I had concerns about at first. Everyone I talked to said it was no big deal, but having not been there myself I still worried. I wasn't sure who would be hanging out there or what influence that would have on the beach at our property. Not even a problem! The beach is to the right and although it got crowded on a day when 5 cruise ships were in port (the main people who are there), we didn't have to worry about it. Some cruisers walked by (as do other people throughout the day just casually taking beach walks), but they pretty much stayed over at the public beach (where Calico Jacks beach bar and all the rental chairs are) and although if you looked down, past the trees, to the right you could see them, we barely even heard them. It was still like having your own little piece of beach, quiet, calm, and gorgeous water. We found having the public beach there was actually kind of nice for us. The little beach bar was a nice little walk down for a drink and then we could return to our own little patch of quiet beach after. If you have kids, over at the public beach is an inflatable play area too which would be a fun little day activity if you chose. By 4 pm each day most everyone was gone and heading back to their ships too. Public beach was not at all a problem for noise or crowds bothering us on our stretch of beach.

On our section of beach, the sand itself was beautiful soft and white and the water couldn't be beat. You could see right to your feet, watch a few little fishes go by, and there was no seaweed (something that can ruin a beach for me) or rocks to deal with.
Behind the beach is a big grassy area where the pool sits. The pool was nice and went from 3ft-8ft. I personally thought it was bigger in real life than what it appeared in the picture. It was kept clean and warm (it is heated which was nice this time of year in Nov. when it gets a little cooler after the sun goes down). By the pool is also a ping pong table, bathrooms, and a patio area all enclosed in a screened porch. Tables and lounges surround the pool as well.

As far as the general location (I found it hard to judge on maps before arriving) Harbour is located on the northern side of seven mile beach and was about a mile walk down to where the Westin and other things were. We had not rented a car until the last two days (at that point we wanted to drive all over the island), so we found until then that we could walk to some things (Eats Cafe, Sunshine Grill, grocery store were a few we visited), but we also wound up taking the bus $5 US for both of us one way out to dinner some nights. It was definitely helpful to have the car, but not 100% necessary for the entire trip if you don't mind a nice little stroll now and then. Neptune's was the closest restaurant directly across the street. Juices, sodas and liquors were also available in HH little office store.

All in all, a great experience with Harbour Heights. I would stay there again. In fact I found out that they also offer some 3 and 4 bedroom units upon talking to Missy when checking out. Missy was very helpful throughout the whole trip and she assured me when I first spoke with her I would just love HH and the Caymans. I have to say she was right. It is a friendly property (including employees and other residents) that makes you feel at home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank blackberry26kt
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I'm not sure why a previous reviewer mentioned an issue with guests. When my wife and I got married we booked several units in Harbour Heights for friends and family. The day before our wedding we hosted a large lunch-time party on the beach with friends and family. We spoke to the management about it in advance and asked people to park on the road since parking at the complex is limited. That aside, everyone was super friendly including on-site security and residents of other condo units.

While everyone has a right to speak their mind, I always wonder about people who complain about poor treatment. Were they causing trouble, horseplaying in the pool or otherwise disturbing the quiet and tranquil atmosphere of Harbour Heights? I can think of no other reason why an owner would even notice (or recognize) someone as a guest let alone complain. This is a great small condo complex and one of the best deals for a 2br/2ba beachfront condo on seven mile beach.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank smushie
Reviewed 5 August 2008

My dream would be to live at the Harbour Heights apartments. Gorgeous grounds, fabulous apartment layouts, cold a/c, and right on the beach. The groundskeepers even sweep the beach sand every morning for you! The pool is a great place to swim at night; and the clubhouse has paperbacks for you to read.

• Stayed: June 2003, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Texas_panda
Reviewed 4 November 2006

Our 6th time at Harbour Heights and the first time being there at Easter. The added bonus this week was meeting several of the owners. We had an amazing time feasting and partying with this group.

I have always been reluctant to make any statements on any forums about staying at Harbour Heights to preserve it's exclusivity and improve my chances of booking the condo we want (ground floor 20 steps to the powdery beach please).

I had to offer this response to the previous post from "Mobile" not only because he unfairly labled the owners as being rude but because I was there at the same time and witnessed his group's "animal house" behavior.

They came with a group of 40. The majority of which were teenagers on senior class celebration. The adults in the group permitted the kids to drink (underage) and did not control the kids behavior.

Harbour Heights is the best kept secret on Seven Mile beach. I look forward to my next vacation there in December 2006 and the next and the next......nuff said.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
9  Thank Fishdude
A TripAdvisor Member
Mobile
Reviewed 21 April 2006

I rented a condo at Harbour Heights and had problems. About 10% of the owners at this condominium complex do not want visitors. Very, very rude. It's sad because it really is a beautiful facility and most are very friendly. Unfortunately, the 10% can really spoil the trip. I am 51 years old and have never been YELLED at in this manner! They have security guards who witnessed the confrontations and I checked with them every time. They apologized for the owners and agreed with me, but did nothing! Unless you plan on reading a book by yourself, find another place!!!!

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member