“Awesome Diving Experience”

Cayman Turtle Divers
Ranked #3 of 29 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Cayman Turtle Divers where we offer the best in Cayman Islands Diving and of course, the most FUN trips you can imagine! At Cayman Turtle divers, we provide a personalized dive experience with our dedicated and knowledgeable crew. At a maximum of only 6 divers, you won't ever feel crowded! Our staff is happy to provide a full valet service, from setting up your gear to washing it and packing it for you, and our resident marine biologist is always eager to fill you in all what all the little critters are doing on your dives. So who's ready to come join the fun?!
Miami, FL
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Diving Experience”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We visited Grand Cayman for our annual 2-week dive vacation. This was our fifth consecutive year visiting Grand Cayman so we were pretty familiar with the awesome diving this island has to offer. We saw the great reviews Cayman Turtle Divers had been receiving so we decided to give them a try. In a nut shell, we had a fantastic diving experience and would give top marks to Chris and Stuey. In fact, they showed us such a good time that we decided to get our Advanced Open Water certification with them. They were knowledgeable, professional, extremely pleasant and easy going, and a pleasure to dive with.

The boat was spacious and comfortable and we never felt rushed. They were very flexible in choosing dive sites to visit since, having visited before, we had a few favorites that we wanted to re-visit. They knew all of the dive sites extensively as well as the marine life and topography associated with each one. They made us feel very relaxed and comfortable and that's what you're truly looking for when scuba diving. We dove every other day during our two week visit and also did two night dives. All in all we had a BLAST with these two guys.

One of the many highlights of the trip was scuba diving in Stingray City. Stuey started off with his pre-dive briefing using Fluffy the stingray and set the tone for a fun-filled dive where we all played and fed the stingrays.

Chris is an expert lionfish hunter and we enjoyed marveling at his hunting skills while on the wall dives. He even fed a moray eel one of the speared fish and it was a treat to watch.

Chris and Stuey are excellent dive masters and were funny, friendly and very hospitable. I would definitely recommend diving with them again and look forward to next year's dive vacation with Cayman Turtle Divers. And of course, thanks to them, we are now all ceritified Advanced Open Water divers.

Kudos to a great dive operation!

Houston, Texas
“Great Experience! A "MUST-DO" in Grand Cayman!”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Whether you're an experienced diver or a beginner, Cayman Turtle Divers has all that you need to have a fabulous diving adventure! This was my first experience and I did a Discovery Dive. Chris and Stu thoroughly instructed me on how to safely dive and use the equipment. By the time I went in, I felt like a natural! I liked it so much that I did another dive the next day. I'm going to get Certified so I can come back and explore again. This is a great time for the whole family. We will definitely be back!

League City, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“First Class”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

If your a diver who appreciates being treated like a VIP then Cayman Turtles is for you. My wife and I had a fantastic dive experience for each of the three days of diving with them. Professional, courteous, knowledgeable. They will make your dive one to always to remember. Thanks for the memories!!!!
Demos and Crystal

Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Locals who have "Boat" dived here for over 20 years...”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

After I read the previous review, I thought it only appropriate to complete the story as my son and I were on the boat with Mr. and Mrs. 85+ minutes of bottom time. As a current registered and a 19 year veteran PADI Divemaster, this was a first for me. After my son and I completed our first 45 minute dive, we patiently waited for the last 2 divers to surface. After 40 minutes longer, Mr. and Mrs. 85+ surfaced and boarded the boat with big smiles and stories of lots of marine life pictures...should have known I was in trouble when they pulled on full hoods for 83F water. Then, I over heard Chris discussing the mutliple computers the couple were diving of which one was in "deco". After some discussion, it was determined they were not diving the bent computer, so Chris carefully and respectfully allowed them for a second dive. So after a healthy 60 minute or so surface interval, the second dive was a repeat of the first...my son and I surfaced after 45 minutes and another 85+ minutes of bottom time for the Master Diving fully hooded wet suited couple. If it weren't for the fact that we had now been on the boat for over 41/2 hours, I would have been amazed at how long these two could stretch a dive!

Obviously, Mr, and Mrs. 85+ must be excellent shore divers, but have a lot to learn about boat diving and respect for other more experienced divers - recommend they stick to shore diving or charter the boat next time!

All in all, Chris and Stu (both Dive Instructors) handled this difficult situation as carefully and respectfully as possible. Despite the extended time on the boat, they made the afternoon enjoyable and safe! We will definitely continue to dive with Cayman Turtle Divers!

1 Thank BushmasterBill
Wimington, DE
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Outstanding Experience !! Beyond Professional”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Chris and Stuey are simply the best. If you want to try diving for the first time, Cayman Turtle Divers is the ONLY choice. They prepared us all (even if some of us didn't have the courage). They were spectacularly understanding, patient and professional.

You can't go wrong with Cayman Turtle Divers. The experience is also VERY reasonably priced for the equipment and experience. They worked really hard, they kept us informed and safe. Mostly, they showed us a great time! Remember to TIP... they deserve every penny.