“A very good restaurant on the more affordable end”
Review of Cimboco

Cimboco
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A very good restaurant on the more affordable end”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you are looking for a meal to write home about, then Cimboco is not for you, but if you are looking to eat a tasty meal on Seven Mile Beach without going bankrupt, then go to Cimboco! We've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner there, and I think it's best for breakfast and lunch. Good sandwiches, salads, and pastas, and some really good desserts. The spinach salad is especially good. We especially liked the chocolate pecan pie. Entrees are OK. Roughly $15 CI/person for breakfast and lunch, and twice that for dinner, without alcohol.

The place is named for the first motorized vessel to be built in and operated from the Caymans. The Cimboco was a mail boat that provided the islands with their first regular and frequent mail/passenger contact with Jamaica. The restaurant is decorated with pictures of the ship, and pictures of Cayman life in the 1920s-40s, the heyday of the Cimboco.

• Visited August 2014

Charlottesville, Virginia
“We've eaten here many times and I am obsessed with the spinach salad”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is one of the "affordable" eating options in Grand Cayman and we've eaten here many times. My son likes their white fish sandwich. My husband and I liked the fish in banana leaf. The desserts are good (the pecan pie especially). And their breakfasts are amazing (I love the cinnamon pound cake). But the thing they make that I am longing for even right this minute is their spinach and mixed greens salad with tropical fruit and citrus cilantro dressing. I think I had it 3 times in one week I love it so much. Good food with good service.

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“Excellent! Do not miss!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This unassuming restaurant is one of the best on the island. We ordered many different things from here, and each meal was better than the last. The price is right, the drinks are FANTASTIC, and the food is just out of this world. The service is equally marvelous, I cannot recommend Cimboco enough.

Visited July 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Caribbean kitchen”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Food is excellent and reasonably priced. Servers are friendly. $5 breakfast during the week - you can't beat that. A must try place.

Visited July 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Very good for quick, simple, fresh meal”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the freshness and quality of the food at Cimboco. We went here because there was an hour wait at our restaurant of choice. We were seated immediately. One of our adult children wanted quesadillas but was very disappointed that they were out. However, they offered to make the quesadilla using pizza dough - she loved it and would order it again that way. I had fresh snapper wrapped in a banana leaf. It was a large portion, very moist and delicious. We will return to Cimboco.

• Visited July 2014