“A great casual meal”

Duke's Seafood and Rib Shack
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Duke’s is a tribute to Cayman’s abundant Seafood and Beach BBQ culture. Duke’s provides an authentic culinary accompaniment to Cayman’s endless summer – the freshest seafood everyday straight from our local fisherman and the island’s best smoky, tender, BBQ ribs. Refresh yourself with one of our exotic cocktails or the beer from our island’s microbrewery. Duke’s is the place to satisfy the craving that comes with sun, surf, and sand in Cayman.Family friendly and always fun!!Cheers
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Went there for a quick bite with my travel companion. We weren't really hungry so just ordered a bunch of appetizers - the crab cakes were way above average - moist and flavourful, the maui ribs were sweet and delicious, the garlic bread with cheese was hot and tasty (I could have used a little more garlic, but I know that's not for everyone), and the french fries were really, really fresh and good.

They make their own ginger beer here, so the "Dark and Stormy" cocktail, made with Big Black Dick Rum and their ginger beer definitely had a bite to it.

Service was fantastic, and one of the owners was very present, making sure that everyone was happy.

The location, while across the road from Seven Mile beach, isn't scenic, but the garden outdoors is a good place to sit. I was kind of annoyed by mosquitoes while there, so spray repellant before you go, if they tend to go for you!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

The food at Duke's is pretty good. I've gotten steaks, crab and a few other things from there and I must say I liked it and would go back. The only thing that bothered me a lot were the mosquitos at night, so if you're looking to go - early evening would be the best time that I would recommend.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Although the menu offers great variety, I chose a delicious dinner of fish and chips-one of my favorite treats! My husband had yummy shrimp. Four of us praised our different choices. Overnight, our guest realized he had lost his money clip (which was of sentimental value to him) somewhere the night before. Upon visiting Duke's the next morning on our way to the airport, the office did indeed have his money clip complete with his money! The overnight staff had found it and turned it in. So, Duke's has earned our appetites and our trust. And, it was DNS Diving (our favorite dive operation) that had recommended we have dinner at Duke's.

1  Thank Schillingch
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Don't let the location put you off. It's towards the top end of SMB and set on the opposite side of the road to the beach so so sea views. However, the food and service is excellent. Fantastic seafood and my husband's burger was the best he has had.

Only negative, bugs come out to play at dusk. We were given bug spray but ended up moving to inside table to escape them.

Great cocktails too! Well, it was my birthday!

1  Thank JWardley
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Great food, service and atmosphere! Would recommend to anyone! You can sit outside and enjoy the scenery, it's open late, and the food is served quickly! Very yummy!!

1  Thank Divechick_13