Usually my husband and I try to seek out accommodations that give us a more local experience when we travel, but this time I decided that in celebration of our 10th anniversary I'd book us at the Ritz. I'm so glad I did! I cannot say enough about the service and how much I loved staying there. We had a resort view room (I passed on the ocean view because I thought it might be too loud & busy). Truthfully when I first walked into my room, I wasn't that impressed because it looked similar to another hotel I'd stayed at very recently. However over time I realized that the experience was less about the room and more about the service and other experiences the Ritz has to offer.
We ate lunch at Silver Palm the first day, breakfast at 7 two of the mornings, and of course lunch at Bar Jack while lying on the beach. All of the food was incredible, in particular that amazing buffet breakfast at 7. My hubby is still talking about all of the fresh fruit juice offerings. The staff members are very attentive and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and your needs are met. The grounds are beautiful and I felt like I was in a movie every moment I was there. One evening they had to cut the water off for two hours (I don't remember why), so housekeeping had a bath waiting for me (specifically for the Mrs) when we arrived back from the beach. On our last night, they decorated our room with rose petals and it was beautiful. I almost did not stay here because I read a few mediocre reviews that made me wonder if it was overrated. I'm so glad I went with my gut because this was the best vacation Husband and I have had in a very long time.
Now let me just say that we are young thirty-somethings and if you're looking for night life or a party, you won't find it here. There were maybe a handful of other young couples, mostly there with small children, but most of the other guests were much older than us. I was very happy about that because we are not partying people, which is another reason I chose this location. In any case, I loved it. I truly cannot imagine returning to the Caymans and staying any place else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands