“Heaven with a twist”

The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed at the ritz carlton march 2011 one word STUNNING.....The hotel is amazing the staff cannot do enough for you attentive without being intrusive....a truly 5 star experience on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world....Would highly recommend as especially as it was the second half of my holiday...the first week i spent in New York....THE MOST AWESOME BREAK!!!

Room Tip: go out of season....lots of american tourists with children quieter out of season....sorry
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,131)

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Antoinette and I spend seven memorable days at this fantastic hotel. The accomodations and sevice was ultimum. The beach sand and warm carabean aquamarine water made you want to stay in all day. The restaurants at the Ritz are amazing and the food presentation equally so. The
Grand Caymen was a perfect and relaxed vacation. Great restaurants tru out the island. Pack you luggage and go.

Gino and Antoinette Ruotolo

Room Tip: Up grade youself. You deserve it.
2  Thank G1920
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

My wife had a very unique and challenging problem with her dress, with only about 18 hours to go before needing to know if the problem was fixable or not. Leslie helped us first by calling all around town and getting some leads for potential help in the morning. Early the next day, Monefer began calling around and gave the dress to the staff to get it fixed. Then, Reece actually worked some miracle and was able to solve the problem. It saved us at least a half-day of shopping - probably more. We got to see Sting Ray City instead. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the staff at the Ritz.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank calbear12
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and I just returned from a long 4 day weekend at the Ritz celebrating our 10 year anniversary. We did get upgraded to an Oceanfront suite that was incredible! I would have been disappointed if we were in the normal section of the Hotel because it is actually on the other side of the street from the beach. They try to disguise the fact that you are walking over a skybridge to get to the beach from the hotel lobby, but if you are in the main section of the hotel you have to walk about a mile to get to the beach. This hotel is just too spread out. We had great service at the beach for the most part, but I was always feeling like they had their hands out waiting for a tip lingering. I understand that they appreciate tips, but I don't like carrying my wallet to the beach with me and thinking that I have to tip someone everytime they open a door for me. The prices are high in Grand Cayman, but they are even higher at the Ritz, so bad that you almost feel like they are trying to take advantage of you.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the only way to go. It never hurts to ask for an upgrade!
5  Thank Markonewton
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We just returned from a 4 day get away at the Ritz-Grand Cayman and can't say enough about the beautiful beach, staff, and hotel, especially the Club Lounge staff and it's amenities.

We were accompanied to the club lounge immediately to check-in and offered refreshments during the process. Shortly thereafter we were told our room was ready. When we arrived at our door, room service was still cleaning our room. The club concierge couldn't apologize enough and offered us lunch at any of the hotel's restaurants while we waited. We declined, so she insisted we take a cabana on the beach (stocked with snacks and drinks) for any day during our stay. They even brought a bottle of wine and a fruit plate to the cabana complements of the club staff for our inconvenience. We had never complained and in fact told them the incident was no big deal. Shortly after we arrived back at our room, the maid delivered a beautiful bouquet of flowers with their apologies. We have stayed at many upscale hotels throughout the Carribean, Mexico, and the USA , but never experienced this level of service.

The Club Lounge offers laptop computers, a well-stocked continental breakfast, lunch snacks with soft drinks, wine, and beer, dinner hors d' oeuvres with soft drinks, wine, and beer, and evening sweets with cordials. We even overheard the staff offer a couple of children french fries which were not offered at lunch. We don't have big appetites, so we rarely ate at restaurants during our stay. The food was very good and the club concierge were very friendly and extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Club Lounge well worth the extra money
3  Thank casbar
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Just returned from a 3 day stay at the Ritz, Grand Cayman. After reading many positive reviews, I have to say I was disappointed. My Oceanfront room was small and very outdated, not too mention that it had a musty smell. My one dinner at a Ritz restaurant (Periwinkle) was not very good at all. I signed up for the Club Lounge and was not impressed at all. The food lacked variety, in fact it was the same every day. The Club Lounge itself was a depressing room with little to no outdoor seating, no view, low ceiling and just plain not welcoming at all. The Club Lounge staff...when you could find them....were just okay. The beach is amazing and the pool very nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DiniToronto
Reviewed 1 May 2012

From the moment of stepping into the lobby of this beautiful hotel, to the "Good Mornings" each day from every single one of the staff members, to the most amazing massage I've ever had (at the Silver Rain spa), everything was absolutely perfect! This was my first time at a Ritz Carlton and I certainly hope not the last. I was down with my husband for an industry conference, but still treated like royalty. I've always known this line of hotel to be a bit more than others on the $$$$ signs, but I must tell you it is worth it. The pampering, smiles, good attitudes (and sometimes singing in the halls by the staff) was above and beyond and thoroughly appreciated. I cannot say enough good things about the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman...even the food, drinks and cleanliness at the pool exceeded expectations. Thank you to the management and staff (especially Tammy who gave me my deep tissue massage on 4/22) - from a very happy guest! :-)

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the courtyard, which was still wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Sunshine Suites Resort
Sunshine Suites Resort
#6 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!