The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
View Hotel
Caribbean Club(Seven Mile Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
3,209 results
All reviewsbar jackthe ritzclub levelbeach sideresort viewgrand caymanocean frontsushi restauranttasting menusteam roomresort feefour seasonsfront rowrum punchpaddle boardsfitness centerbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We honeymooned here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We stayed on the Ocean side, and our view each morning truly looked like a postcard. I am still in awe by that view. We had both stayed in a Ritz prior to this trip (one in New Orleans post-Katrina, and one in Orange County), but this one was truly top notch. The service was everything that I would have hoped for and expected. We looked at Trip Advisor the year before when we were thinking about getting married here, and kept seeing comments about the “long walk” between the ocean side and the other side. Those comments are ridiculous. That walk didn’t seem long at all. It couldn’t have taken more than 2 or 3 minutes, if that.

The sushi restaurant in the hotel was excellent, and the spa was second to none. We both wish we had spent more time in the spa, since several of the basic services there (e.g. gym, sauna, etc.) were free of charge.

The beach was outstanding. Thankfully, we were there when the hotel seemed to be under capacity, so we had no issues getting chairs on the front row. There are tons of cool floating chairs out in the water, so we enjoyed having drinks in the sea. The food at the beach grill was excellent, and it was cool to have drinks and quesadillas delivered to us on the beach.

I am torn between the Ritz and Caribbean Club (since I think they are both top notch places to stay). I think you can’t go wrong with either property depending on the purpose of your trip, who you are traveling with, and the type of vacation you want to have.

Room Tip: Ocean side is a must for the view alone
1  Thank Worldwideballer
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We just got back from a week in Grand Cayman, staying at the Ritz Carlton. While a very nice and large property with excellent service, it was still missing the "bang" we were hoping for. The room was just a room, nothing out of the ordinary, and of course the pricing for drinks and food was expensive and also lacked the "bang" for the money spent. Taking exception to that was Seven Prime steak house. We had an excellent dinner there, with exceptional service and the truffle mac and cheese was to die for! We had to order another!
I will have to say, that the service at the Ritz is fantastic and for that it scores high with us because in most hotels, it's the service that is lacking so it may make up for some of the expensive prices.
Also fabulous, seven mile beach. It is truly spectacular, with white, soft sand, great snorkling with clear, calm water. We have been to a number of islands and this one is nice, but not my favorite. :)

Room Tip: Eat dinner in the Seven Prime Steak House and order plenty of the truffle mac -n- cheese!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine0330
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The service is simply the best. You will not see an employee that doesn't greet you or ask if you need anything. The food and drinks are pricey, but you can almost forget that fact because of the friendly staff pampering you! Your resort fee covers most things, like snorkel gear, wifi, gym and some spa amenities. Loved the stay and the people!

Room Tip: Really depends on how much you are comfortable spending, but the ocean view rooms get you much closer to the beach. The garden view rooms are about a 300 yard walk through the hotel to get to the beach.
2  Thank sgerdesii
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Did five nights at the Ritz Carlton.

We used Marriott points, so the room was "cheap", but nothing else was. However, this is not surprising at the Ritz. With a pregnant wife, we did room service breakfast one day ($58 for oatmeal, a waffle, cereal, juice, and soda) and dinner ($70 for a sandwich, salad, and drinks). As bad as that is, it probably is not all that surprising.

Food at the pool or beach was "typical" for a beach resort with decent sandwiches and drinks. I did not have much alcohol, but a few sodas and lunch was $50-$60.

We had dinner at Periwinkles our first night in, and we were very underwhelmed. Blah pizza and OK pasta. Other dishes might have been better. We did not go to either of the nice restaurants, but they do get good reviews.

There is a $45 resort fee, but it includes internet for multiple devices and valet parking (we rented a car).

As a Marriott Platinum member, was given an ocean side room rather than the resort side room I booked with points. This was a big deal, especially with a pregnant person who does not want a 15 minute walk to the pool/ocean. I spoke with a guest relations person before arriving, mentioned that it was a babymoon with a pregnant wife, and she said she would do everything she could to get us on the ocean side.

We had a large room on the second floor with a view of the pool and really could not see the ocean, so it wasn't a great room (other than being large), but it was much better than the resort side. I would have paid to upgrade to the ocean side had they not done it themselves.

The beach can get crowded. There are five or six rows of beach chairs with canopies, and if you are not on the front row, you are looking at the back of chairs, not the ocean. I'm not the type to get up early to stake our chairs, but we were able to get the front row at around 10am or 11am, but we were at the end of the row rather than the middle of the beach.

The ocean side pool is nice, and not horribly crowded. We were able to get under a big umbrella when arriving at 10:30am.

I can be cheap, and I like getting snacks, sodas, and such at a grocery store (especially handy with a picky eating wife), and there is a store a few blocks from the Ritz (rental car came in handy). We had a small fridge in the room in addition to the mini-bar, so we had sodas and milk in there.

There is a low-end resort called Sunshine Suites about a block from the Ritz, and they have a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called The Sunshine Grill. It is actually quite good and substantially cheaper than anything at the RC. Very casual, but the food was tasty, and we walked down there twice for dinner. The fish tacos are worth the walk.

Played the 9-hole golf course, and the first three holes are brutal. Long holes playing into the wind. Golf is pricey (and probably not worth it) for normal rates ($150 for 9 holes or $225 for 18 holes). However, the twi-light rate after 2:00pm is $125, and you can play as much as you want. The course was empty, and I finished 9 holes in about 70 minutes, so did another 9 holes in about the same time. I could have finished another 9 before the sun went down.

Overall, I thought the Ritz was OK, but not oh-my-goodness-spectacular. Certainly not the nicest Ritz you will stay at. My wife, however, gave it a more positive endorsement than me. There are lots of families and lots of people, so it is not the quiet, isolated beach vacation that I would normally like. However, the direct 2.5 hour flight from Houston is nice.

If the beach at the Marriott is as nice as the beach at the Ritz, and if the Marriott is as nice as a good beach Marriott (like the Ko'Olina), I could have found as nice a room at the Marriott for fewer points than the Ritz. However, if the Marriott GC is not as the Ko'Olina or if the beach is not as nice at the Marriott, then the Ritz would be the way to go.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ocean side if at all possible.
3  Thank HoustonConsultant
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel is really quite over-the-top. It's large but the staff make you feel like you're having a great personal experience. The location is incredible and they have a lot of water sports at your fingertips. Because of its size, it can get quite busy. The restaurants are also very good.

Room Tip: Ocean side is def best!
1  Thank Gibtrotter