“Loved this hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at this wonderful hotel for a conference and really learned alot about what makes this hotel so great. Everyone that served us couldn't have been more helpful. The saying or mission statement was "It was my pleasure to serve you". It didn't feel like this was something that the staff was forced to say...more like it WAS their pleasure to serve us. I was extremely satisfied with the facilities for the conference. The pool service and pool butlers couldn't have been more helpful. When I got home to my pool, I wanted someone to come and make up my chair and make me a pillow just like at the Ritz!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank drwicker
Write a ReviewReviews (3,160)

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman gave attention to every detail and then some. The welcome Rum punch set the tone for a relaxing stay. Fab beach with attendants sprinting to and from the bar with the best of service. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CyaCiao
Reviewed 2 November 2012

a warning to all travellers to this hotel please lock up your valuables. I was there for business in August 2012 and had a valuable piece of jewellery taken from my room. The hotel staff thoroughly checked all my belongs and searched the room but the item was never found. Only 3 members of staff had access to my room. The hotels response was to imply i never had it with me in the first place even though i showed them evidence that i did. To add insult to injury i was told by the head of security to be happy that at least i was safe. The police were no help either.
So beware travellers if you value your belongings make sure you keep them in the safe.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
11  Thank Colette C
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton for 10 days in October, 2012 and were extremely satisfied. The staff knew we were in Grand Cayman for our Wedding and they decorated our room with rose petals when we arrived and on the night of our Wedding. On the beach, the staff was very attentive and remembered our names during our stay. The beach is fabulous and dining choices were too. The Pina Colada at Bar Jack is incredible. The choices of water activities made it simple to enjoy the water; snorkeling was great!

We enjoyed a cabana dinner with great food and even better service. After watching a great sunset, the rains came and the relocated us to shelter and held umbrellas over us as we walked. It was an experience that was worth every penny and we'll never forget it.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms make the experience even more enjoyable. The garden rooms are across the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed 28 October 2012

That’s exactly how I felt as I entered the Spa at the Ritz Carlton in Georgetown Grand Cayman. It was if I had walked into a 1980’s discothèque; the illuminated glass floor and wall panels took me straight back to the 80’s.

As ever, when looking for safety in booking a hotel, The Ritz Carlton brand can be relied upon.

This is my first visit to Cayman in more than ten years and a lot has changed. There are plenty of hotels to choose from the majority of which are all now on the beach. It was a little confusing though because as I arrived the driver turned into a driveway that was opposite the beach. It quickly became apparent that the hotel had a bridge (the bridge itself is difficult to detect as it has been created into a corridor) across the main road to the bedrooms and beach!

In common with other Ritz Carlton properties around the globe the level of service is exquisite and the staff exceptional. Access to Seven Mile beach and the poolside is simply a question of taking the elevator to the 1st floor and walking outside!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank must_tell_u
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I took a romantic vacation here in August 2010. The room was lovely and the view superb. The resort is quite large however, and a good deal of the personal attention I've come to expect at a Ritz was lost. I'm not a spoiled traveler, but when paying top dollar I do expect excellent service.

The pros:
The beach is amazing, and the hotel does a nice job of keeping it up and secluding it as much as possible for the guests of the resort. I did love the floating cabanas just a tiny way out into the ocean. Having a cocktail on a floating cabana is a real treat! Also, the service on the beach was the best in the whole place. The beach cabanas are worth the rental for the day. The ocean is amazing and grand cayman is a gorgeous place to visit. They also had great information on local excursions and activities available.

The cons:
The food was quite marginal and reminded me of a kids menu. It was mostly overly Americanized fare like fries, burgers, quesadillas, etc. I also found it a bit annoying that after paying so much for our stay many of the things I've experienced at other hotels as a matter of course are 'extras' here.
; like the beach cabanas. There were also times I felt the staff could have been more responsive inside the hotel. For example, check-in took forever, and they were missing much of our information which we provided upon reservation.

Overall, a good hotel with some very nice features, if I hadn't been paying so much I would give it a rave review, but for a Ritz, and with that price tag, I expected better.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ETurley
Reviewed 22 October 2012

After much back and forth we decided to book a Blue Tip suite (non oceanfront) for our 1 week stay as we were moving next door to the Coral Stone for a 2-week 1st floor beachfront stay after the Ritz. For the price point we gained a separate bed for our 3-yr olds and Club Lounge versus the cost for Hotel-room oceanfront. Well, on arrival we were upgraded to a 1B suite in the Residence area oceanside.

We loved the full kitchen and huge separate living room with sofa bed for the kids. Because the balcony was way off to the side we never used it. We had no real view to speak of but didnt care because location was great. After being on the beach side I know now I would book that side. We had a back door to the beach down the corridor allowing easy access for our kids. We rented a beachfront cabana right at oceans edge a few times and it was effortless to pop back to the room.

The Bar Jack nachos were the best ever. The staff are super super nice across the entire resort and would be the reason for our return. Food at steakhouse and blu was good. Kids loved the smoothies (ask for fresh fruit only) which I think were either free or discounted. Ask to split drinks and food-they are very accommodating. I didn't want kids to have so much sugar so always split the smoothies. The kids meals were pretty much free even when they were with a nanny. If you want to take your kids to the kids club to play with you they will allow that outside of kids club activities for no charge. a big plus to get out of the sun and kids club had tons of toys and fun stuff.

Spent a lot of time in the Silver Palms lounge. Loved it- lots of interesting people. Viewed residence club 2-3 bedrooms for a month next year but couldn't find anything we liked under $20k per month (July-Aug)Only annoyance was the incentive groups that came in. We just took a big bag zip cooler down the beach a few yards filled with ice and beer and had complete serenity from the 3-day incentive-heavy drinking- cigar smoking- annoying people. It would not deter me from staying again.

Would book a 1B suite next year for 3 weeks instead of moving. There is no other hotel to stay on GC. Staff really made our trip special. Tips; if you have room take a few kids beach toys because they were no free 'buckets and spades' as I thought ( you can also buy for $20), bring a large zippered cooler bag to take to waters edge with your ice and drinks, go to grocery and wine store down the street or have a shopping service deliver any beer, wine, snacks, etc,. for your entire stay at one time, bring a round swimways floatie, go to the nearby restaurants and bars if youhave time like Luca. Club Lounge was great but would not do it next time. Mostly didn't feel like dressing up to get appetizers and just ok wine. But staff and all offerings were very good. Loved the feeling of luxury and pampering this resort offered.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sunshine Suites Resort
Sunshine Suites Resort
#6 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!