Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman is a large resort catering to conferences, weddings, large groups etc. It is not the place to go if you're looking for a quiet, intimate beach vacation. Overall, we had a good stay however the impact the the large crowds had on service, left me feeling this hotel is not equipped to function at the Ritz level when nearing capacity. We did a lot of waiting around during our stay....wait in line at check-in....wait 20 min to be seated at breakfast....wait another 30 minutes in the the omelette line (they have 1 guy making omelettes for 100s of people at breakfast)...wait for treadmill at gym...wait for shower in the spa (they only have 3).
Beach: Beach is gorgeous, really beautiful, warm waters. However be prepared for the large crowds again. You have to get there early (before 10 am) to get a lounge chair in the front row . Otherwise your day at the beach is spent looking at the back of up to 5/6 rows of canopies and not the ocean. We spent 4+ hours on the beach every day and during that time typically once someone would stop by to ask about food/refreshments. Getting the attention of staff is quite difficult again as they are incredibly busy managing the large crowds.
Breakfast buffet: This was the biggest disappointment especially at >$40 per person. As I previously mentioned, there was never a good time to show up. We tried to vary our times during the breakfast window to see if we could avoid the long lines but no such luck. Selection is very mediocre. Service at breakfast needs serious improvement. If you want eggs, expect to wait at least 45 minutes before you sit down to eat. All this time waiting in lines, I noticed that dishes would take a very long time to replenish. I felt really sorry for the guy making the omelettes getting stressed as the lines kept getting longer. He was constantly running out of ingredients. At one point, he had to leave the station and go in the back to get refills. Why is no one helping this guy? Dishes would literally sit empty every day until a guest brought this to someone's attention. The last few days we ate breakfast at Periwinkle where the lines were at least shorter than Blue.
Bar Jack/Beach bar: Menu consistent of typical beach/pool side items (burgers, sandwiches, tacos, salad). Food was quite good - however again expect to wait a loooooooong time to get it.
Rooms: We had a garden view room. It was fine..large, clean...a little dated. Unless you have an ocean-side room, expect to walk about 10-15 minutes to get to the beach.
Internet: The $45 daily resort fee includes internet for multiple devices. It worked great even on the beach.
Gym: Gym is fully-equipped with a variety of equipment but quite busy every day. Couple of treadmills were out of service, others with touch-screens not calibrated properly, leaving again a wait for the functioning ones.
Service: Service was good and professional. Everyone was very polite. Beach side setup service was always prompt. Concierge was very helpful in making dinner reservations for us every day. Overall, I would say service is no where close to the levels I've experienced at Four Seasons and other luxury resorts. It's good but impersonal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, West Indies, Booking.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands