Fantastic!! There were 4 of us, husband, wife, 2 teenagers. The kids loved it here!
Beach-yes, there are a lot of chairs and we never got one in the "front" row. But we never headed out to the beach before noon anyway and 90%of the time we were in the beautiful water. We lounged on the hotel provided rafts and water hammocks. So fun and relaxing!
The staff is exceptional! Especially Jason at the front desk and Daisy our housekeeping gal. Daisy told me I needed to hide under the bed on our last day so I could stay longer (obviously joking). She recommended restaurants in town to us and our room was consistently spotless!
Our room ( blue tip suite) was huge. We used Marriott points which is how we got such a great room. It was the best with teenagers who aren't always pleasant to each other. It really helped having separate sleeping areas. Lots of room for 4 to stretch out. Yes, it was on the lagoon side but our view was still beautiful. We didn't mind the trek to the beach since we needed exercise after eating so heavily (typical of us on vacation) but it was maybe a 5 minute walk. And we were in the farthest corner of the hotel, room 575.
We only ate at BarJack a couple of times and although the prices were high, we expected it. We also ate at Periwinkle upon our arrival the first night at 9pm. The staff called to make sure they stayed open for us. Again, pricey but served its purpose.
All in all, I do not have a single complaint about this property. My review is short(ish) because I would just be repeating all of great things the previous posters wrote. As long as you realize that the Ritz Carlton is a high end resort, add that to the already expensive Grand Cayman, you will be spending quite a bit of money but it is well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands