“Felt like royalty!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Traded Marriott points for a 5-night stay at this wonderful location. We were upgraded due to my reward member status and enjoyed a nice view of the resort view. Our room was spacious and well appointed. The $50 a day resort fee was well used as we went snorkeling several times a day as well as using the kayaks, sailboats, and the brand new zayaks. Tyler and Meghan were very helpful at the water sports booths.
Guest services, especially Mauricio, were terrific. Every need was anticipated and met with a smile. Guest services surprised my daughter with a delicious cake on her birthday. A great vacation for me and my family! Thank you.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,090)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed for a long weekend around Labor Day. While the suite we stayed in was across the street from the beach, we didn't mind the walk through the hotel's art gallery to get to the beach. The occupancy is fairly low this time of year, so the service was outstanding!

Food:
We had breakfast at Seven twice, lunch poolside all but one day, drinks at the pool bar in the late afternoons, and ate dinner once at Seven, and our last night in the hotel bar. Food was excellent and staff was very attentive. Grand Cayman is VERY expensive, so be prepared for that before you go. (I travel the Caribbean frequently so I am aware of the cost of things, but this being my first trip to Grand Cayman...I was shocked at how much more everything is there!)

Salon:
While we did not use the spa, my daughter did get a wonderful haircut at the salon. Staff was very friendly.

Fitness:
My daughter and I both used the fitness center in the hotel. It's small and quiet, but suited our needs perfectly.

Pool:
There are (2) pools at this resort. The "main" pool by the bar [on the oceanside], and pool on the "other side". The pool on the "other side", just downstairs from the hotel lobby, was DESSERTED. Perfect for some relaxation. I imagine it gets busy during high season, but it was like my own private pool during our stay! The main pool is nice, and again I imagine can get pretty busy during high season. We preferred the main pool since we could walk down to the ocean, eat lunch, and get drinks poolside.

I got what I payed for/expected from a Ritz property. I'd definitely return for a relaxing weekend away!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Just got back from a 4 night stay. This hotel was amazing, the staff was super attendant, and extremely nice! This hotel is very expensive, but the pool and beach areas make this such a nice hotel, plus all the amenities (which you pay for in resort fee, $50.00 per day) are very nice. Just remember that there is a 20% surcharge automatically applied for any food/liqueur service ordered, so tipping is optional. There are also some very nice restaurants within walking distance from the hotel which are much cheaper then the restaurants in the hotel. But if you do decide to eat at he hotel, just expect to pay!! It's not cheap!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee P
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Just returned from a 7 day stay at the Ritz Carlton and to be honest it was not worth the money!!! We were expecting so much more from a 5 star hotel! Don't get me wrong, the service and staff was amazing, but the price of the room and food was insane! The room we stayed in was a standard room (resort view), If I am not mistaken it was $400 a night plus resort fees, tourisim fees and other taxes, all said and done a $400 a night room ended up costing almost $550.00 a night. to me that is crazy for a room with 2 queen beds and a view of the pool. If it was a ocean view maybe I can see it. I have stayed at hotels where we had ocean front suites and paid about the same price. The price for food and alcohol was beyond crazy!! I have no problem spending money on food and drinks if its worth it. The food was good, but not that good for the money we spent! We ate at Seven our second not there,we were 4 adults and 2 kids,(kids eat free under 5) we ordered 3 apps, dinner for 4 people my husband and I each had one drink. The total was $600.00!!! To me that is CRAZY!!!! I would have understood if we all drank or ordered a bottle of wine. A glass of wine was almost $20. Trust me we are far from cheep!! If something is worth it I have no problem spending money, but the food was just ok. We asked around if there were any good restaurants outside the hotel to eat at and were very happy to find out that some were just walking distance. The best place we ate at was Luca. The food was out of this world!!! It was half the price of Seven. Regardless we did have a great time, I just wish I had done more reserch before we booked this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank tripofalifetime0908
Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you are in search of the paradise on earth - here is the place- Cayman Islands and the best place to stay there is Ritz Carlton. Before we went there we knew that this is the pricey hotel, but after experiencing their service, we understood why it is considered one of the best hotel chain in the world. Service is unbelievable - you are instantly feel totally relax, since you do not have to worry anything. Need towels on the beach? as soon as you start looking around for one, someone already on the way to help you. Any reasonable request is handled very professionally and with smile. They remember your name and preferences and makes you feel very exclusive.
Yes, it is expensive. On top of the list price you pay extra $50 resort fee, tax and service charge, so you add about 30% extra a day to the room price. But in this place you realized - you get what you pay for, and in this place it is totally worth it.

Room Tip: Explore the island. There are very good restaurants outside of the resorts. Try Aqua and Edoardos.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 days and we were completely satisfied. Housekeeping came twice, water and ice service at your door daily, all inclusive water sports...and the service, the service was top notch! Thanks to Jason (Front Desk) for the complimentary wine. You're awesome! If you want to just stay and relax in your room, they offer a wide selection of free DVDs for your viewing pleasure. The staff talks to you, doesn't matter what their role is. They're very helpful and attend to your needs. Had a very wonderful stay and will definitely come back to this resort again! :)

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel is well worth the money. From the time you arrive, you are surrounded by the hospitality of the employees. As we arrived in our taxi, each doorman greeted my husband and I by name and took our bags. upon entering the pristine hotel, we were offered complimentary Rum punches and cookies while we waited in line to check in. Although there were several couples in line, Leroy was there to keep us company and help the time fly by. After we checked in, we were personally walked up to room where our bags were waiting for us. The hotel has been recently remodeled so the room are lovely. we had a garden view room,but the view was just as nice as the ocean view. Couple things to know about the hotel. Its located on both sides of the street with a connecting bridge. Pros for having a garden view, you're on the same side as the front desk( easy access to taxis), and most of the restaurants in the hotel. The ocean view rooms are located across the bridge on the other side of the street making it a bit of a trip from the front desk. Maybe the only Con i have for the garden view is having to walk across the bridge to get to the ocean. one other detail about the room, even though it was beautifully decorated if you are a light sleeper like myself, the walls are a bit thin. our room was by the ice machine and i heard every time someone decided to get some ice. When we arrived we decided to have lunch at Bar jack. I must say the crock pot chicken tacos were the best chicken tacos i ever tasted!!! The next morning we ate breakfast at Seven and it was a bit ordinary but the view from the table made it worth it.we also had drinks at the bar and room service for our final breakfast. the bar is a bit overpriced ($25 for a Bellini) and the room service was top class. All in all this hotel was an excellent experience that i would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunshine Suites Resort
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Compass Point Dive Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!