“Treated like royalty!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Livonia, Michigan
“Treated like royalty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you are made to feel like a special guest. Many of the staff called us by name quite often...the hospitality is top-notch. Our rooms were across the road facing the north pool...we didn't mind the walk to the ocean side pool. We were part of a conference so our breakfasts were provided by the hotel -- the omelet stations were particularly delicious. Bar Jack was fun with live music on a few nights and the coconut man demonstration and tasting!

Room Tip: Our room facing the north pool was quiet...there were three nights of group parties but it was nice...
2 Thank SassyTwo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

A stay at the Ritz Carlton is always a delight! The rooms are immaculate, the staff incredible and the food simply wonderful. You will feel special the moment you are greeted at the door.

Be sure to put this hotel on your "Bucket list".

Room Tip: Beachfront is wonderful,the sounds of crashing waves will lull you to sleep.
1 Thank ESH37
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I would normally give a hotel like this five stars. However, two things stop me at three. First, many of the rooms are located on the other side of the road from the beach. It is quite a hike to get there and if you forget something in your room, forget it! The other thing that stops me is the concert another reviewer noted on 12-10. It was so loud you could hear it everywhere and totally disturbed the peace of the evening for everyone in the vicinity. I really don't understand what the hotel was thinking on that one.

The good things are very good: staff is outstanding. Friendly and helpful without being annoying. Just very genuinely nice. The beach is wonderful, well supplied with chairs and beach gear. The pool is also well supplied with comfortable lounge chairs. The staff there took a minute to learn your name and used it throughout the day. Drinks and food are expensive but it is the Ritz so to be expected. Despite being a hike from the beach, our room was lovely with vey comfortable beds, high end finishes and twice daily maid service.

The spa is also high end, featuring La Prairie products. It was too pricy for me as I couldn't justify the prices. Over 200 an hour for a massage just doesn't make sense to me.

Room Tip: Make sure to check when making a reservation that you know which side of the road you are on. If you...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cynthia S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Absolutely wonderful and brilliant! Nice white sandy beach and water sports available are fantastic! All selection of delicious food to choose from but I find it a bit pricey. Staff are helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: residence area as you can go in and out anytime straight to the beach
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Westchester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

My family (3 children) traveled to the Ritz Carlton over Thanksgiving from November 23 to 30, 2013. We had adjoining ocean front rooms, which were spacious, had balconies, huge bathrooms, and gorgeous views. My parents also stayed on a separate floor in the same building.
The hotel is a bit unusual because there really are two separate parts to it. There are basically two hotels connected by an indoor bridge that runs over a main road. What I didn't love about the hotel is that I felt like I was walking back and forth indoors all day long. When I went to the spa, I had to take a 7 minute walk. When I went to dinner, I had to take a 7 minute walk. Not a huge deal, but I like a more spacious area where you can walk outside and enjoy the nice weather rather than having to walk through a fancy hotel in a wet bathing suit.

The beach and water were gorgeous for our first 4 days. But then it rained for 2 days straight (not the hotel's fault obviously) but there was not much to do on the rainy days. My kids were so bored. They happened to have just opened the "lizard lounge" b/c of the Thanksgiving holiday and this lounge was billed as having games and X-box etc... All it was was a conference room where they put in 2 ping pong tables (but only rackets for one table), a pop a shot game, foosball and 2 xbox consoles. On the rainy days, there wasn't enough for the kids to do.

We rented a beach cabana every day. It was nice to have the covered area and we had waiter service there. It was pretty expensive though. I think $400 per day. And the sad part about it was that it was set so far back from the beach that there were 3 rows of lounge chairs between the cabana and the beach. So if you sat in the expensive cabana, you had absolutely no view of the water. Kind of silly. Also, the first day it started to rain, I thought "well, I'm glad we have the cabana so our stuff won't get all wet." I was wrong. The covering to the cabana was not waterproof so all of our ipods and kindles and clothes, etc... were getting all wet! I had to scoop everything up and run into the hotel. It was pouring so it wasn't a big deal b/c we had to go inside for the rest of the day, but it seemed like a strange design for days where there might be a 5 minute rain. All your things would be wet despite the covering.

There were 2 pools but we only went to the one by the ocean. One day it was shut b/c a baby pooped in the pool. Other than that, my kids enjoyed the pool and loved the ocean. We rented kayaks, and paddle boards etc... and they enjoyed that.

The concierge set up some trips to swim with the Dolphins and to go to Stingray City. Both of those days were highlights for us. The other days we stayed at the hotel, my kids were bored and hot by 2:00 and wanted to go back up to the room to read or watch TV, which we let them do.

The spa was AMAZING. I had an expensive, but really pampering massage. It was worth the $200. The waiting area is gorgeous. There is also a hot tub, sauna and steam shower you can use even if you are not getting any services. Really gorgeous spa. One of the best I've seen at a hotel.

The restaurants were also really superb. Blue (Eric Ripert's restaurant) was pricey but fabulous. We also enjoyed the sushi and the steak at Seven. Seven was gorgeous and the employees there were incredible, especially Cielo (gotta' give her a shout out!) If you get bored with the food there or want to pay a little less, there are great places all over the island. Eats Cafe (a 3 minute walk) was great for breakfast.

I was really looking forward to tennis but I had no one to play in clinics with and I missed cardio tennis because of the rain. I took a lesson one day but you need to take a golf cart over there and waited 20 minutes for someone to take me. Luckily I still arrived on time. Courts were clay and instruction was decent.

If I go back to Grand Cayman, I would definitely stay at the Ritz again.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean view room. Otherwise you'll be walking back and forth all day to get to...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank hhenkind
Victoria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

On Tuesday, Dec. 10, the Ritz Carlton hosted an ear-blasting concert that continued past 11:30 pm. Complaints from guests and guests in nearby hotels and houses flooded in, but the music continued to blast.
For those guests paying more than $1,000 per night to stay here, it's a shocking case of mismanagement and complete disregard for the comfort of paying guests.
Nothing that the Ritz does will negate this. It's unbelievable that a (supposedly) professional hospitality team would arrange such an event.

14 Thank keenest
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Typically I like to call out impressive staff members by name in reviews but honestly there were too many overachievers at this site. Beautiful site with pampering - specialists everywhere and fantastic food. We will absolutely return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends