“the best ever”

The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The Ritz in the grand Cayman is so far superior to any other hotel. Service attention to detail and the food is excellent. All of the staff was helpful and catered to all our needs. don't look any further..you just found paradise

Room Tip: club level
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank boboitaly
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I really enjoyed the hotel. It is very relaxing and I had a great time. I can't wait to go back to the hotel again. The staff's the most amazing staff that I have ever met! Nice Hotel! I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pomeranian L
Reviewed 10 March 2014

It took me a while to write this review for I have a horrible taste in my mouth for the "The Ritz Carlton" It was always been my "go to" place but after being robbed at the one in Puerto Rico and NOTHING being done or even an apology … I will not stay at one unless I have too. My husbands company always uses The Ritz as their location when traveling so sometimes we have no other options.

We stayed in a suite at this location which was beautiful, the property was in a great location where we can walk to many different restaurants. We loved the use of kayaks, paddle boards etc on a daily basis. I think the pool could of been better for a resort of this size but we are beach people so it didn't bother us much. All of the restaurants we ate at were to our satisfaction. The spa was great and a standout from the past ones I have visited. The employees were helpful and accommodating. I do believe the inside of the Ritz needs some updating as far as the main areas and hallways but overall I think it is beautiful hotel on an outstanding beach.

Our standout adventure hands down was our private jet-ski tour to see the stingrays. It was outstanding. MUST DO.

Room Tip: If traveling with a family, I highly recommend the suites.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Donna k
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman is exactly what I want from a resort on my Caribbean vacation – luxurious while remaining unpretentious, immaculate but as comfortable as I feel in my own home. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised to be informed that they had an ocean front room available. We visited during the renovation and the majority of the ocean front rooms were a part of that reno so I was under the impression that we would not be staying on the beach side. At check in the front desk attendant informed me that that they were able to accommodate my request (I called daily before arrival to see if anything had opened, thank you for listening!). What a great start to an even greater vacation. The room is spacious though sparsely decorated with a magnificent view of Seven Mile Beach and the pool. The bed was very comfortable and my BF slept like a rock, which is no easy task for him when we travel so that says a lot. The water pressure in the shower was not good and this is a big deal for me. Unfortunately, the shower here was more of a chore than a pleasure. I hope they work on that (it’s the little things). What a location! You will not be disappointed! The beach is quiet, clean and very relaxing. We rented a beach cabana everyday for $150 USD, which we got a lot of use out of (shielded from the sun when we needed a break and also from the light rain that would come and go one of the days). The service at the beach was good and the greek salad with shrimp from BarJacks was the perfect light lunch. There is nothing like the water here, I have never seen anything like it! So clear that I could see the exact shade of pink that my toes were painted. We had the buffet breakfast each morning, which was delicious and offered a wide variety of choices whether you want to indulge or watch your diet. The service at breakfast was awesome. Each and every server was genuinely kind and attentive. I also really loved the little beach shop in the hotel. They have a beautifully curated collection of beach hats, suits and sundresses as well as top of the line spf skincare (I am now officially addicted to Sunbum products) everything from snorkels to crystal encrusted sandals, so ladies, I highly recommend a stop there. A visit to the Silver Rain Spa is a must. The ambience is modern, cool yet serene. I had a wonderful facial and a good massage. The facial bed was out of this world amazing and the therapist was excellent. The service here is near perfection and the vista is truly a wonder of the world. Very expensive but worth it! We can’t wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cici14
Reviewed 4 March 2014

One of our Favorite Vacations! Service is amazing! Customer Service is amazing! Room was fantastic Beach actives are the best Enjoy Relax and love this resort! The restaurants are little over priced but well worth the price amazing!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacque327
Reviewed 3 March 2014

To date, this has been my favorite and most memorable vacation that I have had with my husband. We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary at the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman in August of 2012. The service at this hotel was amazing. My husband and I have also stayed at the Ritz Carlton on St. Thomas on two different occasions, and while we enjoyed our stays, the Grand Cayman property takes the cake. The Grand Cayman property is located on beautiful seven mile beach and the beach front at the property is very large and has many many lounge chairs available. The service on the beach was unmatched to any other service that we have received. Our waitress Tamsyn was the best. On two separate days we booked cabanas. On our anniversary we splurged for the Oasis Cabanas. Seriously booked one of these and treat yourself. At the time of our visit, the rooms were nice, but felt a bit dated. However, it appears that the hotel has completely refreshed the rooms and they are now updated. Each morning we had breakfast at Seven, where we were always seated promptly and quickly served coffee. We ate lunch each day on the beach and ordered from Bar Jacks. The food was always good and the service was fast. We dinned off property each night so I cannot comment on any of the hotel restaurants for dinner. We did experience an issue with the water sport desk at the hotel when we were there (our hobie cat sank and we had to be rescued, by another water sport company), however, the management took the issue very seriously and took care of us for our inconvenience. I was highly impressed by their quick response time and willingness to make the situation right. I also visited the spa for a massage during our trip. The spa and its facilities were amazing. So much pampering! Why are you still reading this, book it already. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Book an Oceanfront room. Not only does this grant you access to an amazing view, but this allows you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KL83
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a suite which was lovely . The staff couldn't have gone out if there way enough to make everything perfect . I can't rave enough about the staff and the beautiful hotel and it's definitely a very special place . Yes it is expensive, very expansive. A beer and a diet coke on the beach was $25. The food in the restaurants was very good. We enjoyed everything we had very much. We had the pleasure of dining at Blue their signature restaurant . It was amazing and so was the tab but we loved it and would definitely go back . We had room service one morning and was a little surprised to be charged $5 for delivering room service . That seemed a little petty . So the BIG negative for us was that there was a convention for the Wyndham group at the hotel when we were there. The beach was packed and people lined up like sardines on the beach. The people from this group were loud, cursing on the beach , drunk all day, and were everywhere you went in a hotel. You couldn't get away from this group of wanna be frat boys and girls. It made us feel we were at a cheap Club Med, not the Ritz. If I knew it was going to be like that I wouldn't have picked what I thought was a classy resort . These people were anything but classy . I did go to the front desk and complain and I know the staff was trying to handle things but I think it was even out if their control. For what we paid a night , this is not what we were looking for . Be prepared to walk very very far if you are not staying on the beachside of the hotel . It was just a ridiculous walk to get to the beach . I like to walk but this was crazy. We had a lovely couples massage in the Spa and that was truly wonderful . I would definitely go back but check first about conventions . That was truly a vacation spoiler for us .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple