We just arrived back from Ritz Grand Cayman for Spring Break (last week in March) with our 10yr old daughter and 12yr old son and wanted to give you un biased opinion and include the things that I had questions about before arriving. We are platimun Marriott members, yet decided to try the Ritz based on what they offered for families. We used points for our stay and did ask for an upgrade but none was available for when we arrived..:( There is an additional $50 resort fee + a service fee of $36.80 which goes towards the maid and bellmen tips. The staff and all workers are fantastic and cater to you every need.
We stayed on 3rd floor, garden view, 2 queen beds, wonderful and exceptionally clean rooms. VERY comfortable beds and linens but be warned - every morning at 6:30, roosters will wake you up no matter where you stay...:) Request 3rd floor if you are not staying oceanfront. The hotel is basically divided into oceanfront and garden/pool/club rooms and connected via a walkway that runs over the main road. The main lobby is on the side with garden/pool/club rooms so it is convenient but a few minutes walk to the beach.
The resort fee INCL: free wifi which is decent even on the beach, the use of: stand up paddelboards, snorkeling equiment, kayaks, paddleboats, etc...unlimited beach towels, bottled water in the room, fruit flavored water on beach/pool, rum punch/fruit drinks/cookies in the afternoon in main lobby and free coffee/hot choc/tea until 10am, fruit and snowcones around 3 by the pool. DO take advantage of all of this because you are paying for it!
The Beach is an absolute dream - clean, warm and not a lot of waves unless it is windy. We spent much of our time here. There are always chairs but tough to find front row chairs after 6am on any given day as they are a hot commodity - My husband even witnessed a few cat fights regarding the chairs as people drop their things and leave for hours. If you walk up past the Governor's house on the SMB, there is an awesome reef to go snorkeling-Wonderful fish, sting rays and turtles..We dropped our gear on public beach and it was VERy safe to do so.
We arrived on a Monday night while Ritz Beach BBQ Buffet was taking place so we did it. I don't recommend - the food was mediocre and too expensive to be just ok ($350US/2adults/2kids/4 drinks).Sunshine Grill is right across the street behind the strip mall.
Taikun sushi was excellent! Do try....Periwinkle food was good but apparently they were short-staffed tha night and we waited 45 minutes for our dinner. Movie for kids is shown here and that is very nice....Barjack pool side food is pretty decent and do try the Pina Colada - but be warned, it is $32US for 1 which includes an extra shot of rum on top but VERY yummy!
It is a 5 star hotel and you will pay for it but we had an incredible time and one that we won't forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands