“Fantastic Views”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This Ritz Carlton is the finest hotel on the Island. The Oceanside room views are stunning. The hotel pool side service is first class and the common areas a delight. The Spa is relaxing and not to be missed as well. It is expensive, but money well spent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KarenR14

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Love this place! We stop here annually after scuba diving on Cayman Brac. The property is always well kept and clean, but they have recently redecorated their rooms and they are beautiful!! The staff is always so friendly and helpful and make you feel like you're home! I awarded my first Travel Advisor Excellent Service pin to Howard at the concierge desk! He was GREAT!! He suggested restaurants, made reservations and was very helpful with other aspects of our stay. Yes, the property is very large and can be tough to navigate if you have mobility issues and the pool area can get a little noisy with kids, but once you're in your room, it's nice and quiet. One word of advice, skip the breakfast buffet. It's good, but not worth the price with other delicious options on the regular menu. See you next year!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GracieGizmo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I recently traveled to the Ritz Grand Cayman to celebrate both of our birthdays as well as a "babymoon". We visited the same hotel last year in April; and since it was such a perfect trip, we decided to go right back to the same place. Last year's more detailed review can be seen at the following link (hopefully it works - you probably have to paste it into browser):

A few more details to add this year: 1) the service continues to be absolutely outstanding. We would like to give special recognition to Hotel Manager Roger Ponce, Guest Relations Coordinator Iulia Nichitoae, and Teo from the Ritz Carlton's Blue Tip golf course. Their service was so far above and beyond what is expected of a 5 star hotel - including, but not limited to - upon arriving in our room, we had the following waiting for us: a delicious chocolate dessert, a picture frame with a personalized note, and a very cute baby blanket embroidered with "BABY GREELEY". Aside from these wonderful gifts, the staff continually made us feel as if we have been visiting the hotel for 20 years. It was truly amazing. 2) This year we made our first trip to the Seven Sunday brunch as well as a steak dinner there. Both meals were excellent. The brunch has an unbelievably wide variety of food options that are all top notch. We could not have wished for more of the delicious quality of the meals or the tremendous service in the restaurant. 3) the rooms have all been renovated since we were there a year ago. They were great then and even better now - I think in general they are now brighter, more colorful, and more modern.

In conclusion - this continues to be a world class hotel with world class service. We again enjoyed a perfect beach, pool, spa, restaurant(s), and overall experience. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JackG672
Marc_Langevin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Jack G,
Thank you very much for sharing your compliments and feedback about our resort experience. It was a delight to welcome you back. We are all looking forward to Baby Greeley's first visit with us. I certainly will share your wonderful compliments with our Ladies and Gentlemen. Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we will see you soon.

Marc Langevin

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations in many ways. First the hotel itself is magnificent. Beautiful rooms, ours was oceanfront, amazing service, beautiful beach and great restaurants. We had club level service and the club was truly the best I've ever experienced in a ritz. Food offerings each evening were a meal in themselves. We cancelled several dinner reservations after enjoying sushi, Jonah crab claws, caviar, filet of beef and many other goodies. The staff in the club were so helpful, Celeste and Mercedes and all the lovely servers who would bring you anything you wanted. The beach was clean with crystal clear water, fish at your feet and always a staffer to bring you food or drink. They whole staff was there to help and please you. I mean everyone,
In the whole hotel! I felt cared for and cosseted in a way I've never experienced . This hotel is great for both couples and families, and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Ocean front is close to pool and beach. There is a long gallery to connect to the resort side, But...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Beautiful hotel/pool, amazing service/restaurants. We travelled with our 2 small children & the staff were very accomodating. Made sure we had a suite for extra room. Gave us a crib/sheets/blanket for our 10 month old and a cot for our 2 yr old. Kids ate free, swimming vests available for toddlers. Hotel is on 7 mile beach & airport is not too far away. We rented a car which can be expensive. Hotel is worth the $$

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great stay, great staff. Although this property may be somewhat expensive, the end product is worth every penny. Despite previous reviews, the walk from our "Garden View" room to the beach was not that bad (only about 2 minutes).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank moononk

Dear moononk,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our resort experience. Our Garden View rooms are just a short walk to the beach and, as you experienced, guests are treated to our outstanding exhibit of Cayman Islands artwork created by local artists along the Gallery connecting our Resort and Ocean towers. For your next visit, you can also look forward to some new experiences on our Resort side to further enliven your experience. From all the Ladies and Gentlemen at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, thank you and we will see you soon.

Marc Langevin

Reviewed 19 April 2014

First time in the Caymans, 5th or 6th time at a RC property, and once again not disappointed. The husband and I were here on a paid vacation so the room and almost everything else was taken care of at little cost to us. That being said, it is expensive because you are on an island where everything is imported, everything. In other words, don't expect to vacation at a 5 star resort on a tropic island without paying higher prices...this isn't a motor home park and you aren't shopping at Walmart...it is what it is.

Now, the hotel was upscale and immaculate, I only wish my home was this nice. The pools were never over crowded nor was the beach. There was plenty of seating just wish there were more shaded areas available. It could be that we were here during their off season, which is the end of winter for them, but it was pretty quiet given the size of the hotel. The walk, we stayed on the other side of the street in room #370, over the bridge to the pool and ocean was not that far but there were two other blocks of rooms past ours so I can see where that could become quite a stroll.

Our room was nice, it faced the lawn and the dock at the lagoon, and was quiet. The only thing I would change would be the shower. The shower head is mounted extremely high...a young giraffe could wash in there. When you are shorter, under 5'4", and the shower head is two feet higher then you it makes it difficult to wash your hair properly. When you have low-flow shower head or just low water pressure, you need to be directly under the water to get all the shampoo and conditioner out...the ladies know what I'm talking about. I opted to wash my hair under the tub spout a couple of times so I didn't look like the characters in Seinfeld from the low-flow episode. I will admit this happens in every hotel unless there is a hand-held shower head option.

The food/restaurants were very good, it just depends on what you like. I prefer simple dishes without any spices, rubs, sauces or glaze. I was able to find things I could eat in the buffets and when ordering I was able to get my order as I wanted. We had breakfast at Seven several times...the eggs benedict and the coconut pancakes are a must, two of the best things I ate while there. The lobster mac and cheese was to die for. I could literally eat just those three things for the rest of my life and be happy. The grub at the poolside bar & grill was okay, but stay away from the sandwiches at the Cupboard!

Lastly, the service. Everyone was friendly and had a smile on their faces...some fake I know, but they still smiled and greeted you. I have never said hello, good morning, good afternoon and so forth in my entire life. We only used housekeeping once during the middle of our stay...I don't like people touching and moving my stuff around, I think I have a phobia...but they did a wonderful job. The wait staff was pretty good but I had an issue with the bartenders not knowing how to make a drink. During one dinner event I went to 3 different guys before finding one that knew how to make the drink I wanted, a mai tai. They need to have the bartenders properly trained and test them. The wait staff at the pool could put a little more hustle in their step, it might help them sell more drinks and food. Service is a little quicker being seated but not by much.

Going above and beyond service I have to give props to the front desk, the ladies handling our event and the gentlemen that loaded us on our buses everyday for our excursions. We were there with a large group, a couple hundred, and had small group of ladies that were hired to take care of everything for us...they are employed by the company that was paying for this trip and have planned many, many, many of these trips before. Anyway, we boarded our shuttle to the airport with the ladies checking us off their list and the gentlemen loading our luggage. When we arrived I realized my wristlet, which held my passport and drivers license was missing. My husband called the front desk and they made contact with the ladies that were in charge of our group. They all searched the property, everywhere we were that day which was probably 6 different places, and also contacted the driver of the shuttle we were on. Sure enough, they found it on the bus and I'm not sure how they retrieved it from there but within minutes of finding it the gentlemen were pulling up to the airport . I couldn't thank them enough for going through all the trouble to find and return my passport which was done in under 45 minutes.

To sum it up, thank you Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Staff for all of your hospitality, we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple