Stayed @ the Ritz as they were part of American Express Fine Hotel program for our anniversary.
As with any ritz, the service was very personal (no less than 5 staff members remembered and called us by name each day). I still regard the Montage properties as one of the best hotels for service compared to ritz, four seasons, intercontinental, waldorfs and rosewood etc..
One thing to note is they have 2 buildings connected by a 'gallery' / indoor bridge. You can stay on the laguna side or the beach side and easily walk to one another.
The spa silver rain had a very nice decor in the general entrance area as well as in the mens spa itself. Nothing fancy in terms of the showers (no body spray, rain shower etc) but does its job. The hot tub was large enough but during both of my visits the steam room nor the sauna was turned up so i had to turn them on manually. The steam room could also use a good scrubbing to get rid of the mildew smell and build up near the steam vents or at least spray some eucalyptus spray. They also had mens la prairie face, body lotion and face soap available for use. The cold towels were a nice touch as well. (In vegas most of the nicer hotel spas will have the spa attendants bring buckets of ice with water bottles or fresh juices which would of been nice here along with magazines for lounging around.
As far as the beach goes its marvelous. They have chairs with individual covers that can swing completely forward or backwards to provide adequate coverage during the sun. The beach itself also had plenty of water toys to lay out or ride but no man made corals so little to no fish and not worth snorkeling. The cabanas and beds were a bit overpriced as it was only for the cost for use and not a minimum. I would of gladly paid for a $400~600 drink/food minimum .
The pool near the beach side was very relaxing with prompt service.
in terms of dining we at @ blue (best restaurant possibly in the Caribbean) , taikun (sushi) and at seven for breakfast (twice) , pool side bar. if you don't mind walking outside the ritz we also highly recommend fish tacos @ sunshine suites or Indian @ gateway to india.
Overall had a great time and would return. The best service came from the house keeping and the restaurant staff from Seven & Blue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Marriott, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands