“Loved this hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is fabulous! The beach is pristine and not too crowded. So pleasant to float around in the swimming area and have a drink on the floating tables. Paddle boards, snorkels, fins, etc. are all available (for free) on the beach. The pools are very nice and the food is very expensive (its Cayman so expected) but good. The staff were friendly and the service was outstanding. The location of the hotel is great and within walking distance to many restaurants and grocery stores. The gym is definitely one of the best hotel gyms I've seen. There are so many services located at the hotel (Avis car rental) which is nice. The only recommendation I have for divers is to go off site. The onsite dive shop was not very unaccommodating and a bit unfriendly. We ended up diving with Pirate Divers and had a very personalized and amazing experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are very nice. Walk way between towers is not bad at all.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Wonderful hotel, 5-Star service and amenities. 2 amazing restaurants, and 3 others that are pretty good. Beach Service is stunning, Periwinkle pool on the other side perfect for late afternoon relaxing. All pools wonderful. A great Gym, and a Spa. Rooms are great, and you get housecleaning service twice per day. This place is better than St Thomas, South Beach, Laguna Nigelle, etc. I must have been to 10 RC's and this is the best - they're all good, but this resort is the best. The setting doesn't hurt! Right on the water. Everyone at the hotel is great. Service wonderful. Adrian checked us in - Great, Iulia helped with reservations - Great. Barman in the Bar - Great. Devinda at Periwinkle and Shiva at Kaikun - great. These guys know how to do 'service'.

Room Tip: Unless you must see the ocean, resort-side rooms are cheaper and far more convenient for all service...
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel was so good i liked it very musc. When i first came there i enjoed the view from my room and i really like big tv and really big bed. The food and servants are gteat. I enjoed staying at this hotel throught out my vacation. THANK YOU

Room Tip: South side
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were fortunate enough to stay at this beautiful resort for 4 nights and it was truly fantastic!! The staff always greeted us by name at every interaction and continued to ask if they could be of any assistance wanting to make sure everything was meeting with our expectations. There was one staff member who truly stood out for me and that is Ben (from England) who was my sailing instructor during my final morning at the Ritz. During my solo sail following the instruction, I managed to tip my boat and during the plunge into the water I lost my sunglasses. When Ben came out to assist me in "righting" the boat I mentioned that I was leaving a piece of myself in Grand Cayman as my sunglasses were now somewhere on the ocean floor. I was pleasantly surprised when I returned to the beach later that day and Ben came running over to me (calling me by name, no less) to let me know he went out later that morning and retrieved my sunglasses!! I can't tell you how appreciative I was that he took the time out of his morning to go out and free dive (25') in an attempt to find the glasses. This is staff that truly goes above and beyond!

1  Thank Susan G
Marc_Langevin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Susan G,
It was fantastic to have you visit with us. I was delighted to read about your experience with Ben. We know how important it is to have your sunglasses for a beach vacation and I am glad he was able to assist you in locating them. I will share your compliments with our Ladies and Gentlemen. We look forward to welcoming you back for another sail soon.

Marc Langevin

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our time here. A bit expensive for the value but it was relaxing, service was great! View was exquisite and pool was fantastic. Would return to enjoy the relaxing feel of this island. People were friendly and it was easy to go places either walking or by car

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

First stay at the Ritz but fifth time on the Island. Platinum Marriott members, used points for our ten day stay. At time of res as well as a ph call later we were told breakfast was included with our room. Upon arrival, breakfast was denied. After a few minutes of negotiating we were given 4 mornings of breakfast at Seven. Please keep notes of all conversations with names etc. This was the only low point but albeit an expensive one! Taikun restaurant was also very rude to us as well! NOW FOR THE+. The staff and service are OUTSTANDING which reflects on MGT. From Miss Joyce in housekeeping, Howard the concierge to Mohammed at Seven, ALL staff were so incredibly professional and treated one like family. We loved them! Rooms were spacious, extremely clean and every request was met with pleasure. The beach staff were very attentive. Resort fee covers use of all toys such as stand up paddle boards and Hobie cats. Take advantage of these. The fee is a steal considering rental costs elsewhere.opWe stay at hotels over 175 nites per year and this hotel is among the top 2. If you cannot wind down here you need Therapy! Give me a call I am a Psychologist! Very expensive but worth every cent! Treat yourself, you will have no regrets. I just went thru a death in my family and my partner just retired. This trip met every expectation and created the best of memories. Create a lifetime of memories here.!!!

Room Tip: Ocean Tower is very convenient . Our room was very quiet. Rooms are much larger than photos indicate...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZippyRoo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed there for 9 nights in March of this year. This was our 3rd time staying there. We love the hotel, spa and entire staff. It doesn't get much better then there. BUT, they added this additional charge to their already $50 per night resort fee. I believe it was $38.50 per night fee for gratuities on top of the resort fee, room rate and taxes. MY issue is during the stay we were uncomfortable not tipping for excellent service, which we received and always receive there. WE are very good tippers and feel our service could have even been better if the staff was getting our usual gratuity.
When a pool worker rearranges an area and sets up your chairs the way you want it and you give them nothing it makes us uncomfortable. Yes, we could have continued to tip on top of the mandatory gratuity, we did a little but that isn't fair to us. I don't go on vacation to feel uncomfortable. So we are not going back next year solely due to this policy. If you choose to go and don't care about this issue, this place is great but they just lost us unless this policy goes away. My tipping is my right to or my right not to, not the Ritz Carlton's right to determine it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank slicerboy

Dear slicerboy,
Thank you very much for visiting with us and sharing your feedback. Our Ladies and Gentlemen are delighted to offer first class service to all our guests. I would be delighted to discuss your feedback in further detail and, if you can afford the time, you may reach me personally at +1 (345) 815-6006. Again, thank you for taking the time to share these valuable comments with us.

Marc Langevin