We were really looking forward to our vacation at this hotel but it disappointed us. The beach and water was fabulous and we thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. However the management and facility was somewhat disappointing for the label of a Ritz - Carlton. Any other brand would have received a higher rating but you expect more with a Ritz. Reasons are :
1. My husband spends more than 150 nights per year in a Marriott and we used points for 2 rooms for a week. We used points and could only book garden view rooms. We were hoping to get upgraded to ocean view - or at least something better than grass and rooftops. When management confirmed no availability (somewhat with an attitiude), we were given no consideration for any type of compensation. Asked about lounge access but nothing could be offered -- not even one free cocktail.
2. Readers need to understand how very far the non-ocean rooms are from the beach.
3. The resort has a lot of amenities and restaurants. We were given no overview of the fact that the beach offers kayaks and other toys or the excellent workout facility and spa upon our arrival. I had to read through all the materials and explore to figure out all the nice options available.
4. My husband stepped into an unmarked hole on the golf course halfway through our vacation and sprained his ankle. I asked the concierge about ace bandages and the resulting attention was impressive. There was immediate follow-up to see how he could be helped. These staff members were very polite and helpful and continued to follow-up throughout our stay. My only comment in reference to this experience is that no compensation at all was offered until I asked about it less than 12 hours before our departure. The Ritz did not charge for that golf game and we truly appreciate that but also don't think that we should have had to ask for it (especially since our activities rest of week were limited due to his sprained ankle).
In all, we had a lovely time in Grand Cayman but think this Ritz could do more for their most loyal customers - which in our case was nothing at all. In comparison, my brother-in-law with same status, etc was treated extremely well 2 years ago so don't know if there has been a change in management or not. We are not demanding people so was really just surprised more than anything with this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands