The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$339
US$214
Hotels.com
US$511
US$461
  • Pool
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$308
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$205
US$607
US$496
Villas of the Galleon(Seven Mile Beach)
US$498
Hotels.com
Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa(Seven Mile Beach)
US$583
US$523
US$240
US$637
US$1,053
TripAdvisor
3,235 results
All reviewsbar jackthe ritzclub levelbeach sideresort viewgrand caymanocean frontsushi restauranttasting menusteam roomresort feefour seasonsfront rowrum punchpaddle boardsfitness centerbeautiful property
Reviewed 26 May 2014

One of our best vacations ... Expensive but worth it, we're treated like royalty, everyone was super nice, definetly stay on the beach side of the hotel, far walk if staying by the garden side, but a nice pool there ,peaceful and quiter than the beach side pool. Would definetly go back, but now I'm spoiled and can only stay at the Ritz, if going back to the caymans...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were really looking forward to our vacation at this hotel but it disappointed us. The beach and water was fabulous and we thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. However the management and facility was somewhat disappointing for the label of a Ritz - Carlton. Any other brand would have received a higher rating but you expect more with a Ritz. Reasons are :
1. My husband spends more than 150 nights per year in a Marriott and we used points for 2 rooms for a week. We used points and could only book garden view rooms. We were hoping to get upgraded to ocean view - or at least something better than grass and rooftops. When management confirmed no availability (somewhat with an attitiude), we were given no consideration for any type of compensation. Asked about lounge access but nothing could be offered -- not even one free cocktail.
2. Readers need to understand how very far the non-ocean rooms are from the beach.
3. The resort has a lot of amenities and restaurants. We were given no overview of the fact that the beach offers kayaks and other toys or the excellent workout facility and spa upon our arrival. I had to read through all the materials and explore to figure out all the nice options available.
4. My husband stepped into an unmarked hole on the golf course halfway through our vacation and sprained his ankle. I asked the concierge about ace bandages and the resulting attention was impressive. There was immediate follow-up to see how he could be helped. These staff members were very polite and helpful and continued to follow-up throughout our stay. My only comment in reference to this experience is that no compensation at all was offered until I asked about it less than 12 hours before our departure. The Ritz did not charge for that golf game and we truly appreciate that but also don't think that we should have had to ask for it (especially since our activities rest of week were limited due to his sprained ankle).

In all, we had a lovely time in Grand Cayman but think this Ritz could do more for their most loyal customers - which in our case was nothing at all. In comparison, my brother-in-law with same status, etc was treated extremely well 2 years ago so don't know if there has been a change in management or not. We are not demanding people so was really just surprised more than anything with this property.

Room Tip: Be very specific with requested location and don't stay across the road unless you enjoy a long walk to the beach. If you are using Marriott points, no options are available except garden view and don't expect to get upgraded.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank B3ar159luna
Marc_Langevin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear B3ar159luna,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am disappointed to read your experience did not meet expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these points in further detail. At your earliest convenience, I invite you to contact me personally at +1 (345) 815-6006. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My boyfriend and I returned to this Ritz for one week. Below is a breakdown of pros/cons for each portion of our stay.

Pre-arrival and check-in: PROS: We were assisted over email by an amazing concierge (Laura Favella) who helped us make reservations and answer questions. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted promptly by Ms. Favella, and she knew us by name. We relayed that one of our pieces of luggage had been lost in transit, and the hotel staff proactively took care of our paperwork to manage the luggage delivery the following day, and sent an overnight bag with some necessary toiletries up to our room. When we were escorted up to the room, we were greeted also by a banana cream cake to congratulate my boyfriend on his new promotion at work--amazingly thoughtful and a great surprise for him! CONS: None!

Room: Once again, our room was on the highest floor (floor 5) of the resort side. PROS: I felt the room was a better value than our last trip because I had a discounted rate, was redeeming 2 nights via Marriott Rewards, and the rooms had been updated since our last stay to a more modern look-and-feel. We loved that there was a large selection of pillow types to choose from, and I had some amazing nights of sleep on the comfortable beds. The wifi has also been updated and it's much faster and easier to log in. CONS: Honestly, the only complaint we had about our room is extremely minor: while we had bathrobes, we'd also like to have some slippers to go with them!

Beach/Pools: PROS: The beach service was prompt, the beach itself is so relaxing, all the lounge chairs have overhead shades, free use of snorkeling equipment and staff who will happily gives you tips on where the best snorkeling is (hint: it's not in front of the hotel!), and the quiet pool cabanas are free! CONS: I did succumb to the get-up-early-to-get-a-lounge-chair crowd (approximately 8:30 AM). Beach food is expensive but we knew this going into it, so this time around we got food to go from Sunshine Grill across the street and brought it to the beach with us.

Fitness center: PROS: Well maintained, free apples, lots of water options, new equipment, great class instructors (I did the core class which was pretty tough!). CONS: If there's a conference at the hotel, the gym will get crowded 1-2 hours before the first conference session. Also, the sun faces the cardio machines until about 10:30AM due to the window direction. I wish they would put curtains up so people don't risk getting a sunburn during an indoor workout.

Food: I won't break this down into pros or cons because we ate mostly off-property. The one restaurant we did eat at was Seven for our last night's dinner, and I wrote a separate review for that.

Service: PROS: Every member of the staff appeared genuinely happy to greet us and went out of their way to help us. This destination was the first in a two-stay trip (the second being Disney World) and I've got to say, Disney has a long way to go to catch up to the stellar service we received at the Ritz! Housekeeping was very prompt and refilled everything we needed. Taxis were available on a moment's notice, and the valet happily helped us review our driving plans for the one day we rented a car. I received awesome advice on other parts of the island to visit and snorkel at from the beach assistant Kevin. CONS: The only nitpick I have about service is related to the art gallery in the beach walkway. At one point I wanted to enquire about purchasing a print of one of the art pieces. There was a desk for an attendant, but it was never staffed when I checked (and I showed up on multiple days at intervals ranging from 10AM to 5PM). The signs say to visit the Cupboard onsite gift shop, but when I asked the folks at the counter, they told me to ask the concierge as they didn't know. And when I asked the concierge, they asked me to go back to the Cupboard. Being a fellow artist, I hope that the Ritz can remedy this situation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank fluff_astrid
Marc_Langevin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear fluff_astrid,
It was wonderful to welcome you back to our resort. Your feedback is important to us and I appreciate you sharing such a detailed review. I will certainly share your compliments with our Ladies and Gentlemen and, if you can afford the time, I would be delighted to discuss any additional details you would like to share. You may reach me personally at +1 (345) 815-6006. I look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing! I have stayed at a number of other Ritz Carlton's that didn't quite live up to the expectation one has for this level of hotel and a few that at least met it, but this location in Grand Cayman exceeds the expectation and is by far the best of the brand we've been to yet. It is every bit as good as any Four Seasons or St. Regis I have ever stayed at. Everything was absolutely perfect from check in to check out. Not even the smallest problem occurred. They surprised and delighted us at every turn making us feel special and even a little spoiled by how they went out of their way to do nice things for us. We were served cookies and drinks on check in, we were offered an amazing room upgrade and the staff was super duper friendly.

For us it's all the little touches that made it special. They anticipate your needs so you don't have to ask for much and when you do, there's always someone around who takes ownership of the issues and ensures that you get taken care of. The hotel is very child friendly, there were lots of kids around and they even supply neat little toys for the kids. Plus kids get to eat free at the restaurants (under 5) which is nice especially since kids often don't finish their food and at hotels it gets really expensive.

The pool is very relaxing, they have a huge whirlpool tub and the highlight is the beach. Sugary smooth sand and the water is so clear and warm it looks exactly like a swimming pool. They have lots of floaty rafts around that you can use and other fun things. They do charge a hefty "resort fee" which includes use of floating tables, hammocks, rafts, snorkel equipment, boats, as well as internet and it's pretty pricey especially if you don't use a lot of those things, but you don't have much choice in paying it so you might as well try to enjoy some of it.

I believe this is the best hotel in Cayman and probably one of the best hotels in the Caribbean. Our stay could not have been more perfect. Everything we requested or needed was taken care of very quickly. I think if you go here, you'll have an amazing time too.

Room Tip: If you like the beach, make sure you get a beach side room. They have rooms on the other side of the road as well overlooking the golf course and that side has it's own pool too, which is fine if you like golf but if you're headed to the main pool or beach, it's significantly closer to be on the beach side. We hardly ever went over to the main lobby side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristin K

Dear Kristin K,
It was such a pleasure to read the kind words you shared about our resort experience. Our Ladies and Gentlemen take great pride in providing the finest service to our guests and I am thrilled to share your compliments with them. Thank you very much for taking the time you share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is fabulous! The beach is pristine and not too crowded. So pleasant to float around in the swimming area and have a drink on the floating tables. Paddle boards, snorkels, fins, etc. are all available (for free) on the beach. The pools are very nice and the food is very expensive (its Cayman so expected) but good. The staff were friendly and the service was outstanding. The location of the hotel is great and within walking distance to many restaurants and grocery stores. The gym is definitely one of the best hotel gyms I've seen. There are so many services located at the hotel (Avis car rental) which is nice. The only recommendation I have for divers is to go off site. The onsite dive shop was not very unaccommodating and a bit unfriendly. We ended up diving with Pirate Divers and had a very personalized and amazing experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are very nice. Walk way between towers is not bad at all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple