“Loved it!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
New York, NY
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a gorgeous resort with spectacular amenities with lots of hidden gems, and a great spa.

But the best part of the hotel by far was its restaurant, Blue...
Being a New Yorker and having some of the best restaurants in the world at fingertips, this place might just take the prize!
It's opulent decor is absolutely stunning, and the Dover Sole..... . Hmmm I would call this dish a transcending experience when it comes to food. When every taste bud that you have comes alive with each bite, you know you found your favorite dish! Oh yes, and the staff is world-class!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paradise0123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights at the Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman for my boyfriend's birthday. We arrived to a rainy afternoon, but it was all sunshine at the hotel. We were greeted at check-in by Andrea from guest services. She immediately handed us each a glass of champagne and a big "Happy Birthday!" She escorted us to our room and explained the grounds and the map of the area. She even showed us how to connect to wifi! Next, an attendant, Talsia (spelling?) arrived at our room with rum punch and a birthday cake! Everything at our arrival was top-notch.
We dined at every restaurant on site and the food was out of this world. Blue, was by far, the best meal we had, but it was all delicious. Even BarJack, the poolside bar, had amazing food and drinks.
The beach was never overcrowded and their were even instances where we were the only people at the periwinkle pool.
The beachside cabanas are beautiful, but quite pricey. We did this one day, but would suggest taking advantage of the free cabanas (with TVs!!!) at the periwinkle pool.
The service is amazing and everyone goes above and beyond without being phony. Thank you to all of those who made our trip special!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ColieD
Marc_Langevin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear ColieD,
Our Ladies and Gentlemen love to celebrate with guests and it was fantastic to celebrate your boyfriend's birthday with you both. I am excited to share your compliments about the genuine care and service you experienced on this most recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, thank you!

Nassau
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I decided to visit the Ritz Carlton for High Tea, unfortunately we were there on Monday and they only do this Thursday through Sunday. We decided to have a light lunch and afternoon tea anyway which was excellently presented and excellent quality food. You cannot say enough about the service in this place, it is of the highest level. The Room rates are on the high side but if you have that kind of budget I would certainly recommend you stay there.

First Class

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear AllanWood,
Thank you for visiting with us. I am sorry our Afternoon Tea service was not available when you visited; however, I am pleased to read you enjoyed lunch and a selection of our fine teas at Silver Palm Lounge. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our Ladies and Gentlemen and welcoming you back again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

One of our best vacations ... Expensive but worth it, we're treated like royalty, everyone was super nice, definetly stay on the beach side of the hotel, far walk if staying by the garden side, but a nice pool there ,peaceful and quiter than the beach side pool. Would definetly go back, but now I'm spoiled and can only stay at the Ritz, if going back to the caymans...

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were really looking forward to our vacation at this hotel but it disappointed us. The beach and water was fabulous and we thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. However the management and facility was somewhat disappointing for the label of a Ritz - Carlton. Any other brand would have received a higher rating but you expect more with a Ritz. Reasons are :
1. My husband spends more than 150 nights per year in a Marriott and we used points for 2 rooms for a week. We used points and could only book garden view rooms. We were hoping to get upgraded to ocean view - or at least something better than grass and rooftops. When management confirmed no availability (somewhat with an attitiude), we were given no consideration for any type of compensation. Asked about lounge access but nothing could be offered -- not even one free cocktail.
2. Readers need to understand how very far the non-ocean rooms are from the beach.
3. The resort has a lot of amenities and restaurants. We were given no overview of the fact that the beach offers kayaks and other toys or the excellent workout facility and spa upon our arrival. I had to read through all the materials and explore to figure out all the nice options available.
4. My husband stepped into an unmarked hole on the golf course halfway through our vacation and sprained his ankle. I asked the concierge about ace bandages and the resulting attention was impressive. There was immediate follow-up to see how he could be helped. These staff members were very polite and helpful and continued to follow-up throughout our stay. My only comment in reference to this experience is that no compensation at all was offered until I asked about it less than 12 hours before our departure. The Ritz did not charge for that golf game and we truly appreciate that but also don't think that we should have had to ask for it (especially since our activities rest of week were limited due to his sprained ankle).

In all, we had a lovely time in Grand Cayman but think this Ritz could do more for their most loyal customers - which in our case was nothing at all. In comparison, my brother-in-law with same status, etc was treated extremely well 2 years ago so don't know if there has been a change in management or not. We are not demanding people so was really just surprised more than anything with this property.

Room Tip: Be very specific with requested location and don't stay across the road unless you enjoy a long...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank B3ar159luna
Marc_Langevin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear B3ar159luna,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am disappointed to read your experience did not meet expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these points in further detail. At your earliest convenience, I invite you to contact me personally at +1 (345) 815-6006. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you.

Bay Area, California
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I returned to this Ritz for one week. Below is a breakdown of pros/cons for each portion of our stay.

Pre-arrival and check-in: PROS: We were assisted over email by an amazing concierge (Laura Favella) who helped us make reservations and answer questions. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted promptly by Ms. Favella, and she knew us by name. We relayed that one of our pieces of luggage had been lost in transit, and the hotel staff proactively took care of our paperwork to manage the luggage delivery the following day, and sent an overnight bag with some necessary toiletries up to our room. When we were escorted up to the room, we were greeted also by a banana cream cake to congratulate my boyfriend on his new promotion at work--amazingly thoughtful and a great surprise for him! CONS: None!

Room: Once again, our room was on the highest floor (floor 5) of the resort side. PROS: I felt the room was a better value than our last trip because I had a discounted rate, was redeeming 2 nights via Marriott Rewards, and the rooms had been updated since our last stay to a more modern look-and-feel. We loved that there was a large selection of pillow types to choose from, and I had some amazing nights of sleep on the comfortable beds. The wifi has also been updated and it's much faster and easier to log in. CONS: Honestly, the only complaint we had about our room is extremely minor: while we had bathrobes, we'd also like to have some slippers to go with them!

Beach/Pools: PROS: The beach service was prompt, the beach itself is so relaxing, all the lounge chairs have overhead shades, free use of snorkeling equipment and staff who will happily gives you tips on where the best snorkeling is (hint: it's not in front of the hotel!), and the quiet pool cabanas are free! CONS: I did succumb to the get-up-early-to-get-a-lounge-chair crowd (approximately 8:30 AM). Beach food is expensive but we knew this going into it, so this time around we got food to go from Sunshine Grill across the street and brought it to the beach with us.

Fitness center: PROS: Well maintained, free apples, lots of water options, new equipment, great class instructors (I did the core class which was pretty tough!). CONS: If there's a conference at the hotel, the gym will get crowded 1-2 hours before the first conference session. Also, the sun faces the cardio machines until about 10:30AM due to the window direction. I wish they would put curtains up so people don't risk getting a sunburn during an indoor workout.

Food: I won't break this down into pros or cons because we ate mostly off-property. The one restaurant we did eat at was Seven for our last night's dinner, and I wrote a separate review for that.

Service: PROS: Every member of the staff appeared genuinely happy to greet us and went out of their way to help us. This destination was the first in a two-stay trip (the second being Disney World) and I've got to say, Disney has a long way to go to catch up to the stellar service we received at the Ritz! Housekeeping was very prompt and refilled everything we needed. Taxis were available on a moment's notice, and the valet happily helped us review our driving plans for the one day we rented a car. I received awesome advice on other parts of the island to visit and snorkel at from the beach assistant Kevin. CONS: The only nitpick I have about service is related to the art gallery in the beach walkway. At one point I wanted to enquire about purchasing a print of one of the art pieces. There was a desk for an attendant, but it was never staffed when I checked (and I showed up on multiple days at intervals ranging from 10AM to 5PM). The signs say to visit the Cupboard onsite gift shop, but when I asked the folks at the counter, they told me to ask the concierge as they didn't know. And when I asked the concierge, they asked me to go back to the Cupboard. Being a fellow artist, I hope that the Ritz can remedy this situation.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank fluff_astrid
Dear fluff_astrid,
It was wonderful to welcome you back to our resort. Your feedback is important to us and I appreciate you sharing such a detailed review. I will certainly share your compliments with our Ladies and Gentlemen and, if you can afford the time, I would be delighted to discuss any additional details you would like to share. You may reach me personally at +1 (345) 815-6006. I look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing! I have stayed at a number of other Ritz Carlton's that didn't quite live up to the expectation one has for this level of hotel and a few that at least met it, but this location in Grand Cayman exceeds the expectation and is by far the best of the brand we've been to yet. It is every bit as good as any Four Seasons or St. Regis I have ever stayed at. Everything was absolutely perfect from check in to check out. Not even the smallest problem occurred. They surprised and delighted us at every turn making us feel special and even a little spoiled by how they went out of their way to do nice things for us. We were served cookies and drinks on check in, we were offered an amazing room upgrade and the staff was super duper friendly.

For us it's all the little touches that made it special. They anticipate your needs so you don't have to ask for much and when you do, there's always someone around who takes ownership of the issues and ensures that you get taken care of. The hotel is very child friendly, there were lots of kids around and they even supply neat little toys for the kids. Plus kids get to eat free at the restaurants (under 5) which is nice especially since kids often don't finish their food and at hotels it gets really expensive.

The pool is very relaxing, they have a huge whirlpool tub and the highlight is the beach. Sugary smooth sand and the water is so clear and warm it looks exactly like a swimming pool. They have lots of floaty rafts around that you can use and other fun things. They do charge a hefty "resort fee" which includes use of floating tables, hammocks, rafts, snorkel equipment, boats, as well as internet and it's pretty pricey especially if you don't use a lot of those things, but you don't have much choice in paying it so you might as well try to enjoy some of it.

I believe this is the best hotel in Cayman and probably one of the best hotels in the Caribbean. Our stay could not have been more perfect. Everything we requested or needed was taken care of very quickly. I think if you go here, you'll have an amazing time too.

Room Tip: If you like the beach, make sure you get a beach side room. They have rooms on the other side of th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristin K
Dear Kristin K,
It was such a pleasure to read the kind words you shared about our resort experience. Our Ladies and Gentlemen take great pride in providing the finest service to our guests and I am thrilled to share your compliments with them. Thank you very much for taking the time you share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.