You cannot beat this Ritz. My wife and I were here in March of 2013. We had a room across the road but they upgraded us to the beach side. Initially I was disappointed as we had a ground floor room and I wanted to have a balcony but soon realized that we could get to the beach in less than 30 seconds. The Rooms are large and spectacular, they met our expectation. There is a small fridge in the room to which is nice if you buy your own drinks.
Yes the place is expensive so we actually had 3 wonderful dinners directly across the street (4 minute walk). Eats Café serves typical American type food and has the #1 stir fry dish I have ever had! Yoshi is a Sushi restaurant, it was a great environment and the food was good, not the best sushi ever but good enough. The 3rd restaurant was an Italian place connected to Eats café, it was also very good and all were reasonably priced with entrees in the $10-$15 range. We also stopped by the liquor stores and got a 12pk of Corona and a couple of bottles of wine. These were both very expensive (about 2x-3x more expensive than US) but still a great deal compared to drink prices at Ritz. That being said we did splurge on a few things at the Ritz while basking in the sun. The Pina Colada is the most amazing frozen drink I have ever had, its about $17 but so good. Also for lunch we got the Chips and Salsa/Guac. This was very fresh and filling for a lunch it was only $15.
You have to get to the beach by 730 if you want a chair on the front row facing the beautiful Caribbean sea. The Staff was amazing on the beach, always willing to offer towel service and drink/food service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, West Indies, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands