Stayed at the Ritz in May and had a fabulous time! As others have mentioned, the resort spans a large area, so one can stay on the beach side or the lagoon side. It's really not that far of a walk to the beach, but if you have difficulty walking, it is something to keep in mind. The pool on the lagoon side is actually less crowded and calmer, but you really can't beat the chairs on the beach, which is gorgeous! Food and drinks at the pool (and elsewhere) are quite expensive, but typical for both Grand Cayman and for a pricey hotel. There is both a liquor store and grocery store nearby, but the fridge in the room is not large enough to accommodate much.
The rooms are large and comfortable. Free bottles of water and turn down service nightly, which is a nice touch. I was somewhat disappointed that there is no full length mirror in the room. Minor issue, for sure, but puzzling.
We received consistently good service. Everyone was polite, professional, helpful, etc.
A few tips:
You can use the spa for free- nice showers, hot tub, sauna, etc. Free La Prarie products in the dressing rooms.
Snorkeling gear and other water sports are free.
Go to the Sunshine grill right down the street for breakfast or lunch. Crowded, but so worth it for painkillers and fish tacos.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you don't mind the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands