After my partner and I had nothing but rain when traveling around Europe and recently finishing my school in March, we decided to celebrate and get some sun in Cayman Island. We decided to stay at the Ritz and do not regret it. My partner contacted the hotel beforehand to request our room to have some champagne and fruit upon arriving. Upon entering the hotel all the staff kept congratulating me on my degree. It wasn't just upon arrival, but basically throughout the week we were there. The staff at the bar were true sweethearts. Since the World Cup was happening, they basically knew what drinks we wanted once the games started!
The only "con" we had was that we felt bored at times during the night. The first couple of nights we had nothing to do after the sun went down. Most of the time we were in bed, watching TV by 9:30 pm! I guess we were expecting some activities like we had in other resorts. For example, when we went to Maui, the hotel had movie nights were there were projectors set up by the pool and we watched the movie while being in the pool on an inflatable chair.
Apart from that tiny observation, we had an amazing time. Staff was super friendly. The hotel's beach was gorgeous.
As to prices, sure they're on the "high" side, but 1) it's Cayman Island and 2) it's the Ritz! Of course prices will be slightly high. Sure you'll pay ~$25 USD for two beers, but that's close to what you end up paying if you decide to go to a lounge, etc. Well, at least in Los Angeles ;)
If you can, try to get the King Ocean View room! Simply breathtaking.
Overall, had an amazing time and definitely looking forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, West Indies, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands