We visited the Ritz Carlton on Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, on our the first day of our trip. Honestly, we thought we would be hanging at the Ritz, which is a short walk from the Beachcomber Condos, where we had an awesome experience.
One trip to the Ritz was all it took to turn us off, and not return. We ate lunch on the pool deck, a beautiful setting right on the beach. But unfortunately, we were turned off immediately by a rude hostess. She indicated we were rude for taking two chairs from an adjoining table - she obviously didn't see us ask the leaving party if it was OK to snag the chairs. Her assumption that we were rude Americans, and then having the bad taste and bravado to scold us for what she thought was a transgression was an incredibly bad way to introduce us to the Ritz.
The other thing that turned us off was the price. I was not paying the bill, but for the food and drinks we got the value was just not there.
When travelling in the US I have always enjoyed Ritz Carlton properties for their typically impeccable service. Yes, they're typically pricey, but I have previously felt we got a good value for our dollar. Not so at the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman. Their loss I suppose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands