As you will see when you read the reviews here, there's not a bad thing to say about the place. Beautiful hotel (clean, neat, upscale), friendly, happy associates (from the maid service to the pool staff to the door man) and impeccable attention to detail!
We arrived on November 1st (2008) for a seven night stay- two ajoining rooms for my husband, myself and our two children ages 12 and 14. Everything we requested (an empty refrigerator in the room, adjoining rooms, ocean front, high floor etc.) was there, ready and waiting. From Ely (their customer service manager) who greets you by name as you arrive, to the front desk and conceirge personnel who had my daughter selecting a movie for the room within minutes of arrival, to the bell staff who takes you upstairs and explains everything.....EVERYTHING- was perfect!
Prior to our arrival, Ely asked several times if we were there to celebrate anything special. We weren't- unfortunately, I guess as when I read all of the magnificent things they did (have done) for guests celebrating a special event, I get a little "jealous" -haha! While we didn't get the "Swan towel", rose petals on our bed, free dessert or champagne etc., we did feel that we got everything and more than we asked for.
As others have stated, we remained there for what became a Category 3 hurricane. The Ritz handled the situation with the utmost professionalism, keeping everyone appraised (and safe) during the 36+ hour ordeal. They flew in 36 of their own loss prevention specialists (specifically to handle the storm), had 6 police officers, a doctor, 3 medical personnel AND an ambulance there at the hotel should anyone need anything. They held regualr meetings to keep everyone appraised of an ever deteriorating situation (weather wise) and made everyone feel safe. The "command center" they set up with computers for all to use, flashlights, cases of water, hurricane tracking etc. was nothing less than amazing- especially in the time period they did it in. If I were ever to be in a hurricane again, I'd want to be there! On top of it all, the food they served us (for 3 days, buffet style in the ballroom) was completely free to all and was of the quality you'd expect at a top notch wedding reception buffet. And all with a hurricane pounding the island and no staff! (For FREE no less!)
Perfect all around, however, I will add one dislike- which is purely a matter of taste. As someone put it in another review, the menu at BLUE (not to mention the prices) is not for your average/traditional eater. Much, much too upscale for my taste (I had trouble finding something I would even consider eating and even then, paying $88 for a dried out pork chop was not my idea of a nice dinner). My husband, however, who is much more of a gourmet food eater had the 7 selection tasting menu which he said was incredible (disliked a few of the wines but felt they were "paired right" for those of you that enjoy that sort of thing). I wish they had offered me the "lobster and steak" from the menu from the "Seven Restaraunt" as they offered it to someone else who wrote a review here. I had a heck of a time finding a THING I would eat!
All in all, beautiful hotel (rooms, pool, beach) and everything you will read in the reviews under trip advisor (for this hotel) I found to be 100% accurate!
As far as activities- take Captain marvins half day snorkel and stingray tour ($40US per person). Well worth the money and we actually met 92 year old Captian marvin who still overseas the morning trips each day. What an incredible islander to meet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands