Travel Dates Nov 2-7, 2008; 2 Adults 38 & 40 yrs old
This was our 3rd trip to GC (2003 & 1999) previous stays were at the old Hyatt, prior Ivan.
The overall Ritz experinece was great. Hotel was at about 60% capacity. The hotel is very nicely done, elegant but not over the top, It did not feel stuffy as some RC properties can feel.
Rooms: We had a room in the Ocean front Bldg Room#831, highest floor GREAT ocean view. Rooms was well done, small stand up shower was a negative. Other reviews talked about the long walks to the main bldg/lobby etc, we found it to be not that bad. Your on vacation, take it SLOW.
Food & Bev: Yes drinks are not cheap (they were also not weak in anyway), but nothing is in the Caymans. Pool bar is fine, no swim up bar. Pool service was good, not pushy but always around when you needed something. Lunch at pool is typical, nothing special and again not inexpensive.
Blue Rest. was very good, excellent service, food & wine. $$$$
Siver Palm Lounge was a great place for a pre-dinner cocktail or post dinner. We even watched the election from there that night, good sushi & tapas also.
Plenty of chairs around pool with plenty of umbrellas. Plenty of chairs on beach (with a pull up shade over on each) they are close together.
We got caught in Hurricane Polama, so we watched the hotel go into hurricane prep and what a job they did even still taking care of customers. The RC staff/mngt did everything they could to keep us updates and help to get people out before the storm. We were the last flight out on Delta before the airport closed, not a sunny vacation but an experience and a few stories to tell.
If anyone has any specific question about the RC, other resturants etc please feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, West Indies, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands