There are plenty of reviews on TA that talk about the superior level of service at the Ritz -- from the warm welcome and cool drink at check in, the personalized attention, and the care to every last detail. I cannot add to what has been written, other than to say "I AGREE!".
What will be useful is an honest assessment about the strengths of the property, and where it may not be a perfect match for your travel needs. We loved our stay, but recognize that it may not be the best place for everyone out there. Addressing the three biggest issues we could see:
1. If you never ever want to see a child on your trip, this isn't the place for you. The Ritz does an amazing job making this a family-friendly resort, without making you feel like you are on a Disney-themed Carnival cruise. There were a number of families there during our stay, but at no time did we feel that our couple's getaway was diminished by kids. Generally, the children there were well behaved, had plenty to do, and certainly did not have the run of the place (like in most other "family" resorts). But if you are looking for a property with no children at all, look elsewhere.
2. This is a VERY large property. If you have mobility issues, or don't want to walk at all, this isn't the place for you. We stayed at the far end of the 'Garden' side of the resort -- perhaps about as far from the beach as one could stay -- but we never felt it a problem. Yes, it takes a few minutes to walk from one end to the other. We actually liked being away from the center of the action - but that may not be what you are looking for. You'll pay a premium for the ocean front / ocean facing rooms, but your stay will not be diminished by staying elsewhere on the property.
3. If you want an undisturbed patch of sand, without contact with another human being, this isn't the place for you. As other TA reviewers have noted, the beach in front of the Ritz is crowded. There's also a superior level of service and attention from the staff that you won't find elsewhere. You can also walk 500 feet in either direction up or down the beach, lay out a towel, and you'll be away from the crowd. We never felt that this was a problem -- in fact the people watching provided hours of entertainment.
I'll be reviewing the restaurants separately, but suffice it say that there were excellent (although pricy) dining choices on property. One can also walk a few blocks away from the property and have other great choices. We traveled the island on the bus system (very inexpensive) but there was also a line of taxis always waiting to take you wherever you wanted. If you don't want to pay resort prices for your drinks, stock up across the street at the local wine and spirits store if you must, but prices were in line with what I'd expect to pay in New York, LA, London, and other major cities for a cocktail, served to me on the beach, by a very attentive wait staff.
Overall, this is a superior property on one of the best beaches on the planet. We can't wait until we can get back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands