I am reviewing a week of vacation with family at the R-C Grand Cayman
Since I could spend pages reviewing this hotel I will summarize the good and bad and give tips.
Reasons to Go
1.An absolutely majestic 7 mile beach
2.Some of the best trained professional staff I have ever seen in the hotel club.
3.Lots of water activities.
4.Direct Flight from Houston
5.Kids Friendly environment
6.The ladies and Gentleman Club
Reasons not to Go
1.If you do not want to spent a lot of Money
2.Very crowded beach
3.Unavailability of preferred beach chairs in the summer peak hrs.
4.Unreasonably expensive taxi fairs
5.No Hotel curtesy transportation from Airport
6. Horrible and Antiquated airport terminal and facilities
7.Very expensive restaurants with average food quality
7. Hidden Taxes that will pump up your bill
Let me emphasize : You will be spending A LOT of Money!!
For us it was a break from our ordinary vacation plans.We loved it.
1. Make sure you book Club access for you and your family.Visit often.
2.Book Penthouse level,Ocean view.
3.If you going to Eat at the Hotel visit "Periwinkle". All other restaurants in Hotel are a poor value
4.Go to the beach after 1-2 pm to be able to find some good chairs.This is one of the unacceptable negatives for the amount of money you are going to spend.They really need to figure this out.
5.Don't go during peak season.
Per Room for the penthouse beach front with club access average 800 USD/night
Family of 5 Dinner /no alcohol : Average 300-400 USD bill
Taxi from Hotel to restaurant 10 min ride: 50 USD only cash accepted
About the Beach and the beach chairs.There is an abundance of individuals who will leave personal items on the chairs to "reserve " them and then disappear .Although there is a hotel policy to clear the chairs if no one is there after 2 hrs the staff at the beach was completely uninterested to do just that.Very frustrating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands